Ty Jerome / Hunter / Guy / Diakite | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ty Jerome / Hunter / Guy / Diakite

Guy is listed as 6'3" --- Redick at 6'4"

I figured him for 6-2 from the television. Best of luck to him, fine player, won't be too sad to see him go!

I was trying to think of an apt comparison to Guy in the NBA, and I honestly think Steve Kerr is a good comparison. They're the same exact size. I see Guy has potentially being a low-volume, high-percentage shooter off the bench like Kerr was for many years.

(Another idea is a bit of a poor man's Jamal Crawford)
he's a deadeye shooter with ice in his veins...always a spot for that in the NBA...I see him as a poor man's klay thompson. jamal crawford is way too good at creating his own shot to get compared to kyle guy, imo...

Diakite has edited his original Instagram post with the following sentence. “This process will allow me to test the waters, get valuable feedback, and participate in the pre-draft process.”
At least, this is the way it is being reported. I think it suggest he'll return. I also think going through the process is a very prudent thing for him to do.
i think it is cool that players can do this like battle did last year...but I think over time it might be shown that this type of "testing the waters" and coming back can often be detrimental to the next season's team...how focused on the team are these players who hired an agent but came back going to generally be?? and how much are their stories and insights going to distract their teammates?

SU this year seemed to be all distracted after battle came back and brissett was probably influenced by NBA thoughts...they were so good chemistry-wise in 2018 but did not gel at all in 2019 which was weird.

i long for the days of 4 year players and only very rare cases of leaving early...made for much better CBB.

I think a better rule than the current one would be that 18 year olds could go straight to the league but the players who commit to college have to honor that commitment.

he's a deadeye shooter with ice in his veins...always a spot for that in the NBA...I see him as a poor man's klay thompson. jamal crawford is way too good at creating his own shot to get compared to kyle guy, imo...

I could see a lower volume Seth Curry

Post by one of our board gurus said that Guy's fiancee' all but stated flat out on Instagram that he will return to school.

Crawford is one of the best ball handlers of all time, in terms of creating off the dribble jumpers for himself.

They can do that now, and not forfeit eligibility, if my understanding is correct.

Or maybe - he gone.
That’s right. Doesn’t mean he gone, but doesn’t mean he not gone neither.

i think it is cool that players can do this like battle did last year...but I think over time it might be shown that this type of "testing the waters" and coming back can often be detrimental to the next season's team...how focused on the team are these players who hired an agent but came back going to generally be?? and how much are their stories and insights going to distract their teammates?

SU this year seemed to be all distracted after battle came back and brissett was probably influenced by NBA thoughts...they were so good chemistry-wise in 2018 but did not gel at all in 2019 which was weird.

i long for the days of 4 year players and only very rare cases of leaving early...made for much better CBB.

I think a better rule than the current one would be that 18 year olds could go straight to the league but the players who commit to college have to honor that commitment.
I suspect the best we might hope for is the baseball model, but even that seems unlikely.

I don’t know. John Wallace was going to go pro after his junior year. He pulled out of the draft and came back, and that team had phenomenal chemistry. If I recall, Z Sims and Otis Hill had both considered leaving the program the year before too.

Guys that are good enough having one eye on the pros, and guys wanting playing time and wanting the best situation for themselves will always be a huge part of it at this level of ball.

I don’t know. John Wallace was going to go pro after his junior year. He pulled out of the draft and came back, and that team had phenomenal chemistry. If I recall, Z Sims and Otis Hill had both considered leaving the program the year before too.

Guys that are good enough having one eye on the pros, and guys wanting playing time and wanting the best situation for themselves will always be a huge part of it at this level of ball.
yeah you're probably right...its probably not a rule ...but it really shocked me that the chemistry on the team seemed to regress year over year...from last year to this one...

do you agree that it was worse and what would you attribute that to?

I definitely thought Jamal Crawford would be the best player out of that 2000 draft.

Interesting side note that you may already know .. But Tony Bennett also coached Klay Thompson at Washington State.

I like Kyle Guy. I do. I just don't think he seems all that crafty, or that great at initiating anything. I think he'll have a Tyler Lydon, or Mali like career in the NBA.

I think Guy was getting married to summer to his high school girlfriend too.

Good for Guy. Never wanted to see him against the zone again. He’s making the right choice here, striking while his iron is at its hottest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom