Tyus Battle will return to Syracuse basketball for sophomore season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle will return to Syracuse basketball for sophomore season

_8WKqH.gif

the dome ranger. such a great guy. miss having him around.

He brought a lot of energy to the Dome. His enthusiastic reactions to big plays were always a lot of fun to see.

This might have been the most important "recruiting" development of the off-season. Not exaggerating.

100% agreed. I think he's our engine next year on offense. Really excited. I think it totally changes what we can do with our lineups with him running the show.

Next year will be TNT - Tyus 'n Taurean. Both will make one of the All ACC teams.

if the rest of the guys can be competent in their roles and everyone buys into the zone defensive concepts, it will be a very good season. Shut it Down!

Next year will be TNT - Tyus 'n Taurean. Both will make one of the All ACC teams.

if the rest of the guys can be competent in their roles and everyone buys into the zone defensive concepts, it will be a very good season. Shut it Down!
It would be nice if Chukwu at least pretended to realize he's 7-2 while on defense.

When did they lift the hardship petition requirement for leaving early? Nobody left school before Junior year in the 90s that I can recall. It was either straight out of HS to the pros or 3+ years in college.

I consider leaving after your junior year as leaving early.

with him running the show.
not sure if you're being figurative or literal with this, but it does raise the question - how much will we see Tyus as the PG next year?

How is this only four pages. This should be 40 pages. Our best player is returning. Hallelujah!!!

Agreed, though personally I never thought he was leaving and probably many others felt the same way. No inside info, just looking at what makes sense. I think he's for the most part only been mentioned with the NBA by Cuse fans. Not many rumblings at all out there from what I saw.

Also, I think he's a guy who really has a chance for his stock to rise. He doesn't have the feel of a guy who needs to strike while the iron is hot, he has the feel of a guy who is just scratching the surface and who many don't know how good he is yet.

Given the fact it seems there was a discussion, I wonder if we would have had another Malachi situation on our hands if we were still playing right now...

Frankly I'm surprised he didn't bother to even test the waters. Not that I'm complaining. Love the fact that he's so intent on returning to school.

Agreed, though personally I never thought he was leaving and probably many others felt the same way. No inside info, just looking at what makes sense. I think he's for the most part only been mentioned with the NBA by Cuse fans. Not many rumblings at all out there from what I saw.

Also, I think he's a guy who really has a chance for his stock to rise. He doesn't have the feel of a guy who needs to strike while the iron is hot, he has the feel of a guy who is just scratching the surface and who many don't know how good he is yet.
I would have been dismayed, but given our recent history, not surprised. :rolleyes:

TB is the real deal. I thought the game really slowed down for him after he got over the flu, the last ten games or so. His drives were much more effective, which in turn opened up his chances to shoot the three.

TB is the real deal. I thought the game really slowed down for him after he got over the flu, the last ten games or so. His drives were much more effective, which in turn opened up his chances to shoot the three.

Yeah, he had a few really good games before the flu too where he really seemed to be putting it all together. Then the flu wiped him out for 3-4 games. But he finished the year strong.

Remember early in the year he was basically a spot up shooter. Once he got healthy and comfortable he started having the look of a guy who can score in a variety of ways. Those pullups he hit late against Duke were big time. I think he will score a lot of points next year. Would like to see his passing and playmaking skills develop a bit more and see him consistently be a terror defensively. I'm as high on him as any player we've had here in a long time.