UCF vs Rutgers tomorrow ( William Stanback) | Syracusefan.com

UCF vs Rutgers tomorrow ( William Stanback)

money3189

Living Legend
I think watching Stanback play tomorrow night is going to bother me. Not saying we missed the boat and I don't know if he will be a stud throughout his career. But I do wonder if we should have brought him in after losing Gus.

Yeah he's nice. Brought him in for an official visit to. We should've offered him.

Yep. The guy is a beast. Wouldn't have played this year - but what a talented logjam.

I heard a tv announcer say that he was all set to go to syracuse until Marrone left. What is the story? You seem to be implying that we didn't offer? Did Shafer pull the offer that Marrone had out there? Hard to believe that. I'm guessing he just got cold feet about the new staff and went somewhere more comfortable.

Florange44

I heard a tv announcer say that he was all set to go to syracuse until Marrone left. What is the story? You seem to be implying that we didn't offer? Did Shafer pull the offer that Marrone had out there? Hard to believe that. I'm guessing he just got cold feet about the new staff and went somewhere more comfortable.

Florange44
Wasn't aware of that. He was definitely offered by SU?

He was not offered to my knowledge. And his official visit was after Marrone left, it was late jan.

As far as logjam, watch the video and tell me what you think of his special teams hit. He could also have a career playing linebacker.

I watched him play when he was a freshman in HS at Uniondale in Long Island. I was immediately impressed. Hadn't bothered to check up on him until I saw UCF highlights. He's really good. Would have been a playmaker at SU.

I think watching Stanback play tomorrow night is going to bother me. Not saying we missed the boat and I don't know if he will be a stud throughout his career. But I do wonder if we should have brought him in after losing Gus.

Always sad to see a player from NY go out of state and do well. At least this time it was at a position we have some talent at.

I found an article from early this year about oleary and his prowess in Long Island, where a Long Island coach said marrone brought stain back into his camp and was very interested, but when he left, the Interestwaned. Good article btw talks a lot about SU and its Long Island history.

Is Stanback evidence that some northern kids are college ready right away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom