Tyler Ennis Set to Become Starting Point Guard at Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Set to Become Starting Point Guard at Cuse

Not a huge fan of the Boeheim quote at the end, when asked if Ennis can start if MCW leaves early. "He has to, he has too, he has too"

That's disconcerting at best...

Not a huge fan of the Boeheim quote at the end, when asked if Ennis can start if MCW leaves early. "He has to, he has too, he has too"

Well "if MCW leaves", what do you think he would say?

Well "if MCW leaves", what do you think he would say?

Well obviously. But to repeat it 3 times in quick succession makes it sound like he's not sure he can do it/ or that he is very worried about that scenario coming to pass...

Of course that's me simply speculating about words published by a media outlet who knows that sensationalism leads to hits, and more hits eventually = more money... So who knows.

No biggie. Don't try to dissect and interpret what JB says. Ennis will start next year, have some bumps along the way, but prove to be quite worthy of his starting position.

What is he supposed to say? He's right. He has too.

Ennis brings all of the best components needed by a point guard to be successful. He is admired by all his current teammates and others who have played with him on the CIA Bounce/ AAU circuit. He is a LEADER and will be outstanding here at Syracuse. Anyone who doubts this need only watch the videos of his play and interviews that are easily accessible online. The talent which is on tap to wear Orange in the coming years will be nothing short of sensational.

Ennis seems to fit the bill as a pass first pg who puts you in position to score minus the flash MCW shows us. Seems like he makes better decisions than MCW but you can never know for sure until he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's going to play big minutes right away. Have no clue who our backup PG would be.

He's going to play big minutes right away. Have no clue who our backup PG would be.

My main cocern for next year is the back-up PG as well. Ennis should be fine as the starter and will play big minutes. Can Mike G or Cooney handle the ball effectively? Will Patterson have the maturity and handle to play significant minutes at PG?

Once thing is clear, MCW has to go pro this year!

My main cocern for next year is the back-up PG as well. Ennis should be fine as the starter and will play big minutes. Can Mike G or Cooney handle the ball effectively? Will Patterson have the maturity and handle to play significant minutes at PG?

This is the reason why I would like another guard in this class...and god forbid we have an injury

I'm not too worried about us at PG next year. Ennis looks like the real deal, and Mike G has been practicing all year as a PG, and playing against MCW on the b team, and supposedly he can play good minutes at the point to spell Ennis next year. I'm a little more worried about our ability to shoot the ball. We're losing Southerland and Triche, obviously, and I don't think either Patterson or Mike G are great outside shooters, and Cooney is obviously a question mark at this point. We'll have Fair and Grant, but it seems more likely that they'll just continue doing what they've been doing. being opportunistic and taking the open outside shot when the defense leaves it for them, but not taking many 3s overall. But if Fair continues working on his 3 over the summer, maybe he'll be more comfortable being a more aggressive outside shooter. If not, a lot is going to come down to Cooney being able to take a big step forward. But who knows, once he gets more regular playing time and gets into a rhthym, maybe his game will come together.

I think Patterson will end up being the back up PG next year.

Cooney for starting PG!

I think we can almost write down Ennis/Gbinje in marker for the starting backcourt, right? Cooney will have to be the 3rd guard again, unless Patterson can make an immediate impact. Going to be A LOT of growing pains for next year's team.

Cooney almost has to start at the 2. If we have zero threats from 3 in the starting lineup, we're screwed.

Cooney almost has to start at the 2. If we have zero threats from 3 in the starting lineup, we're screwed.
Isn't Gbinje a good shooter?

BJ can shoot and I think his future is at the 2G. With CJ Robertson and Grant plus McCullough the following year I don't see him as a forward here.

I worry even more about next year because threr is no way to determine if Cooney will make threes. Who knows. Who are going to make threes for us? I really wonder. Southerland, Triche, and MCW gone. I mean that is a major issue. I wonder as to the wisdom of not brining in a shooting guard for this class. I understand that we were recruiting Seldon, but we should have a backup at least.

I worry even more about next year because threr is no way to determine if Cooney will make threes. Who knows. Who are going to make threes for us? I really wonder. Southerland, Triche, and MCW gone. I mean that is a major issue. I wonder as to the wisdom of not brining in a shooting guard for this class. I understand that we were recruiting Seldon, but we should have a backup at least.
I think next year could be one of those years that we sneak up on everyone. I expect a big improvement at the 5, CJ should have some dominant performances and the team will be hungry to prove itself, IMO.

I'm totally shocked JB would even discuss this? In what forum did he give these quotes? I have never heard him even breathe a word about future players, LOI or not, in season before they get here.

I'm totally shocked JB would even discuss this? In what forum did he give these quotes? I have never heard him even breathe a word about future players, LOI or not, in season before they get here.
Kind of a unique situation. There are literally no other point guards, except maybe Patterson, correct?

Kind of a unique situation. There are literally no other point guards, except maybe Patterson, correct?

Irrelevant. He never ever ever talks about future years in season. Hell, you are risking a beat down in a PC if you ask about the game after next.