Tyler Ennis released by Los Angeles Lakers | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis released by Los Angeles Lakers

They could have thrown him in the pot to get Leonard.

his salary is too low to really sweeten anything in a trade. which just sounds weird. but they need to make the salaries work. 1.7 mil or whatever it is doesnt make a splash in Leonards $21 mil

and to sign another player they need to be rid of basically all contracts and then can sign after. Ennis knew he was gone long ago. he may be signed back in a few weeks.

He should call up Boeheims Army...

but he is not done. He'll be a minimum salary player somewhere next year

He should call up Boeheims Army...

but he is not done. He'll be a minimum salary player somewhere next year
Not to mention international b-ball which pays decent bucks.
Fans sometimes belittle that factor, but a few years playing overseas ain’t too shabby financially.

Fans sometimes belittle that factor, but a few years playing overseas ain’t too shabby financially.

I would say the most annoying thing college basketball fans do is patronizingly say that their favorite college players should stay in school "so they can get their degree." But a close second are fans who somehow think playing professional basketball overseas means you're a failure.

I would say the most annoying thing college basketball fans do is patronizingly say that their favorite college players should stay in school "so they can get their degree." But a close second are fans who somehow think playing professional basketball overseas means you're a failure.
Which is weird, because if you have a degree and you have an offer to work overseas, it's often viewed as prestigious.

I know that many of the overseas leagues have caps on the number of American players they can have. Does that hold true with Canadian players also? If not that could give Ennis an edge overseas. But to be honest I don't think his NBA time is over yet. While he certainly hasn't lived up to his draft position he has been as others have said "solid" if unspectacular. He should have a few more years of NBA roster spots at the minimum ahead. At around $2 M per year give or take that ain't too shabby.

I know that many of the overseas leagues have caps on the number of American players they can have. Does that hold true with Canadian players also? If not that could give Ennis an edge overseas. But to be honest I don't think his NBA time is over yet. While he certainly hasn't lived up to his draft position he has been as others have said "solid" if unspectacular. He should have a few more years of NBA roster spots at the minimum ahead. At around $2 M per year give or take that ain't too shabby.

For Ennis, it was always going to come down to whether he could shoot well enough and defend well enough. to carve out a niche as a dependable backup. Hope he's done enough to show that he can on both counts.

Some do, but they all aren't Real Madrid. Think he sticks in the league though.

For Ennis, it was always going to come down to whether he could shoot well enough and defend well enough. to carve out a niche as a dependable backup. Hope he's done enough to show that he can on both counts.

When he actually gets playing time, it seems like he shows he can play in the league. But he's never really landed in a great situation. I think he still has some time life and will hook on with another team.

over 6 seasons he avg's about 30 games at 12 mpg. 4 pts 2 assists. what's that worth ?

you think he's worth 8 million per season ? you must have some serious minimum cap space to fill.