Ty Jerome / Hunter / Guy / Diakite | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ty Jerome / Hunter / Guy / Diakite

And UVA's fall begins
Dont forget that Tony Bennett redshirts. There are players waiting in the wings that you have never heard of that will be stars soon. UVA fans are salivating over this unveiling. Stay tuned.

Dont forget that Tony Bennett redshirts. There are players waiting in the wings that you have never heard of that will be stars soon. UVA fans are salivating over this unveiling. Stay tuned.

HooAl? That you, Bacco?

I agree with him totally. At su we would have Braswell another 4 years. Some kids come in and can help but some can’t right away. If u ain’t Duke and Kentucky, then u should redshirt guys that aren’t quit ready so they can give u 3 spectacular seasons. Just my opinion.

I have a lot of respect for Tony Bennett and his skills developing players. But don't fool yourself. Those three were special players. I am sure UVa will still be a top 25 team but they won't be in a Final Four again for at least a couple of years.

The drop off after the big 3 was very steep.

ACC will look very different next year. I know a lot can still happened between now and the start of the year, but who are the favorites? Duke? Louisville? Lot of star-power is leaving.
I still think come March it's Duke, UNc and UVA

Stop

Who are these soon-to-be stars?

I agree with him totally. At su we would have Braswell another 4 years. Some kids come in and can help but some can’t right away. If u ain’t Duke and Kentucky, then u should redshirt guys that aren’t quit ready so they can give u 3 spectacular seasons. Just my opinion.

It takes a huge by in from the kid too. JB has said that he asks kids to redshirt but ultimately it’s their decision. UVA and Notre Dame recruits kids they must already know are willing to redshirt, which is a big plus for their underrated players to develop.

I have a lot of respect for Tony Bennett and his skills developing players. But don't fool yourself. Those three were special players. I am sure UVa will still be a top 25 team but they won't be in a Final Four again for at least a couple of years.

The players we have returning will get better but I agree with you for the most part. Losing those 3 (if we do in fact lose them all) will be tough to deal with. That's why it was so great that we won it all. It definitely makes losing them a lot easier to stomach. If I'm being honest, we can play in the NIT next year and I'll be perfectly fine.

Will be very interesting to see what Guy's draft stock is like. Hard to imagine it getting higher than whatever it is right now but not sure it'll be all that high to begin with. Obviously an incredible shooter though. Seems like there should be a role for him in the NBA even if it's likely as an off-the-bench sniper.

Who are these soon-to-be stars?
I would hesitate to call them "stars to be", but there are some promising underclassmen. They may develop; they may not. Nonetheless, I am encouraged and hopeful. The most likely to become an early contributor is Francisco Caffaro. He's a 7' center
who is currently redshirting. In 2018, he attended the NBA Academy in Australia, and was a starter on the Argentine U18 team last summer. Next would be Francesco (Frankie) Badocchi. He redshirted last year after surgery, and didn't dress for games early in the season. As a result, he never approached the playing rotation, but he is 6'7", 210, and very athletic. He remains a bit of an unknown, but in limited mop up play, he looked pretty good. Finally, there's Kody Stattman. He's a 6'7", 187 lb wing from Australia. He has exceptional range on his jump shot, and decent quickness and ball handling. He definitely needs more strength, if not bulk. He is a true frosh, and was a starter for the Australian U18 team last year. It will be interesting to see what he looks like after a summer of weight training. None of these guys are sure things, and it might be more than a year before they become contributors, but the potential is there

Glad we get UVA as the opener next year.
They won’t be gelled yet and will have a lot of talent.

Yup just a shame that it would have been in the Dome as the Dome is a highly desirable tv backdrop since they won it all.

Tech pulling that game out and a mass defection would have been ideal for us.

I agree that the loss will be big. And it will take some time to recover. Im just saying that this is where the redshirt approach can save your hide. At least some of these departing players can be replaced by guys who have been in the system for a full year.

Diakite has edited his original Instagram post with the following sentence. “This process will allow me to test the waters, get valuable feedback, and participate in the pre-draft process.”
At least, this is the way it is being reported. I think it suggest he'll return. I also think going through the process is a very prudent thing for him to do.

Glad we get UVA as the opener next year.
They won’t be gelled yet and will have a lot of talent.
Is that because we will be all gelled together? I guess because of the team’s time together in Italy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom