Tyler Ennis 2014 Draft | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis 2014 Draft

just saying it's got to be a special feeling leading your team into the final 4. and money don't buy that.

tbonezone said:
just saying it's got to be a special feeling leading your team into the final 4. and money don't buy that.

I'm sure it is, but there's also no guarantee that you're going to be going to the final four, any year. But if you have the option to be a millionaire overnight, that's a guarantee.

Heard one rumor that the "guys" politely told Kenny that there were already enough stars on the roster by essentially ditching him somewhere on Marshall St.
GT could have cost us 2 NCs, Marbury was also a "lock" until they sent a private jet to NYC to bring Stephon for his official...
Could you imagine Marbury in the backcourt with Z and Wallace up front in '96? Good chance we beat Kentucky, even though that UK team was the most loaded NBA talent team in history(11 NBA players)...
Met a guy who hung with Kenny in ATL while in college. Kenny had a BMW and Mercedes. Cremins was a cheat. Stole Dennis Scott from us too.

Heard one rumor that the "guys" politely told Kenny that there were already enough stars on the roster by essentially ditching him somewhere on Marshall St.
GT could have cost us 2 NCs, Marbury was also a "lock" until they sent a private jet to NYC to bring Stephon for his official...
Could you imagine Marbury in the backcourt with Z and Wallace up front in '96? Good chance we beat Kentucky, even though that UK team was the most loaded NBA talent team in history(11 NBA players)...

Kenny Anderson is probably the biggest recruiting "miss" in the history of the program, given the talent we had on that next team with the only position lacking being PG. Guy led GT to the final four--imagine what he might have done playing alongside DC, Billy, Stevie, and LeRon?

I disagree with your premise about '96, however. That team had perfect chemistry--in part because the ball was put into Z's hands, and the team's superstar deferred to Z's on court leadership. Marbury was more talented than players on that team, but it doesn't necessarily mean he would have made the team better. Has he made ANY team he's been on better?

Well there's likely to be at least 3 euro 1st rounders this year, 1 of which is a possible top 3 pick.

Maybe so, but within the last 10 years, there were drafts where around 8 - 10 were picked (or at least it seemed like it ...).

I disagree with your premise about '96, however. That team had perfect chemistry--in part because the ball was put into Z's hands, and the team's superstar deferred to Z's on court leadership. Marbury was more talented than players on that team, but it doesn't necessarily mean he would have made the team better. Has he made ANY team he's been on better?
Agree with this. And I think this is why the 09-10 team, in part, was so much better than the 08-09 team. This is nothing against Flynn, who gave his heart and soul playing for SU, but I think the chemistry just got sooo much better with the Triche/Rautins back court, especially when you put a guy like Wes Johnson on the floor, too.

It's also helped that the 96 team lost Michael Lloyd, who I liked, but wasn't the right kind of personality to lead that team like Z was. And finally, it's also why I think this year's team could potentially wind up better than last year's team. I love MCW but here's another case where we have the exact right personality running the point, so we may actually be improved because he impacts his teammates in a way that MCW didn't necessarily last year, since he was looking for his own shot and played out of control quite a bit.

This specualation is with us for the foreseeable future. We have been in this mode for a couple of years now. KJ2 and Roberson didn't come here expecting Ennis or Grant to be 4 year players. They probably don't expect to be 4 year players themselves.

We probably aren't telling Bryant that we expect him to be splitting time with Grant and McCollough.
You just show them the past and present, and tell them the future is "up to you"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom