Tyler Ennis Updates | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Updates

The similarity scores for other top prospects are less encouraging: the best matches for Kansas center Joel Embiid and Syracuse point guard Tyler Ennis are Tyrus Thomas(868) and Javaris Crittenton (891), respectively. Neither Thomas nor Crittenton played in the NBA in the 2013/14 season.
http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...sons-andrew-wiggins-joel-embiid-jabari-parker

Sounds pretty interesting, but the fact that athleticism isn't accounted for is a pretty big deal (and I imagine that if it were accounted for, Wiggins similarity to Tobias Harris wouldn't be as strong).

philstarlottery.jpg

From left, NBA draft prospects Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State, Tyler Ennis of Syracuse, Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid of Kansas, Noah Vonleh of Indiana, Doug McDermott of Creighton and Aaron Gordon of Arizona pose for a photograph before the NBA draft lottery in New York, Tuesday, May 20, 2014. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)

Not trading for Love gives the Bulls draft picks to work with. According ESPNChicago.com, the Bulls are liking the looks of Tyler Ennis as someone to develop and pair with Rose. A few seasons ago, drafting a point guard seemed stupid for Chicago, but Rose has played in 50 games over the past three seasons. However, now it is a necessity and Ennis is an excellent option.

General manager Gar Forman told ESPN the team was hopeful to re-sign DJ Augustin and Kirk Hinrich if they are willing to accept cheaper contracts. If now, Ennis could be a solid option for the team if both players are seeking more money.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...rafted-derrick-rose-carlos-boozer-release.htm

If Anderson is out of the mix, another player who looks like he might be available at the Wolves spot with good value is Tyler Ennis, the Syracuse point guard. Hopefully we have gotten the awful taste of Syracuse draftees out of our mouths and can consider him without bias; the system here suggests he has an excellent chance to be at least a starting level point guard at his best, and back up point is a position of need for the Wolves. I admit I'm a little concerned with his mediocre shooting in college, but he young, he got steals, and he didn't turn it over much.

Ennis #8 in Star Potential in this draft class

philstarlottery.jpg

From left, NBA draft prospects Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State, Tyler Ennis of Syracuse, Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid of Kansas, Noah Vonleh of Indiana, Doug McDermott of Creighton and Aaron Gordon of Arizona pose for a photograph before the NBA draft lottery in New York, Tuesday, May 20, 2014. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)
The first thing I thought to myself when I saw this picture was "Damn, McDermott is really white. He looks like Casper in a suit in that picture.

ENNIS IN TOWN

The Raptors' pre-draft workouts are starting with a big name. Brampton's Tyler Ennis, the star Syracuse point guard, will work-out for the Raptors on Thursday. The team will announce the participants the day of (because schedules change all the time), but fellow Canadians Dwight Powell, a power forward from Stanford who is Toronto-born, and Iowa State's Melvin Ejim (Brampton) also could be in town for workouts.

Other workouts will take place June 3-5 at the Air Canada Centre.

The Raptors are high on Ennis, but know it is highly unlikely he will still be on the board if they stay put at No. 20. The team even admitted as much Tuesday afternoon: "Although he is projected to be taken before the Raptors make their draft pick, guard Tyler Ennis (Syracuse) will highlight Thursday's session with his first pre-draft workout in his hometown," read a release.

Ennis was a semi-finalist for the Naismith College Player of the Year Award.

Ennis and Mississauga's Nik Stauskas are likely lottery picks, along with potential No. 1 overall selection Andrew Wiggins of Vaughan.

The draft is on June 26.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/2...need-to-take-a-shot-at-heat-star-lebron-james