U19 World Games | Syracusefan.com

U19 World Games

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
Hello from the home of the Moomin dont know what a Moomin is, its a strange Finnish Cartoon that used to be on TV when I was a kid and they are everywhere over here including Moomin world!! anyway back to the Lax - the Tournament has been fantastic so far and yesterday was a historic day with Canda beating USA for the first time at this level and in fact the first game USA has ever lost in the U19 Tournament since its inception in 1992!

The day started watching my son play for England in a huge rivalry game with Australia, England came out winners 10-9 in a great game, making their head to head record at U19's winning 3 out of the 4 games over 4 Tournaments.

The iroquois look very strong also and are contenders fro the Gold and we will learn more after Todays game with Canada, with USA playing 4th placed England tonight!

The talent on display is very good in the top division and their are a number of NCAA players spread across the teams.

Johnny Powless, Ky Tarbell and Lyle Thompson performed amazingly well so far for the iroquois and id still like Cuse to try and grab Trabell before Albany do or already have.

A lot of the Canadians have already been picked up by US colleges but #15 a lefty attackman Turner Evans from Peterborough caught my eye, its funny to say and is usually the opposite but the Candian team looked bigger and stronger than the US, the game was a treat to watch and the skil level off the charts! Also for all you US fans I heard that US where holding back last night and didnt want to show too much. I think its possible for the Iroquois to contend for Gold this and think there maybe more twists to this story before the end.

Ill try and check back in when I can and give you guys the heads up but if anyone has any questions let me know. You can watch all the games live online if your interested.

I should have more on the Iroquois after today as I spent most of thir Game against England with my head in my hands, their skills far exceeded the England lads as you can imagine and some of the goals where a treat to watch (if it hadnt been against my own nation) including a diving around the world that stung the bottom corner to give our keeper no chance!

Oh and a beer in Finland is around 7 pounds which would be around 10 dollars! at that price you do learn to appeciate them more!!!

Hello from the home of the Moomin dont know what a Moomin is, its a strange Finnish Cartoon that used to be on TV when I was a kid and they are everywhere over here including Moomin world!! anyway back to the Lax - the Tournament has been fantastic so far and yesterday was a historic day with Canda beating USA for the first time at this level and in fact the first game USA has ever lost in the U19 Tournament since its inception in 1992!

The day started watching my son play for England in a huge rivalry game with Australia, England came out winners 10-9 in a great game, making their head to head record at U19's winning 3 out of the 4 games over 4 Tournaments.

The iroquois look very strong also and are contenders fro the Gold and we will learn more after Todays game with Canada, with USA playing 4th placed England tonight!

The talent on display is very good in the top division and their are a number of NCAA players spread across the teams.

Johnny Powless, Ky Tarbell and Lyle Thompson performed amazingly well so far for the iroquois and id still like Cuse to try and grab Trabell before Albany do or already have.

A lot of the Canadians have already been picked up by US colleges but #15 a lefty attackman Turner Evans from Peterborough caught my eye, its funny to say and is usually the opposite but the Candian team looked bigger and stronger than the US, the game was a treat to watch and the skil level off the charts! Also for all you US fans I heard that US where holding back last night and didnt want to show too much. I think its possible for the Iroquois to contend for Gold this and think there maybe more twists to this story before the end.

Ill try and check back in when I can and give you guys the heads up but if anyone has any questions let me know. You can watch all the games live online if your interested.

I should have more on the Iroquois after today as I spent most of thir Game against England with my head in my hands, their skills far exceeded the England lads as you can imagine and some of the goals where a treat to watch (if it hadnt been against my own nation) including a diving around the world that stung the bottom corner to give our keeper no chance!

Oh and a beer in Finland is around 7 pounds which would be around 10 dollars! at that price you do learn to appeciate them more!!!

Thanks for the update. Finland is a beautiful country, but wicked expensive.

Enjoy the tournament and please keep the updates coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom