Types of shots | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Types of shots

What’s strange is that 4 of our 8 rotational players exceed .500 on made 2’s (Brown, Edwards, Bell and Torrence) which is considered exceptional while the 5th, Judah Mintz, is a very good .481 inside the arc. Only Girard and Williams are below .450 and Taylor is below .400 at .395. Odd that our ranking on 2’s is that low.

What’s strange is that 4 of our 8 rotational players exceed .500 on made 2’s (Brown, Edwards, Bell and Torrence) which is considered exceptional while the 5th, Judah Mintz, is a very good .481 inside the arc. Only Girard and Williams are below .450 and Taylor is below .400 at .395. Odd that our ranking on 2’s is that low.
I would love to know what our two point percentage is when Torrance is in the game

I would love to know what our two point percentage is when Torrance is in the game
Torrence is a solid player, but I really don’t think big picture we’d be any better with him. Maybe we win some of the ones we lost with him coming in down the stretch, but we also probably lose some of the ones that we won.

Torrence would be a good PG on a team of studs who just needed someone to give up the ball at the right time and find them. I love the way he runs point, but this team has no studs to find. The PG has to do way more than just handle the ball and find people, unfortunately. Judah going one on one and making tough shots is unfortunately our best play, too many times.

Roll out 25 year old Rautins, 25 year old Wes, Rick, and AO with Joseph off the bench and Torrence is a great option as the starting PG,

we are 65th in 3p% and 336th in 3pa
we are 162nd in 2p% and 26th in 2pa

we are ok at threes, bad at twos, and try to shoot way more twos. oooook

This is probably because we have a point guard takes 11 two point shots per game...

Look at these schools with guards who take that many 2 point shots per game with under 4.5 assists per game

The meltdowns are bad but this is not a good or efficient way to play basketball. Given our lineup, i'd rather have mintz shooting 2s than girard but what i'd really like to see is more shots by everyone else. That requires a point guard, not a combo guard, or a 5'11 small forward
I looked at the ACC stats this morning. SU has taken 300 fewer 3-point shots than its opponents. NCSt continued the trend last night by launching 34.

I looked at the ACC stats this morning. SU has taken 300 fewer 3-point shots than its opponents. NCSt continued the trend last night by launching 34.
can you imagine JBS head exploding if we took the 3s ncst took and missed by so much. And really 2 airballs on the same possession and still scoring is just crazy. Can we send them to Red Ball camp with Bill Russell. It shouldnt be this hard. They took 34 3s and got 16 rebounds.. How many were on the 3s alone. You take away 6-7 of those and we win by 10+. Even 16 seems low since they had like 4-5-6 in the first few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom