Tyus Battle is one of 10 candidates for the Jerry West Award | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle is one of 10 candidates for the Jerry West Award

I don't know the answer to who is the best, but I bet Allen will be voted into first place.
I hate Duke.

i watched a little of duke /unc. grayson allen must spend as much time in front of a mirror practicing his "i've been fouled" grimaces as he does at the line taking free throws. disgraysful.

There’s no way Allen is winning this award. He’s shooting 34% in conference play. His numbers are worse than anything Cooney put up here this year.

Marcus Foster is twice the player Allen is, kid is nasty. Haven't watched a lot of the rest on the list.

I read expert analysis here that he is not very good and will never be drafted or sniff the NBA.

I think he'll be drafted and think he has a shot to become a 1st round pick, but to be fair, none of the finalists are sure bets to be first rounders and I think Hutchison, Allen, and Battle are currently the only 3 projected to be drafted.

He's certainly going to declare. Question is whether he signs with an agent immediately or navigates his feedback with the chance to return if he doesn't like what he hears.

Seems like at this stage he would be wise to declare and not hire an agent. I still personally won't get ahead of myself about him returning. I think he's gone. But if he comes back...a guy can dream.
Yeah, by all means he should declare without hiring an agent and see what they say.

I think he'll be drafted and think he has a shot to become a 1st round pick, but to be fair, none of the finalists are sure bets to be first rounders and I think Hutchison, Allen, and Battle are currently the only 3 projected to be drafted.
Except Battle isn’t projected to be drafted. Trier is, though.

I agree that he’s got a lot of holes in his game, but I feel like his workouts(a lot like Malachi) are going to be very good. Fingers crossed he’s back, but I’ve become used to any borderline player leaving!

I like Battle. Should he stay one more year and clean all of his small mistakes up, yeah he should. On the other hand he is fast, athletic and long which any team would like. He is a first rounder just might not be this year, that's all.

ESPN has Battle at #47 or 48 and Trier #61.
“This top 100 differs from our mock drafts in one crucial way: The top 100 is an overall ranking of all draft-eligible prospects in the 2018 NBA draft, regardless of whether or not we believe they are likely to enter -- or ultimately stay in -- the draft.

“The mock draft attempts to project which players should or will make themselves eligible in April. And down the road, it will also take into account NBA teams' needs, the draft order and things we've learned about front office tendencies.”

Pretty sure Alkins is rated higher than both Battle and Trier. Not that it matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom