Tyler Ennis Pass | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Pass

as i said in a post below that game call is supposed to be made live. if the refs feel after a brief conference they need to video review a call they think they missed NCAA should allow 1 and only 1 look at the replay in slow motion (although an argument could be made that the call should be made in real game time) from every angle available and the final call should be made within 1 minute of viewing. that extended break last night does indeed affect the flow of the game , allows coaching and impacts every players physical rest level.
last night was ridiculous. they must have viewed the tape 30 times. i know we all did!

But wait. What about the out of bounds call on the other end that they said CJ touched. The ref was right there and on the replays I didn't see him touching the ball. BC got that one back, announcers said nothing, no review, no nothin. They scored what amounts to the winning bucket with the free possession we got. National outrage is 3... 2... 1... oh thats right. Never mind.

huh, ok. i couldn't see that last night but i also need a new tv.
they showed that damn replay probably 12 times and i couldn't see anything.
I was kidding. The amount of time they spent showing the refs (and us) the replay you'd think we were examining the Zapruder film.

I don't think the BC player touched it but the video I saw wasn't conclusive enough to say definitely.

Exactly, the camera angle made it look pretty much like the ball glazed of the BC players finger. In actually I do not believe it did, the angle made it look like it did.

there's no rule saying you have to spend that long looking at it.
They were going back and forth between checking the play and catching the score on the Florida-Auburn game.

It looked like, to me, from the baseline camera angle, that the balls rotation or direction changed very slightly, so I do think the BC player got a fingernail on it.

bingo and the DVR played in slow motion shows a change in direction of the ball's flight path...the ref saw it right in game speed

I'm with Millhouse on this one. I used to be all for replay when I was younger. As I get older I've realized there are just so many ref **k-ups throughout the game...I just don't think reviewing select plays within an arbitrary amount of time left really does anything to ensure that the more deserving team wins. In fact it's just as likely to create greater inequity...

Take the 49ers-Panthers playoff game, which, if anyone remembers, SF was gift-wrapped two FG's by drive extending bogus penalties in the first Qtr, then an Anquan Boldin headbutt gets mysteriously ignored even though they called the same thing on Car earlier. It would've been fine, or dare I say, better and more fair, if Vernon Davis' incompletion (which was really a TD) wasn't reviewed and overturned. But it was and Car. got doubly screwed. But they got that call right thanks to replay. Great, congratulations.

What's your take on whether or not Tyler Ennis's pseudo-pass to CJ Fair with about 30 seconds left in the game actually touched that BC player's fingers?

The video didn't seem to show any contact or that the direction of the ball changed.

What's your take on whether or not Tyler Ennis's pseudo-pass to CJ Fair with about 30 seconds left in the game actually touched that BC player's fingers?

The video didn't seem to show any contact or that the direction of the ball changed.
the ball touched the player from BC, not by a lot, however the ball did indeed touch the hand of the BC player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom