Tyus and OB | Syracusefan.com

Tyus and OB

kcsu

Living Legend
Tyus made an excellent decision to return for another year. Its counterintuitive but Franks injury may end up being a blessing in a few ways.
First it forced Tyus into a PG role which i believe has helped him in the eyes of the NBA.
Second, we now have multiple combinations. Frank Tyus Hughes Buddy and yes JC lots of options.
Last point. I hope that OB realizes that he also will benefit from another year on the Hill.

Tyus made an excellent decision to return for another year. Its counterintuitive but Franks injury may end up being a blessing in a few ways.
First it forced Tyus into a PG role which i believe has helped him in the eyes of the NBA.
Second, we now have multiple combinations. Frank Tyus Hughes Buddy and yes JC lots of options.
Last point. I hope that OB realizes that he also will benefit from another year on the Hill.
maybe battle had nothing to lose coming back aside from injury risk but i can't see how this year at SU helped him - his shooting is too bad. hopefully he's getting hot at the right time

I personally think Tyus will end up in the same boat draft wise as he was last year. I don't think he will come back but I don't see an NBA future for him. Let's hope he has a sweet run for us this NCAA.

I'll simply say I'll be very curious to see what Battle ends up doing this offseason. Barring some great workouts in the lead up to the draft, I think he's shaping up to be a late 2nd or undrafted prospect. I don't know if he'll ever improve on that draft stock if he were to return for a senior year, but I don't think it can get much worse either.

I'd say Brissett has zero chance of being drafted this year, but after Malachi went in the first round, I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable declaring a player undraftable.

I'll simply say I'll be very curious to see what Battle ends up doing this offseason. Barring some great workouts in the lead up to the draft, I think he's shaping up to be a late 2nd or undrafted prospect. I don't know if he'll ever improve on that draft stock if he were to return for a senior year, but I don't think it can get much worse either.

I'd say Brissett has zero chance of being drafted this year, but after Malachi went in the first round, I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable declaring a player undraftable.
richardson is tall and shot 39% from 3 and had a great tournament - why the surprise?

richardson is tall and shot 39% from 3 and had a great tournament - why the surprise?

He only shot 35% from 3; the 39% was his 2PT% (not even his FG%, which was just 37%). Only one player in the past 30 years (since these numbers began being tracked) has ever shot as poorly from 2 point range as Malachi while becoming a long-term NBA player. I don't even mean a good NBA player; I mean just surviving in the league beyond 3 or 4 years. The list contains only Malachi, Andrew Harrison, Josh Selby, and Randy Livingston. Livingston is the one guy that had a long-term career; playing for 10 years while averaging a little over 10 minutes per game.

Add on top of that the fact that Malachi didn't do much as a rebounder, defender, or create for others and you had a very poor NBA prospect IMO.

This year, Cam Reddish has been flirting with 40% 2PT% line, but he's shot 49% from 2 point range since the beginning of February, which has lifted him above that threshold for now.