U of B | Syracusefan.com

U of B

Dnyr85

Starter
With the BE talking about staying put and rebuilding it's brand, will they be in a position to take on anyone just to survive, say like Buffalo? I know they are not the ideal school to have come in a make a conference stronger, but was just wondering if they get a look now.

NO!

If the Bills announced leaving then Yes.

Ofcourse, we like to see them stay in the MAC forever.

It's U at B and I don't see them or any of the other MAC schools jumping on the Titanic. Several had a chance to go to C-USA during the last big shuffle and turned them down. The MAC is what it is, but it's perfect for what it is.

UB
-After splitting the state % of the pie w the other 3 SUNY Centers,
funds are not there for capital projects needed to move up.
-The business model of the MAC works well for all involved. Cant see anyone in MAC except UMass having bigger goals.

I suppose people have been forgetting about Temple. Maybe they make a return to the BE football -- over the objections of 'Nova.

I suppose people have been forgetting about Temple. Maybe they make a return to the BE football -- over the objections of 'Nova.
Theyve got a coach thats kept life in that program. I wouldnt be surprised if they add Temple, Navy, ECU asap

I think Temple will be a school of choice for the "New" BE. Honestly can't see 'Nova getting chance to join.

At one time, back in the Bill Greiner presidency era of UB sports and their "Run to Division One", Bill prophesized that UB would some day be a Big East team. He pointed out that until 1970 (or so) UB regularly played Rutgers, WV, Syracuse, and stated his goal was to rejoin Eastern football. A couple years ago, the UB alumni magazine ran an article about their AD, Warde Manuel, and his success in advancing the program, and made reference to how if football (and all sports) hadn't been downgraded in the 70s, UB might very well be in the Big East. Doubtful, but whatever. Anyway, they may just get their wish, but in a manner far removed from their original goal.

UB fits the MAC profile except it's an Eastern state school, even if Buffalo sometimes thinks it's a midwestern city.

At one time, back in the Bill Greiner presidency era of UB sports and their "Run to Division One", Bill prophesized that UB would some day be a Big East team. He pointed out that until 1970 (or so) UB regularly played Rutgers, WV, Syracuse, and stated his goal was to rejoin Eastern football. A couple years ago, the UB alumni magazine ran an article about their AD, Warde Manuel, and his success in advancing the program, and made reference to how if football (and all sports) hadn't been downgraded in the 70s, UB might very well be in the Big East. Doubtful, but whatever. Anyway, they may just get their wish, but in a manner far removed from their original goal.

UB fits the MAC profile except it's an Eastern state school, even if Buffalo sometimes thinks it's a midwestern city.

1. Buffalo is a midwestern city.

2. UB didn't play SU regularly. The last time before 2000 they played was 1899. UB mostly played teams that currently are FCS, bottom of FBS or have dropped football entirely.

3. I know UB said those things. That's because no one would have gotten excited about "We're going to join the MAC." Back then, people in Buffalo thought "the mack" = The MAAC.

With the BE talking about staying put and rebuilding it's brand, will they be in a position to take on anyone just to survive, say like Buffalo? I know they are not the ideal school to have come in a make a conference stronger, but was just wondering if they get a look now.
No.

1. Buffalo is a midwestern city.

2. UB didn't play SU regularly. The last time before 2000 they played was 1899. UB mostly played teams that currently are FCS, bottom of FBS or have dropped football entirely.

3. I know UB said those things. That's because no one would have gotten excited about "We're going to join the MAC." Back then, people in Buffalo thought "the mack" = The MAAC.

Well compared to the Mid Con, the MAC was like getting a Big 10 invite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom