Tyus Battle will return to Syracuse basketball for sophomore season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle will return to Syracuse basketball for sophomore season

In related news, SU to announce new Assistant basketball coach at 4:00 P.M. ;)
If it happened this fast, it's an internal guy. Terrible. Has JB become delusional about the state of our recruiting? We need to bring in a rain maker like he did with Troy Weaver.

If it happened this fast, it's an internal guy. Terrible. Has JB become delusional about the state of our recruiting? We need to bring in a rain maker like he did with Troy Weaver.

I thought it was a joke! I don't see it anywhere else.

images

Id imagine Battle and Thompson will both average close to if not above 20ppg next year. I can see us getting 40-45ppg from those two before they head off to Lottery Land

Is this assistant coach news for real or speculation?

it seems odd with Hopkins presser ay 4 that cuse would hold a presser on a new asistant

Not necessarily true. Don't all AD's and head coaches maintain list of potential replacements if someone departs. If so, it may have taken nothing more than a phone call or more to contact and sign someone.

Id imagine Battle and Thompson will both average close to if not above 20ppg next year. I can see us getting 40-45ppg from those two before they head off to Lottery Land

I think you're overestimating quite a bit but yes they will both need to really score.

I expect 16 and 13, something like that.

Ha. Actually the 80s and 9os. We only had two during that period.

The good old days!
When did they lift the hardship petition requirement for leaving early? Nobody left school before Junior year in the 90s that I can recall. It was either straight out of HS to the pros or 3+ years in college.

Not that I'm complaining, but it's pretty surprising Battle never got much NBA talk outside of this board all season. You'd think an athletic 6'6" kid that shoots it well, can drive and finish and was only a freshman would've been gathering momentum all year. He also got so much better as the season progressed. Glad this was the case.

I expect him to be a star next year. I just hope he gets some help.

Not that I'm complaining, but it's pretty surprising Battle never got much NBA talk outside of this board all season. You'd think an athletic 6'6" kid that shoots it well, can drive and finish and was only a freshman would've been gathering momentum all year. He also got so much better as the season progressed. Glad this was the case.

I expect him to be a star next year. I just hope he gets some help.

Lot's of great talent this draft. Dwyane Bacon from FSU isn't even projected as a first round pick and he's a similar player to Battle.

Lot's of great talent this draft. Dwyane Bacon from FSU isn't even projected as a first round pick and he's a similar player to Battle.
another example of a kid not leaving when he should

I think you're overestimating quite a bit but yes they will both need to really score.

I expect 16 and 13, something like that.

I'm going 19 for Battle and 15 for Thompson...pending roster additions.

Does anyone have trouble with redirects on Syracuse.com links? Every time it opens for 5 secs and redirects to a blank page