Tyus & Frank to Represent SU at ACC Media Day | Syracusefan.com

Tyus & Frank to Represent SU at ACC Media Day

iommi

Living Legend
JB putting a lot of faith in Frank Howard here. Tyus will be great. Frank has never seemed too comfortable in a public speaking role but the choices were slim. Not going to pick a new player like Thorpe and there are no seniors.

JB putting a lot of faith in Frank Howard here. Tyus will be great. Frank has never seemed too comfortable in a public speaking role but the choices were slim. Not going to pick a new player like Thorpe and there are no seniors.

Frank needs to put his big boy pants on and turn his thing around

I think JB sending him to this speaks to how much support and faith he's thrown behind Frank. Maybe it also speaks to some newfound maturity by FH too? I don't know but you'd think maybe the staff has seen Frank make some strides.

I think JB sending him to this speaks to how much support and faith he's thrown behind Frank. Maybe it also speaks to some newfound maturity by FH too? I don't know but you'd think maybe the staff has seen Frank make some strides.
I thought the same exact thing.

Again, he’ll have every opportunity to prove a lot of doubters & naysayers wrong. He will either be the biggest and most pleasant surprise this season, or confirm once and for all his huge bust status.
I think (hope) he’ll be up to the task.

Absolutely but we are not going to send a freshman.

Not to pick on you, but why are we calling him a freshman? He's been here a year, so I guess a red-shirt freshman is the appropriate term.

Conversely - what would it say if JB did NOT send Frank to this??
He's literally the oldest, most experienced player on the team now.

Even if Matty Nice is likely a much better candidate for this sorta thing, as a media darling (and rightfully so), I think JB was very cognizant of the "bad optics" that leaving his most veteran player at home might cause.

Not to pick on you, but why are we calling him a freshman? He's been here a year, so I guess a red-shirt freshman is the appropriate term.

Well, he is a freshman athletically. He's never played a real game at SU, so it would be odd to use him in this capacity, and I'm thinking that's why JB didn't. A guy who has never played a game, answering a question like how this team will be different from last year's, for example, would be odd. Obviously, considering how great Matt would be in a spot like this, JB thinks so too.

Conversely - what would it say if JB did NOT send Frank to this??
He's literally the oldest, most experienced player on the team now.

Even if Matty Nice is likely a much better candidate for this sorta thing, as a media darling (and rightfully so), I think JB was very cognizant of the "bad optics" that leaving his most veteran player at home might cause.

Exactly. Have to send Tyus. He's the star and this will almost definitely by his last opportunity to do this. Not sending Frank, in lieu of Matt would also send a message to Frank that JB has no faith in him.

Doesn’t SU just send the oldest guys in the program? The ones with the most experience? Roberson went last year. He was uncomfortable it seemed in that role and doesn’t exactly have the gift of gab. Not saying he isn’t well spoken either.

We have had so many new pieces/transfers lately. I think SU sends Syracuse players to media day. Not necessarily newbies and transfers. I think it is more of a ‘by default’ issue that Frank is going and not necessarily ‘he has turned it around’ or ‘renewed faith in him.’ I could be wrong.

Doesn’t SU just send the oldest guys in the program? The ones with the most experience? Roberson went last year. He was uncomfortable it seemed in that role and doesn’t exactly have the gift of gab. Not saying he isn’t well spoken either.

We have had so many new pieces/transfers lately. I think SU sends Syracuse players to media day. Not necessarily newbies and transfers. I think it is more of a ‘by default’ issue that Frank is going and not necessarily ‘he has turned it around’ or ‘renewed faith in him.’ I could be wrong.

They lean on upperclassmen but Chukwu has been in the program two years and he's not going, though obviously he's a unique case. They could've decided not to send Frank, regardless. Good point though.

They lean on upperclassmen but Chukwu has been in the program two years and he's not going, though obviously he's a unique case. They could've decided not to send Frank, regardless. Good point though.

Yeah. I hear ya. Gotta be by default. Moyer hasn’t really played. Chukwu same thing. Frank and Tyus are the only ones with some actual important minutes logged.

Yeah. I hear ya. Gotta be by default. Moyer hasn’t really played. Chukwu same thing. Frank and Tyus are the only ones with some actual important minutes logged.

I also think there could be a language barrier with PC.

IMG_1191.PNG

Well, in fairness -- now UNC players actually have to GO to class.
Ha...Too bad the professors says to them " Who are you again" and " you know classes started a month ago".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom