UConn CYA Later | Syracusefan.com

UConn CYA Later

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
We are moving to better things, you are stuck in the SunBeast/C7/MAC whatever UFN

Maybe we'll play again on a regular basis, maybe not...

Hard to feel sorry for you though reading your board and hearing stories and experiencing firsthand the UConn way at the Rent/Gampel/XL.

It has been a great rivalry but good bye and enjoy.

I dont blame them for getting excited. They know that they have been dealt a sh it sandwich and eventually this warm and fuzzy feeling will wear off especially when the BET starts and they are home puling on their puds. Then next season when they are playing the likes of Houston and SMU and we host Duke in gameday their thought process will change.

I also get a kick out of the Kevin Ollie lovefest. The guy can coach and I think he will ultimately be a good hire. They slaughtered this guy at times this year and now he all of a sudden is John Wooden because they beat us.

I ate a lot of crow last night but it still doesnt change my attitude towards them

We are moving to better things, you are stuck in the SunBeast/C7/MAC whatever UFN

Hard to feel sorry for you though reading your board and hearing stories and experiencing firsthand the UConn way at the Rent/Gampel/XL.

I have to say, I was disappointed to see their reaction to the win. They should thank us for the opportunity to showcase their team, rather than reveling in victory. They should be mindful of the fact that Syracuse was the train that they hitched their buggy to so long ago. I fear for their sake that while we’re shining out three national title trophies (along with many more to come), they have been left behind to toil in obscurity, their trophy case full of only cobwebs and dead dreams. Their energetic, but woefully untalented bunch stole one from us, that's true, but that has more to do with our lackadaisical effort than anything else. We need to learn that winning never comes easy, even when you’re the best.

That being said, it's been a good, spirited series, and even though UConn's program never amounted to much, they were, at times, the scrappy little brother who brought out the best in us; a solid test during the regular season before we inevitably moved on to greater challenges and glories in March.

That being said, it's been a good, spirited series, and even though UConn's program never amounted to much, they were, at times, the scrappy little brother who brought out the best in us; a solid test during the regular season before we inevitably moved on to greater challenges and glories in March.

Huh?

Huh?

Ignore most of the posts here. Many here are blinded by hatred, as is often the case between sports fans.

That being said,

. And I say that from purely a hilarious standpoint. Nice execution last night.

There goes the smidgeon of credibility you had.

There goes the smidgeon of credibility you had.

The Connecticut Agricultural College had its main milking barn on the exact site of Gampell Pavillion at the same time we were winning Helms titles, bathing ouselves in glory. True story. Learn your history. It will be your greatest ally in debates with opposing fans. Or you can go back to your habitual use of a vulgur term and "UConn". I, for one, will take the highroad every time.

I still don't get the ESPN "feelgood" story mentality last night of the team with "nothing to play for but themselves". Yeah, we should all root for the team on ACADEMIC PROBATION! Please. All hearts, no brains. What lesson are we teaching here?

The Connecticut Agricultural College had its main milking barn on the exact site of Gampell Pavillion at the same time we were winning Helms titles, bathing ouselves in glory. True story. Learn your history. It will be your greatest ally in debates with opposing fans. Or you can go back to your habitual use of a vulgur term and "UConn". I, for one, will take the highroad every time.

The %#&! are you talking about?

What the heck are you talking about?

Ignore most of the posts here. Many here are blinded by hatred, as is often the case between sports fans.

That being said,

. And I say that from purely a hilarious standpoint. Nice execution last night.

I'm sorry. I just read his posting history and realized he's the same guy that said Boatright and Napier couldn't even walk-on at Syracuse. I had no intention of responding to any of the hundreds of Uconn posts, but his was the single dumbest one I saw. Just couldn't help myself.

The %#&! are you talking about?

I'm talking about you being part of the "" brigade, while I'm taking the time to point out how Syracuse's history and accomplishments stack up to UConn's. It's a lesson I'm quite qualified to teach, since I've first-hand been around for quite a bit of it. Sports go back farther than the advent of ESPN Sportsshow and dunk highlight reels. Go to a library, read a book, learn about our history and enlighten the opposition. Start with the 1918 team. Can you even name the roster?

I still don't get the ESPN "feelgood" story mentality last night of the team with "nothing to play for but themselves". Yeah, we should all root for the team on ACEDEMIC PROBATION! Please. All hearts, no brains. What lesson are we teaching here?

You would have a point if any of the current players had anything to do with the academic problems. The players who put Uconn in this situation haven't been around for 3 years.

I have to say, I was disappointed to see their reaction to the win. They should thank us for the opportunity to showcase their team, rather than reveling in victory. They should be mindful of the fact that Syracuse was the train that they hitched their buggy to so long ago. I fear for their sake that while we’re shining out three national title trophies (along with many more to come), they have been left behind to toil in obscurity, their trophy case full of only cobwebs and dead dreams. Their energetic, but woefully untalented bunch stole one from us, that's true, but that has more to do with our lackadaisical effort than anything else. We need to learn that winning never comes easy, even when you’re the best.

Keep trolling, trolling, trolling, trolling WHATTTTT

You would have a point if any of the current players had anything to do with the academic problems. The players who put Uconn in this situation haven't been around for 3 years.
Good point. I stand corrected.:oops:

I'm talking about you being part of the "" brigade, while I'm taking the time to point out how Syracuse's history and accomplishments stack up to UConn's. It's a lesson I'm quite qualified to teach, since I've first-hand been around for quite a bit of it. Sports go back farther than the advent of ESPN Sportsshow and dunk highlight reels. Go to a library, read a book, learn about our history and enlighten the opposition. Start with the 1918 team. Can you even name the roster?

Again, the &*$% are you talking about?

Again, the &*$% are you talking about?

I'm not "talking" about anything. I'm writing about Syracuse basketball. This is the place to do so, correct? I trust you're not a graduate of the University if you find my posts too difficult to follow. Now if you'd like to try again, and this time be civil, I'd be happy to elaborate on any specific points that escape you.

Wow...we should thank you for that opportunity? ..and we've never amounted to much? Just slightly delusional..but I guess if you keep saying it enough times to yourself, you come to believe it.

I've enjoyed the series and hate to see if end...I have kids who went to both schools and can't even come close to understanding this kind of perception.

What you have for UConn is an entire generation of kids/ballplayers who see us as a national presence and while life has dealt us some short term disappointments related to conference realignment, I have no doubt that in the changing landscape of college sports, that we'll end up in a good space soon.

But hey, I'm glad we could be a scrappy little brother that tested SU every once in awhile..

I still don't get the ESPN "feelgood" story mentality last night of the team with "nothing to play for but themselves". Yeah, we should all root for the team on ACEDEMIC PROBATION! Please. All hearts, no brains. What lesson are we teaching here?

Taking the time to emphasize 'academic probation' by placing it in caps, and then spelling the word academic incorrectly, just doesn't hammer that point as well as it could. :noidea:

Wow...we should thank you for that opportunity? ..and we've never amounted to much? Just slightly delusional..but I guess if you keep saying it enough times to yourself, you come to believe it.

I've enjoyed the series and hate to see if end...I have kids who went to both schools and can't even come close to understanding this kind of perception.

What you have for UConn is an entire generation of kids/ballplayers who see us as a national presence and while life has dealt us some short term disappointments related to conference realignment, I have no doubt that in the changing landscape of college sports, that we'll end up in a good space soon.

But hey, I'm glad we could be a scrappy little brother that tested SU every once in awhile..

I fail to see why you're offended. I've been quite effusive in my praise of UConn's effort last night. Your team worked harder and executed better. There is no shame in being scrappy and playing above your station. I too will miss this series and UConn. You have typically played us well and even pulled off some shocking upsets. You were the Tonto to our Lone Ranger in the 90s when Georgetown and St John's disappeared and we kept the Big East afloat. That being said, you don't have the illustrious history we have. We were winning national titles when Connecticut Agricultural College students were shooting an inflated pig’s hide at a peach basket tied to the side of a barn. We have arguably the greatest lacrosse program in history and a top tier football program. You have come a long way, and I hope things work out for you, but we’re off to the ACC now to dominate another conference in typical Syracuse fashion. Wish us well, because reflected glory is still glory of a sort.

While I'm not the kind of UConn fan that posts derogatory messages, I take no issue in the revelry on our board. Given what we've been thru the past 1-2 years with really nothing but bad things happening to us, the win last night was a small respite from that negativity. My hope is that it is a springboard that keeps UConn in the national news in a positive sense. I have no doubt, given the changing landscape of college sports, that we'll be in a good space soon.

and I will miss the SU games...

I fail to see why you're offended. I've been quite effusive in my praise of UConn's effort last night. Your team worked harder and executed better. There is no shame in being scrappy and playing above your station. I too will miss this series and UConn. You have typically played us well and even pulled off some shocking upsets. You were the Tonto to our Lone Ranger in the 90s when Georgetown and St John's disappeared and we kept the Big East afloat. That being said, you don't have the illustrious history we have. We were winning national titles when Connecticut Agricultural College students were shooting an inflated pig’s hide at a peach basket tied to the side of a barn. We have arguably the greatest lacrosse program in history and a top tier football program. You have come a long way, and I hope things work out for you, but we’re off to the ACC now to dominate another conference in typical Syracuse fashion. Wish us well, because reflected glory is still glory of a sort.
An 18 yr old recruit is very impressed with SU's consistency in the 1920's -1980's while UConn was in the Yankee Conf and our early years in the BE. The greater measure / current perception of our success is our 3 NC's and the # of great UConn players in the NBA that kids want to emulate. But hey, you just keep on reflecting Mr Lone Ranger... as we more than stack up with SU.

Taking the time to emphasize 'academic probation' by placing it in caps, and then spelling the word academic incorrectly, just doesn't hammer that point as well as it could. :noidea:
Did I piss in your Cheerios or something?:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom