UConn Beat Writer Says UConn Looking to Schedule SU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Beat Writer Says UConn Looking to Schedule SU

Yes but if you didn't sign him out of highschool then you never won a recruiting battle for him.

Right. But he will play for UCONN right?

So, if your point is that Purvis will help us "win" on the recruiting web sites, you nailed it. We won't win on scout or 24/7.

But, can you atleast admit, a talent like his will help us win on the court? I actually value that contribution more :)

So, if your point is that Purvis will help us "win" on the recruiting web sites, you nailed it. We won't win on scout or 24/7.

But, can you atleast admit, a talent like his will help us win on the court? I actually value that contribution more :)

Idk if it was asked yet, but do you want to schedule something with SU?? I saw the thread on your board, but only once and can't remember if you said what you think...

My point is that Purvis is someone elses recruit and fell (falling indicating a downward movement) to you guys because it didn't work out. Transfer recruiting is much different than kids coming out of highschool we all know that. If you recruit transfers and Juco's every season to bolster your team because you cannot consistantly land top recruits then you are not a top recruiting team.

BTW you shouldn't need Purvis to help you win on the court . . . . . have you looked at your conference schedule? Your all set bro.

Ok guys. Let's just give it up.

A conference slate that features Duke, North Carolina, (soon to be) Louisville, Pitt, Notre Dame, Virginia, etc does not stand a candle to uconn's Memphis, Cincinnati, Temple, Houston, SMU, etc.

uconn has three championships. Syracuse only has one. Just like Eli Manning is waaaaaaay better than Peyton because he has more championships.

We all know that college basketball before 1990 does not count. It should be wiped from all the record books. Same thing with the past 2 years. The NCAA clearly had it out for Saint Calhoun.

And Kevin Ollie played in the pros. Did you guys even know that???

My point is that Purvis is someone elses recruit and fell (falling indicating a downward movement) to you guys because it didn't work out. Transfer recruiting is much different than kids coming out of highschool we all know that. If you recruit transfers and Juco's every season to bolster your team because you cannot consistantly land top recruits then you are not a top recruiting team.

Ok. That's your scouting report on Purvis. Jim Calhoun's been watching him every day and said this on Wednesday "“He’ll be in the NBA within 2 years. He’s the most talented, a Ben Gordon/Rip Hamilton-like player. He can dunk, run full speed up the floor and stop and shoot”."

I guess, it will come down to who has seen him more - you or Calhoun - AND maybe more importantly, who is a better judge of talent, you or Calhoun.

I admit, I am definitely taking Calhoun's opinion over yours, but, who knows for sure???

why didn't you bother to comment on all of Ollie's recruiting whiffs over the past few months?

why didn't you bother to comment on all of Ollie's recruiting whiffs over the past few months?

Because its irrelevant. What counts is coming in to play.

I will say this - Ollie has been involved with more players than Calhoun ever was despite coming off a post-season ban and severre restrictions about what he could do.

So far, Ollie is bringing talent at a Calhoun-Boeheim level (only in terms of on-the-court, not on-the-web-site as you guys have proved) with a great handicap.

Let's see what happens with the players he's bringing for MM and will be able to stay in contact with all year.

Not to hi-jack...but gold from the BY:

uconnbill Popular Poster
Message Count:
Who cares what the Cuse fans think as they can be a high rated team again this year and get bumped out the NCAA early on once again

GREAT POINT. It's been a whole six months since we were a final four team, and EIGHTEEN MONTHS since a shorthanded Cuse team went to the elite eight.

sure didn't seem irrelevant to all of the concerned posters on the boneryard that were poo-pooed by the deluded kool-aid drinkers.
so it's irrelevant that Ollie desperately wanted good-not-great players like Larrier, Kasango, Abu, Colson but whiffed on them all, huh?

Because its irrelevant. What counts is coming in to play.

I will say this - Ollie has been involved with more players than Calhoun ever was despite coming off a post-season ban and severre restrictions about what he could do.

So far, Ollie is bringing talent at a Calhoun-Boeheim level (only in terms of on-the-court, not on-the-web-site as you guys have proved) with a great handicap.

Let's see what happens with the players he's bringing for MM and will be able to stay in contact with all year.
What on the court are you referring to? You've been a middle of the pack team in the Old BE... where are all these games you seem to think you've won under Ollie? Your talent level has trailed off... if you can't admit that you're beyond help. You can hope to maintain this very solid mid-major level... but to claim you've recruited at JC or JB levels recently is just intellectually dishonest.

sure didn't seem irrelevant to all of the concerned posters on the boneryard that were poo-pooed by the deluded kool-aid drinkers.
so it's irrelevant that Ollie desperately wanted good-not-great players like Larrier, Kasango, Abu, Colson but whiffed on them all, huh?

Right. It only matters who is on the court when they start playing games.

Right. And if you claim you are putting the players on the court that Ollie really wanted to be on the court you're in utter denial.

What on the court are you referring to? You've been a middle of the pack team in the Old BE... where are all these games you seem to think you've won under Ollie? Your talent level has trailed off... if you can't admit that you're beyond help. You can hope to maintain this very solid mid-major level... but to claim you've recruited at JC or JB levels recently is just intellectually dishonest.

You guys went 11-7 in the BE last year and UCONN went 10-8 and beat you head up.

So, if you are willing to say that you were a middle of the pack, mid-major type team last year, I will say the same.

Ok. That's your scouting report on Purvis. Jim Calhoun's been watching him every day and said this on Wednesday "“He’ll be in the NBA within 2 years. He’s the most talented, a Ben Gordon/Rip Hamilton-like player. He can dunk, run full speed up the floor and stop and shoot”."

I guess, it will come down to who has seen him more - you or Calhoun - AND maybe more importantly, who is a better judge of talent, you or Calhoun.

I admit, I am definitely taking Calhoun's opinion over yours, but, who knows for sure???

I said nothing about Purvis's tallent level. Maybe try some reading what I posted.

Can Admins please lock this up we get it. You are a UConn idealist fan and are expected to be a homer for your team and we are homers for Syracuse. Please STOP IT WE GET IT. My goodness, UConn will be a fringe top 20 team this year and when you lose Louisville the conference will be Cincinnati, Temple, Memphis which is basically the same level as what the Atlantic 10 was with Temple, Xavier, Dayton, St. Louis good luck in AAC and be gone.

You guys went 11-7 in the BE last year and UCONN went 10-8 and beat you head up.

So, if you are willing to say that you were a middle of the pack, mid-major type team last year, I will say the same.

At your house, in a game your players treated like the superbowl because it was the closest thing they could get to a tournament win.

The year before that you lost to Iowa State as an 8 seed, and three years before that you missed the tourney (again).

In between you caught fire after going 9-9 in the Big East. Literally the definiition of mediocrity.

Umm Final Four last season. Where did you wind up again?

Absolutely we had a down year last year. Compared to the couple years before that it was a down year. The differences of course were that we went on to the final four in that down year and that last year was a continuation of a downward trend for UConn.

Right. And if you claim you are putting the players on the court that Ollie really wanted to be on the court you're in utter denial.

Wow. Calhoun never got the guys he wanted. Ben Gordon wanted to go to Duke. We only got Okafor because Calhoun whiffed on 3 others. Caron Butler didn't count in our web-site rankings either. Ray Allen wasn't good enough for the ACC teams that passed on him. Doron Sheffer & Henefeld had to come from over seas because Calhoun couldn't get players that good in the US.

Calhoun lost on so many players, its unreal. So many players he got, UCONN was the second or third or fourth choices. Travis Best turned UCONN down, so Calhoun got Kevin Ollie. The list goes on and on and on.

Yes, it only matters who plays (unless you're a Rutgers Football fan, then winning Feb is EVERYTHING)

Wow. Calhoun never got the guys he wanted. Ben Gordon wanted to go to Duke. We only got Okafor because Calhoun whiffed on 3 others. Caron Butler didn't count in our web-site rankings either. Ray Allen wasn't good enough for the ACC teams that passed on him. Doron Sheffer & Henefeld had to come from over seas because Calhoun couldn't get players that good in the US.

Calhoun lost on so many players, its unreal. So many players he got, UCONN was the second or third or fourth choices. Travis Best turned UCONN down, so Calhoun got Kevin Ollie. The list goes on and on and on.

Yes, it only matters who plays (unless you're a Rutgers Football fan, then winning Feb is EVERYTHING)
And who plays got you WHAT record the last two years? See if you don't win AND you don't recruit... theres not a lot for you to stand on.

Umm Final Four last season. Where did you wind up again?

Ok. So, we can count your FF season with a 14 BE wins as elite, but we can't count a UCONN season with 15 BE wins and a NC as elite?

I'll take who we have playing now and in the future plus who we are playing against over what you guys have going on now and in the future. AS would any sane knowledgible Bball fan. You guys are still trying to get out of the cnference your stuck in you know.

Ok. So, we can count your FF season with a 14 BE wins as elite, but we can't count a UCONN season with 15 BE wins and a NC as elite?

Who has the best record in the BE going back say the last 5 years or so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom