Tyler Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
No suprise but made his top ten, kansas uk rutgers nova florida bama smu seton hall s carolina are the others...think it comes down o us kansas and bama

Nevermind, he is visiting...just no date set...smu kansas and us are the officials

If he is not our plan A then he should be working on him own plan B...good for him

Is there any free video of Roberson out there? I think I've seen him make a layup in a highlight compilation, that's about it.

If he is not our plan A then he should be working on him own plan B...good for him
He's our plan 1a. We like him a lot but our connections with Lawrence are a little better and Lawrence has a higher upside. Despite the upside advantage to Lawrence sometimes a guy like Roberson is a better prospect in that he's still a high major guy who will probably be in school at least a year or two longer than Lawrence.

Is there any free video of Roberson out there? I think I've seen him make a layup in a highlight compilation, that's about it.
I've seen very little also and have been looking for awhile.

Tos has an update and he says that SU has been one of the schools recruiting him the hardest and he thinks he can be a good fit for their style of play. It's a win-win situation with whoever SU ends up with between Lawrence and Roberson.

Tos has an update and he says that SU has been one of the schools recruiting him the hardest and he thinks he can be a good fit for their style of play. It's a win-win situation with whoever SU ends up with between Lawrence and Roberson.
it will be a sad day if we don't get Lawrence.

either or situation?

either or situation?
Both are good players who fit the SU system at forward. If your caught up in rankings then you might be be disappointed if we get Roberson instead of Lawrence. I spoke to someone whose opinion I trust that saw both at the Reebok camp, and he told me that he was more impressed with Roberson than Lawrence. I'm for either guy, so it's a win-win and I could care less about the rankings.

it will be a sad day if we don't get Lawrence.
You calling a board meltdown if that happens?
dawson-crying.jpg

Im one of the few im sure who wants roberson ahead of lawrence..good problem to have tho huh
Do you prefer Roberson because he would likely be here longer or because you think he is just a better fit skillwise?

Yeah we'll have to settle for a top 50 vs a top 20 player #Toptenprogramproblems.

Do you prefer Roberson because he would likely be here longer or because you think he is just a better fit skillwise?

I think hes a great fit...does everything well and just strikes me as a guy thats a "winner"...the probability hed stay a year or two more is a good perk 2...dont get me wrong im a huge fan of lawrence but i just got a feeling robersonwill be a great college player

I think hes a great fit...does everything well and just strikes me as a guy thats a "winner"...the probability hed stay a year or two more is a good perk 2...dont get me wrong im a huge fan of lawrence but i just got a feeling robersonwill be a great college player

I've never really seen Roberson play. How would you say he compares to Fair in terms of ability, impact, style of play...etc.?

I've never really seen Roberson play. How would you say he compares to Fair in terms of ability, impact, style of play...etc.?

Roberson has a lott more potential but has the same instincts bball iq as cj imo...he started out as an inside player slasher type who idnt have an outside game. That part of his game is developing real quick...hes fast as hell and would fit perfect in the zone with his length...heres a good article on him

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-basketball/aau-coach-tyler-roberson-pick-nba-draft/151109

Visiting october 5th and kansas the week after
i think he should cancel his visits on Oct. 7th. My first child is due the 3rd, hopefully he can give my kid a hell of a birthday gift.

Both are good players who fit the SU system at forward. If your caught up in rankings then you might be be disappointed if we get Roberson instead of Lawrence. I spoke to someone whose opinion I trust that saw both at the Reebok camp, and he told me that he was more impressed with Roberson than Lawrence. I'm for either guy, so it's a win-win and I could care less about the rankings.
Lawrence would definitely be the bigger headache for the coaching staff... Extremely out of control and makes poor decisions. Roberson is much more fundamental and you sort of always know what you are getting from him. Lawrence is the better dribbler of the two and the better athlete. At first glance one may think Roberson is a little awkward based on the way he runs(or bounces in his case), but that is not the case at all. I actually think Roberson has a better jump shot and is the better rebounder, defender and inside scorer imo. Also see Lawrence trying to leave school asap, where Roberson seems like the type to stick around. Wouldn't mind Roberson over Lawrence. Any thoughts from those who have seen both?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom