tyler cavanaugh ? | Syracusefan.com

tyler cavanaugh ?

Carolinasu

Walk On
I was just curios if anyone would know if he would be eligible to play at Syracuse as a grad student transfer next season. I recall when he left Wake Forrest he stated he was transferring to G.W. because he wanted the opportunity to play in the NCAA tournament before he graduated. By the way things look we may have an extra scholarship next season so would it be possible he may come here and play and would he even be eligible after already transferring once? I think he would be a great fit.

I was just curios if anyone would know if he would be eligible to play at Syracuse as a grad student transfer next season. I recall when he left Wake Forrest he stated he was transferring to G.W. because he wanted the opportunity to play in the NCAA tournament before he graduated. By the way things look we may have an extra scholarship next season so would it be possible he may come here and play and would he even be eligible after already transferring once? I think he would be a great fit.
Don't know if he will have his degree. But that is good out-of-the-box thinking.

and would he even be eligible after already transferring once? I think he would be a great fit.

I think so. Katin Reinhardt of USC is going to transfer for a grad year, and he already transferred from UNLV.

I think so. Katin Reinhardt of USC is going to transfer for a grad year, and he already transferred from UNLV.
Gibbs at UConn and Carter at BC both just finished their careers at their third school. I'd guess there are others.

Can't transfer.
It's called the "triple transfer rule" and was invented by CuseHulk.
latest

Unfortunately, the grad transfer rule only applies if the school offers a degree not offered at the player's current school.

I think you get 5 years to play 4 in general without some sort of special waiver. So sitting out a transfer season essentially works as a red-shirt year. So if you have your degree you should be able to transfer to any school that offers a masters program that your school does not and be able to play that season.

Don't know if he will have his degree. But that is good out-of-the-box thinking.

The rule is we CANT have his degree. TO qualify it must be to get a masters or equivalent of something his current school doesnt offer.

The rule is we CANT have his degree. TO qualify it must be to get a masters or equivalent of something his current school doesnt offer.
Yep. My point was that I don't know if he will have his degree.

You guys all realize that none of these guys has limitation on where they can transfer based on degree offerings, don't you?

Is the first part true? Why would it matter if we have his degree [i.e., the undergraduate degree]?

I thought the rule was only tied to the master's degree program offering being different.

Unfortunately, the grad transfer rule only applies if the school offers a degree not offered at the player's current school.
LOL you don't think you can find a grad program at Syracuse that G.W. doesn't offer? Of course you can.

Is the first part true? Why would it matter if we have his degree [i.e., the undergraduate degree]?

I thought the rule was only tied to the master's degree program offering being different.
I think you are right.

It is not worded correctly. We have to have a Masters that is NOT included at his current school.

I think if he wanted to attend SU, he would have committed here in the first place. :noidea:

I think if he wanted to attend SU, he would have committed here in the first place. :noidea:
I could be wrong since this was years ago, but the story I heard during his recruitment was that JB basically told him that playing time would be tight/limited in the early goings if he wanted to attend SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom