UCANT or Gtown still... ?? | Syracusefan.com

UCANT or Gtown still... ??

jordville

Living Legend

Side note.. SU has been gone for what 7 years now? And this B.E. still lists us as 2 members rival.

Last edited:

Side note.. SU has been gone for what 7 years now? And this B.E. still lists us as 2 members rival.
Who is Villanova’s rival supposed to be? Ohio State? Is that supposed to be Temple?

I have never followed this conference.

Last edited:
Who is Villanova’s rival supposed to be? Ohio State? Is that supposed to be Temple?
I don’t follow this conference.
Me either. I was thinking Temple. Don't think they have gray in their uni, but we aren't supposed to either...

haha, more than half of these teams' biggest rivals are OOC.

But that Depaul-Marquette rivalry is FIRE

I have never followed this conference.
I think they have St. John’s and Villanova as rivals

Me either. I was thinking Temple. Don't think they have gray in their uni, but we aren't supposed to either...
It’s St. Joseph’s colors.
St. Joe’s-Villanova rivalry is like Hobart and Syracuse lacrosse rivalry it’s one sided.

It’s St. Joseph’s colors.
St. Joe’s-Villanova rivalry is like Hobart and Syracuse lacrosse rivalry it’s one sided.
Would a Nova fan consider St Joe’s their top rival? I seriously doubt it. I doubt they are in Nova’s top 3 or 4. I would think it would be Georgetown, St Johns, Syracuse, Temple, UConn. Maybe they get the next slot.

Any Nova fans willing to comment?

Would a Nova fan consider St Joe’s their top rival? I seriously doubt it. I doubt they are in Nova’s top 3 or 4. I would think it would be Georgetown, St Johns, Syracuse, Temple, UConn. Maybe they get the next slot.

Nova fans spend a good amount of
Energy mocking St. Joe’s(PA)

They are rivals. They probably consider Georgetown a rivalry but Syracuse is Georgetown’s primary rival.

St. John’s again doesn’t consider Nova their primary rival. Temple is definitely not Close to St. Joe’s.

Nova fans treat St. Joe’s like a little brother like SU does Hobart in Lacrosse but it’s a rivalry.

Nova fans spend a good amount of
Energy mocking St. Joe’s(PA)

They are rivals. They probably consider Georgetown a rivalry but Syracuse is Georgetown’s primary rival.

St. John’s again doesn’t consider Nova their primary rival. Temple is definitely not Close to St. Joe’s.

Nova fans treat St. Joe’s like a little brother like SU does Hobart in Lacrosse but it’s a rivalry.

This boards spends a lot energy mocking Rutgers but we don't consider them rivals.

This boards spends a lot energy mocking Rutgers but we don't consider them rivals.
This statement doesn’t make anything I said less true.

Syracuse-Hobart have a lacrosse rivalry even though it’s one sided.
St. Joseph’s(PA)-Villanova played numerous times on ESPN when they used to do rivalry week.
Nova is significantly better program.

Not a fan (quite the opposite) but I've lived near both schools for over 20 years. They have hate and it has some history. The rivalry helped make the Palestra what it was. They call their annual Big Five game the Holy War. Villanova has, as pointed out, dominated the series with the exception of the mid 50's - early 60's (early Big Five years).

I miss the Big East. ACC isn’t our thing

Ye$ it is.

Per$pective. A$k tho$e lo$er$ from uconn what it'$ like to be on the out$ide looking in.

The ACC was a fffffing god$end. It make$ me $ick to think how we u$ed to $ell home football game$ to cover the co$t$ of the rest of the athletic department.

Last edited:
I miss my first girlfriend, sometimes, but would I trade my wife in for her? Hell no!
She was good for that time, but my wife is the one for the long haul, the one that I knew I'd grow and prosper with. You always remember the 1st one with nostalgia, but my wife was always the keeper. Capiche?

Ye$ it is.

Per$pective. A$k tho$e lo$er$ from uconn what it'$ like to be on the out$ide looking in.

The ACC was a fffffing god$end. It make$ me $ick to think how we u$ed to $ell home football game$ to cover the co$t$ of the rest of the athletic department.
We can understand the reasons for the move and still miss the old days. I miss the Big East too, but I wouldn't change our current placement in the current climate even though it doesn't feel like home.

I miss my first girlfriend, sometimes, but would I trade my wife in for her? Hell no!
She was good for that time, but my wife is the one for the long haul, the one that I knew I'd grow and prosper with. You always remember the 1st one with nostalgia, but my wife was always the keeper. Capiche?
I hope your wife wasn't the obvious logical choice while your heart still belonged to your girlfriend.

I hope your wife wasn't the obvious logical choice while your heart still belonged to your girlfriend.
No way. My ex stands out cause she was the 1st, and we all remember our 1st “real” gf/bf. But wifey checked all the boxes, that’s why she’s the wife.

No way. My ex stands out cause she was the 1st, and we all remember our 1st “real” gf/bf. But wifey checked all the boxes, that’s why she’s the wife.
Right. Hence my question. The ACC doesn't check all the boxes, just the one that is most important to our survival. We are the widowed woman with a couple kids in medieval times that found the rich man looking for a wife. We knew we had to marry him for the life of the kids, even if we'll probably never love him.

Right. Hence my question. The ACC doesn't check all the boxes, just the one that is most important to our survival. We are the widowed woman with a couple kids in medieval times that found the rich man looking for a wife. We knew we had to marry him for the life of the kids, even if we'll probably never love him.
No, we’re more like the maiden who grows up dating the stable masters kid, but eventually gets a proposal from the nobleman who lives in another town. If the peasant kid had better prospects, maybe she sticks around. But the noble allows her to upgrade while also learning about the world and fulfilling her own potential, which would’ve never happened if she’d stayed in that town married to the peasant.

PS- We are still talking about Syracuse Basketball, right? For a second I felt trapped in a Hallmark Channel/romance novel vortex.:confused:

Last edited:
The Orange could win the conference and still not fit in in the ACC.
There only because of football $.
Some great basketball programs.
It's nice to beat Duke and Carolina.
But do we really care about any of them?

That's why - for basketball's sake - the old BE rivalries are important.
Keep hate alive!
I LOOOOAAAATHE G-town!
GO Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors