Tyler Roberson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson

I agree if he puts up those numbers on a FF team he will and should go pro. I also think those numbers are close to impossible unless we average 100pts a game. Thomas was the 3rd leading scorer on that team Rak is not going to be in our top 3 imo maybe 5 or 6.
I see your point, we have alot of options. I think that if Rak plays enough minutes and stays aggressive, he can approach those numbers. He can get alot of "garbage" baskets, particularly if DC goes to work down low. Plus with MCW driving and dishing, Rak is a perfect finisher for some lobs or dump passes.

I see your point, we have alot of options. I think that if Rak plays enough minutes and stays aggressive, he can approach those numbers. He can get alot of "garbage" baskets, particularly if DC goes to work down low. Plus with MCW driving and dishing, Rak is a perfect finisher for some lobs or dump passes.
CJ is going to eat up most of those garbage pts that is what he does best

Did Tyrus Thomas do more?

He did. He was actually a VERY active player at LSU who obviously flamed out. Rak needs to do like you say but he would need to really develop that Kenneth Faried-type activity on the boards to be drafted that high.

He did. He was actually a VERY active player at LSU who obviously flamed out. Rak needs to do like you say but he would need to really develop that Kenneth Faried-type activity on the boards to be drafted that high.
I agree, I am really hoping that DCII and Rak give us a rebounding combination that we haven't seen since Rony and DCI.

Funny; I guess I don't follow the recruiting that closely, but my Dad went to RC and is still involved there and sent me a couple of pictures of JB and Hop at the school from Monday, and for whatever reason, the name didn't really ring a bell as far as someone we're recruiting. Guess we're recruiting him pretty strongly.

LOL! I grew up in Roselle moved to Piscataway at 13. I have a ton of friends that went there.

JB is going to look for isolation guys its just part of the game and CJ will be one of them.

To early to tell right now, but defenses double/cheat on the isolation guys, and cheat towards the three point shooters who have a knack at getting open.

imo.
I do agree though. I think defenses will cheat more towards Fair then straight up double him. Fair can already hit the high post jumper. When they start cheating towards him they will force him to pull up from midrange off the bounce more. If he starts making those then they might have to straight up double him.

DC2 or MCW will have the edge at being doubled I think. MCW's has size eplosiveness and a the second gear he found late in the year in practice. DC2 has the ability to finish after contact and the face up dribble to go left or right with. He also has rediculous hands and arms I think he is going to have a lot of opportunities for alot of basket and ones beacuse you can't hack him higher or lower arm without him still getting off a light layup. This will force teams to double him once he learns to bump on his way to the basket instead of from a stationary position which could make him charge. Think Rick Jackson being doubled as a senior, and when they didn't double him it was because he lacked the face up dribble.
imo.

Anyone else constantly disappointed seeing the new posts that have nothing to do with Roberson?
I am sorry for my role in that, I just realized we took quite a tangent.

John Calipari will watch 2013 F Tyler Roberson of Roselle Catholic Tuesday or Wednesday, head coach Dave Boff tells @SNYtv

John Calipari will watch 2013 F Tyler Roberson of Roselle Catholic Tuesday or Wednesday, head coach Dave Boff tells @SNYtv

What seems to be happening with these guys is that Cal comes calling and they end up waiting until the Spring to make their decision. Now obviously, he can't take everybody that we are recruiting but he can screw up the works by keeping these kids on a string and making us wait it out.

@AdamZagoria
Orlando Antigua of UK and Joe Dooley of KU here at Roselle Catholic, but Tyler Roberson tweaked his ankle yesterday and won't be working out

Good timing. Move along fellas.

update:

@AdamZagoria
Tyler Roberson now out doing drills w/ coaches watching

What seems to be happening with these guys is that Cal comes calling and they end up waiting until the Spring to make their decision. Now obviously, he can't take everybody that we are recruiting but he can screw up the works by keeping these kids on a string and making us wait it out.
Agree 100% which is why it's always annoying when Kentucky is involved. I can understand the kids and handlers wanting to wait it out, but it sucks for the schools that have been recruiting the player for the longest to now have to wait it out. Hopefully Roberson doesn't pull a Jermaine Lawrence and waits till the spring to decide.

Briscoe is class of 2015
true, I still think hes the next commit. Have a feeling the UK effect will have Roberson waiting till spring now. kinda liking Rysheed Jordans game, anyone have the latest with him?

true, I still think hes the next commit. Have a feeling the UK effect will have Roberson waiting till spring now. kinda liking Rysheed Jordans game, anyone have the latest with him?
i've heard... maryland?

i feel harrisons are going to UK
Under Armour will go bananas if that happens. They've made too much of an investment already towards the twins to get dissed. But as we know there isn't a price that Cal can't match.

coach-cal-goggles.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom