Tyler Ennis Set to Become Starting Point Guard at Cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Set to Become Starting Point Guard at Cuse

Remember, that Ennis is more than a capable three point shooter. CJ is really coming on too. We will be better from the perimter next year. Johnson and Roberson can also shoot.

Kind of a unique situation. There are literally no other point guards, except maybe Patterson, correct?

I think that many of you are still considering MCW as gone.
There is a reason that Albany has been quiet lately.
Two scouts I met in Florida think he is out of the first round unless he completely rebuilds his game. He has to be lower, Quicker, and stay on his feet. MCW has, played his way out of a big contract and will have to return, and not necessarily as point guard.

Two scouts I met in Florida think he is out of the first round unless he completely rebuilds his game. He has to be lower, Quicker, and stay on his feet. MCW has, played his way out of a big contract and will have to return, and not necessarily as point guard.

Barring injury, there's no scenario in which MCW would not be a 1st round pick. There's almost no chance that he'll make it out of the lottery, much less out of the 1st round entirely.

As of now he is very much out of the lottery and if you want I will put some money on it!
I hear what youre saying buddy but the nba drafts on potential and lets you develop/work on your game/mold you. But as of now hes not playing like a lottery player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides Marcus Smart and Trey Burke(who's only 5'11 tops), what other PG in the weakest draft in sometime would you take over MCW? MCW has a lot to work on and I don't view him as a great pro, but there is no way 30 teams will pass him up in the 1st round.

Good lord. I read twice in this thread about how important Fair will be next year, and I had been completely thinking he's a senior this year... Feels good to be reminded we get him for one more season. Kinda like a Bonus Super Player in the recruiting class of my addled mind.

Cooney almost has to start at the 2. If we have zero threats from 3 in the starting lineup, we're screwed.
Based on what we have seen this year - no way TC starts next year. In fact, if he doesn't improve 500% he probably won't even see the floor.

I think Patterson will end up being the back up PG next year.
I agree with this sentiment after watching Buss play. Silent G might get more minutes at the point at the beginning of the season, but Buss will earn playing time as the backup pg.

Give cooney a break. People said the same thing about Andy rautins early in his career and he turned into one of our all time best shooters. Cooney has more upside than Andy. He will be a great player at SU when his career is finished.

I'm totally shocked JB would even discuss this? In what forum did he give these quotes? I have never heard him even breathe a word about future players, LOI or not, in season before they get here.
agree

Give cooney a break. People said the same thing about Andy rautins early in his career and he turned into one of our all time best shooters. Cooney has more upside than Andy. He will be a great player at SU when his career is finished.
We all hope you are right

And the doubters will scatter like rats, this won't be the first time or the last unfortunately.

Because no player ever gets better from their freshman to sophomore year, especially at syracuse. Dion waiters was pretty terrible his freshman year as well.

Because no player ever gets better from their freshman to sophomore year, especially at syracuse. Dion waiters was pretty terrible his freshman year as well.
Dion's attitude wasn't good but I don't think too many people would say he was terrible during his freshman year.

Dion is 8 months older than Cooney...maybe that's not a good comparison

There's about a 100 scouts on this board who say mcw is a lottery pick.

Remember, that Ennis is more than a capable three point shooter. CJ is really coming on too. We will be better from the perimter next year. Johnson and Roberson can also shoot.
Same thing was said last year at thie time. MCW and Triche were both supposed to hit at a much better rate than they had last year, Cooney was the dead eye off the bench and JS was stepping up even more plus CJ. People were counting on 5 shooters. SU is lucky if more that 2 people hit ANY 3 during the course of a game. Claiming to be better by including guys who have yet to play college ball is wishful thinking at best.

Plus, he's two inches taller, a much better dancer, and lots more fun to be with.

They are both listed at 6-4...My point is whether or Cooney improves and I hope he does. JB NEEDS to recruit for the possibility that Cooney doesn't improve. That is JB's job it's not personal.

Is Boeheim legally allowed to make these comments about a recruit? I know the rule is you can't mention them by name but I have never heard him talk about a recruit so specifically, especially in season.