Tyler Ennis Pass | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Pass

orangeinohio

2023 Cali Award Participant
What's your take on whether or not Tyler Ennis's pseudo-pass to CJ Fair with about 30 seconds left in the game actually touched that BC player's fingers?

The video didn't seem to show any contact or that the direction of the ball changed.

It was a make up call for the phantom OOB call against Cuse the possession or two before when the BC guy threw it out and CJ got there late.

my take is that i hate replay and it's not worth it

just make the freaking call and let me move on with my life. these knucklehead refs treat it like life or death WE GOTTA GET IT RIGHT but only at the end of games. meanwhile, the BC throws it out of bounds and whatever, this possession isn't important because there are 4 min left.

let's just make the game two minutes long if those are more important and the refs can spend 118 minutes making sure to get everything right

I kept thinking at that moment that, if we ended up winning the game, it was going to be yet another controversial win, fueled by refs on the take.

it did not look like he touched it but it appeared the balls rotation changed so im thinking he did - if that makes any sense

that was a terrible pass. hated that call anyway, why are we going to cj there? ennis getting in the lane should be the play there 100 times out of 100. then when we got fortunate enough to get the ball back cj gets the ball and with no thought of passing drives and puts up a wild shot.

ennis needs to take over this team from the opening tip!!

It looked like, to me, from the baseline camera angle, that the balls rotation or direction changed very slightly, so I do think the BC player got a fingernail on it.

It looked like, to me, from the baseline camera angle, that the balls rotation or direction changed very slightly, so I do think the BC player got a fingernail on it.
i think he just shot putted the pass with no rotation. ennis didn't think the guy touched it.

it did not look like he touched it but it appeared the balls rotation changed so im thinking he did - if that makes any sense
Yeah, that's how I saw it.

I thought I saw the ball deflect slightly, and I also thought I saw the player's finger deflect from the impact of the ball, but then that's what I wanted to see. Agreed that there was inconclusive proof to overturn the call, but if the call had been BC ball to begin with, there wouldn't have been any proof to support SU, either.-VBOF

Did anyone bother to ask #20 from BC whether he touched it?
Let's do a poll! (sarcasm alert)

let's just make the game two minutes long if those are more important and the refs can spend 118 minutes making sure to get everything right

I disagree with you - I'm fine with the refs taking all the time they need to make a critical call properly in the final two minutes of a game. If you're going to invest two hours of your life to watch a college basketball game, is it really a big deal if it is extended by 5 minutes so that the outcome is legitimate?

And of course they aren't going to review calls that closely in the first half, that would destroy the flow of the game and make it unentertaining. Reviewing calls closely in the final two minutes is the perfect balance of entertainment vs. accurate outcome.

I don't think it was touched. What an awful possession regardless.

The pass that bothered me more was when he tried to thread the needle from past the three point line through like 3 defenders. By far his worst pass of the night

The pass that bothered me more was when he tried to thread the needle from past the three point line through like 3 defenders. By far his worst pass of the night

that pass was an andy rautins special his senior year.

I disagree with you - I'm fine with the refs taking all the time they need to make a critical call properly in the final two minutes of a game. If you're going to invest two hours of your life to watch a college basketball game, is it really a big deal if it is extended by 5 minutes so that the outcome is legitimate?

And of course they aren't going to review calls that closely in the first half, that would destroy the flow of the game and make it unentertaining. Reviewing calls closely in the final two minutes is the perfect balance of entertainment vs. accurate outcome.
there's no balance. it's the least entertaining thing in the world. the endings of basketball games already take too long without waiting for some exhausted foot locker jagoffs to spend 20 minutes looking at a kitchen tv before saying "derp i don't know lets just go with the original call"

once the refs give themselves anytime to look anything over, that's when their fatigue sets in and the realize that they're old and have been running around for 2 hours. talk about stall ball

Yes, from the film you could clearly see the defender's pinky go back and to the left...

Yes, from the film you could clearly see the defender's pinky go back and to the left...

huh, ok. i couldn't see that last night but i also need a new tv.
they showed that damn replay probably 12 times and i couldn't see anything.

I understand why the call wasn't overturned and am disappointed we lost, but I was relieved we didn't score the last bucket of the game on that possession and win the game because of that call. It wouldn't have felt right to me.

there's no balance. it's the least entertaining thing in the world. the endings of basketball games already take too long without waiting for some exhausted foot locker jagoffs to spend 20 minutes looking at a kitchen tv before saying "derp i don't know lets just go with the original call"

once the refs give themselves anytime to look anything over, that's when their fatigue sets in and the realize that they're old and have been running around for 2 hours. talk about stall ball

Then blame the people who made the rule that under 2 minutes you can look at it. Not the refs fault.

Then blame the people who made the rule that under 2 minutes you can look at it. Not the refs fault.
there's no rule saying you have to spend that long looking at it.

there's no rule saying you have to spend that long looking at it.

True but it apparently a cut and dry decision (I was at the game so I didnt see it) and the rule was intended on them getting it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom