Tyus Battle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle

But if NBA scouts really need that to evaluate a guy, they are dumber than I thought. I think Battle is in his last season with us.

If that's the case I hope we stop going after players like him and go after more four year guys because he scored 0 against South Carolina, 2 against Georgetown, 7 against UConn, 8 against St. John's, and 7 against BC.

Those games are the reason we aren't in the tournament. If a guy isn't going to give you good production, it isn't worth going after 1 and dones.

Some people play it safe and say wait until next year to see.

I'm telling you how it is.

If that's the case I hope we stop going after players like him and go after more four year guys because he scored 0 against South Carolina, 2 against Georgetown, 7 against UConn, 8 against St. John's, and 7 against BC.

Those games are the reason we aren't in the tournament. If a guy isn't going to give you good production, it isn't worth going after 1 and dones.
I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

Like Waiters and Flynn...I truly think Battle does have the potential to make a huge rise in NBA draft stock as a sophomore. This isn't a "if you get a crack at the first round you gotta go because it may never happen again" type guy in my opinion. This is a guy that has barely scratched the surface and people don't realize how good he can be.

He's the best two guard prospect we've had in my time as a fan, in my opinion.

Well said. He isn't Ennis where he needs to jump while the iron is hot. He can only rise. It is his team next year. He stays, and I'd be surprised if he isn't in the lottery. Absolutely perfect SG for the NBA.

The only bright side to missing the tourney is getting Tyus for another year.

The only bright side to missing the tourney is getting Tyus for another year.

Never know. We could have lost the 1st game in the Tourney. Now, he could go off as we win the NIT.

I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm openly questioning our recruiting strategy. I like Battle. He's a good player, but we've gone after a lot of guys we haven't reaped rewards on over the past five years. I'm kind of over it. Especially when Nova has won with four year guys and Duke/UNC are getting guys back each year that dominate us.

He's a beast. I won't make that leap just yet. Hoping he stays. He would be top 25 on my list already. I would take him in the lottery, honestly. Luckily, I'm not a scout, but I should be. Hah.
Most guys can never get to the hoop like he can now. Let's just hope he stays.

Why are we in the NIT?

Because NCAA wanted the storyline for us to play Greensboro.

I think the NCAA committee should have took the storm into consideration. If WF, USC, or Kansas State were in the NITs instead of us they wouldnt have had a game postponed lmao.

He said this before, when they asked.

These people always gotta try to create a story. They gonna ask him after every game now?

Might be a blessing we are not in tourney. He is playing a lot better rn and we wouldnt want a Malachi type run from him in tourney and lose him

Dude goes off against UNCG and now he's the best player since Melo. This type of overreaction is becoming endemic here. Chukwu has a decent five minutes and he's the next Rudy Gobert. Just stop with this already. Perspective is a beautiful thing. It will serve you well in all arenas of life.

What's weird is the last two years arguably the two best players in college basketball haven't made the tournament.

I think the comparison statement about Melo is beyond ridiculous. I could see him being drafted rather high next year for sure but we have had guys drafted high since Melo as well.

To me if he continues to elevate I could see him being a lottery pick next year. Not as much talent next year.

I like that he can score in so many different ways. Hitting threes, driving, mid range, taking it to the basket. Needs to get a little stronger, needs to show more shooting consistency.

Offense should be structured around him next year, so the only way I don't see him taking a huge leap in terms of production would be if he gets injured.

Sky's the limit with a veratile talent like this. He's a more athletic Gbinije. Could and should be a high lottery pick next season--there aren't too many 6-7 shooting guards, and this guy has NBA written all over him.

Dude goes off against UNCG and now he's the best player since Melo. This type of overreaction is becoming endemic here. Chukwu has a decent five minutes and he's the next Rudy Gobert. Just stop with this already. Perspective is a beautiful thing. It will serve you well in all arenas of life.

You need some perspective if you think this is based off a single game.

I think Tyus will be back, but he'd dumb not to go to the combine and get evaluated. Any player w/ legitimate NBA potential and aspirations would be dumb not to do so.

I like that he can score in so many different ways. Hitting threes, driving, mid range, taking it to the basket. Needs to get a little stronger, needs to show more shooting consistency.

Offense should be structured around him next year, so the only way I don't see him taking a huge leap in terms of production would be if he gets injured.

Sky's the limit with a veratile talent like this. He's a more athletic Gbinije. Could and should be a high lottery pick next season--there aren't too many 6-7 shooting guards, and this guy has NBA written all over him.

And much more skilled. Gbinije couldn't attack the rim in the open court like Battle even as a fifth-year player.

I will say that the release on Battle's jumper remains funky and I wonder if his good shooting percentage is fool's gold (since he's kept it up all year, maybe he's just a good shooter). And he often seems lethargic on defense. But he's skilled, quick, and is an excellent finisher and savvy driver. Hope we get the chance to see great things from him next season.

And much more skilled. Gbinije couldn't attack the rim in the open court like Battle even as a fifth-year player.

I will say that the release on Battle's jumper remains funky and I wonder if his good shooting percentage is fool's gold (since he's kept it up all year, maybe he's just a good shooter). And he often seems lethargic on defense. But he's skilled, quick, and is an excellent finisher and savvy driver. Hope we get the chance to see great things from him next season.
Tyus has potential to be an elite on-the-ball defender. I think the zone limits him a little and contributes to his lethargy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom