UConn CYA Later | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn CYA Later

Why is anyone even responding to SUforLife? It's 1000% clear he's a troll and just trying to bait people into arguing with him.

Perhaps people respond to me because it's abundantly clear I understand the game of basketball. But perhaps you believe that your profound observations, such as (paraphrasing) "The past is no indicator of the future. All we need to do is play six great games in a row and we can win a National Championship" somehow means you understand the game of basketball better. Maybe the real question is, do I have anything to learn from some twenty-something year old living in his parents basement who has probably never picked up a basketball in his life?

You're a uconn troll. And not a very clever one, either.

I don't really understand your jargon. Perhaps you're insulting me? Do you have a basketball point to make?

You are a lovely caricature of Cuse fans. I get Marsh's hate and jdubs spin, but really this is just blatant silliness.

The two Helms awards Cuse has, were based on Cuse claiming a National Championship based on panel voting by the Helms committee years/decades after the seasons in question ended. There was no tournament, no actual championship game, nothing but a vote by some guys in California. There was no rhyme or reason for what they did, no TV to allow all voters to see every team/game. Heck, there were people voting who likely never saw a single Cuse game those seasons.
Not that I claim to know what SUforLife is talking about, but not for nothing, if UNC can claim the Helms as an NC, so can we.
UNC Helms.jpg

Not that I claim to know what SUforLife is talking about, but not for nothing, if UNC can claim the Helms as an NC, so can we.
View attachment 2304

I would ask why the hell UNC has two banners for 2005. Why does UNC need to include one for final ranking? Claiming it is fine, it's like saying you were #1 in the final AP poll - pre tournament. Saying it's more impressive than a NCAA championship is just silly - what SUforLife is claiming. For example, Duke in 1999 was #1 going into the tournament with one fewer loss than #2 UConn. The two teams had never played. They meet in the final and UConn wins, which banner is more impressive?

EDIT: further imagine that in 1999 no TV or Internet existed and you either watched the game live, heard it on the radio or heard about it via word of mouth. Now imagine the vote for the best team (pre-NCAAT) took place today, still no TV, Internet or video. That is a Helms Championship from when UNC and Cuse won them.

We are moving to better things, you are stuck in the SunBeast/C7/MAC whatever UFN

Maybe we'll play again on a regular basis, maybe not...

Hard to feel sorry for you though reading your board and hearing stories and experiencing firsthand the UConn way at the Rent/Gampel/XL.

It has been a great rivalry but good bye and enjoy.
Not to worry, Mark, we'll be fine when conference realignment is over. You guys are no more in control of this situation than we are.

Not to worry, Mark, we'll be fine when conference realignment is over. You guys are no more in control of this situation than we are.
Basically true...we are for now in a secure spot. I figure at worst we'll be in a Big East circa mid 90s...you guys I think are next for a callup. Rather have you in the ACC than the B1G.

Bottomline: Both of our programs are complimentary programs to conferences since BB is only worth about 20/25% revenue.

I would ask why the hell UNC has two banners for 2005. Why does UNC need to include one for final ranking? Claiming it is fine, it's like saying you were #1 in the final AP poll - pre tournament. Saying it's more impressive than a NCAA championship is just silly - what SUforLife is claiming. For example, Duke in 1999 was #1 going into the tournament with one fewer loss than #2 UConn. The two teams had never played. They meet in the final and UConn wins, which banner is more impressive?

EDIT: further imagine that in 1999 no TV or Internet existed and you either watched the game live, heard it on the radio or heard about it via word of mouth. Now imagine the vote for the best team (pre-NCAAT) took place today, still no TV, Internet or video. That is a Helms Championship from when UNC and Cuse won them.

You realize many championship claims are BS. Back before 68 or so...teams final rank was after the regular season and before the bowl games. The NIT champ in the 50s and 60s was often just as strong or stronger than the NCAA champ. Helms are nothing more than a poll and just as valid as any other ranking not involving a tourney.

We are moving to better things, you are stuck in the SunBeast/C7/MAC whatever UFN

Maybe we'll play again on a regular basis, maybe not...

Hard to feel sorry for you though reading your board and hearing stories and experiencing firsthand the UConn way at the Rent/Gampel/XL.

It has been a great rivalry but good bye and enjoy.

"F" the Big East "F" the ACC

The Big East Blew It - They tried to become a 234 team conference and they blew it. Now we have these super conferences that all suck.

Seems to be a big east commissioner (after Dave Gavitt & Mike Tranghese), the only qualification is to have your head so far up your ass you can't see anything coming.

Sour? Yes - The Big East was good.

"F" the Big East "F" the ACC

The Big East Blew It - They tried to become a 234 team conference and they blew it. Now we have these super conferences that all suck.

Seems to be a big east commissioner (after Dave Gavitt & Mike Tranghese), the only qualification is to have your head so far up your ass you can't see anything coming.

Sour? Yes - The Big East was good.

I agree the bigger conferences are going to blow...16 teams is really an alliance. Twenty or Twenty four teams will be glorified gathering of teams for TV contracts. Conferences "Jumped the Shark" when Rutgirls was taken for cable boxes.

I would ask why the hell UNC has two banners for 2005. Why does UNC need to include one for final ranking? Claiming it is fine, it's like saying you were #1 in the final AP poll - pre tournament. Saying it's more impressive than a NCAA championship is just silly - what SUforLife is claiming.

You are quite oversimplifying and distorting my position. I claimed our Helms titles are more impressive than your titles in large part because those were the days before NBA attrition. You can claim that you are the best team in 2004, but what if Lebron James had chosen to go to Syracuse instead of the NBA? What if Carmelo had stayed another year? Are you seriously claiming that your 2004 team was better than a Syracuse team with Lebron and Melo? That's a bold statement. Looked at through that lens, the Helms titles are better. We were the best of the best without an asterisk. Syracuse, in general, deserves more credit for continued and sustained regular season excellence. but that's an argument for another day. As for today's, checkmate, my friend.

Uconn fans fight with a Uconn fan pretending to be a Syracuse Fan...on SyracuseFan.com

The internet.

Please, stop feeding this dumb@ss troll.

More vulgar insults, I see. Easy to do on the internet, where I cannot demand an explanation, nor satisfaction. Let it be known I was attending Syracuse games long before you were breeched. Were you to actually make a point worthy of discussion, you might learn a thing or two. Instead, you've appointed yourself Internet Capitan, and like the fascist you likely are in your own small world, you are attempting to dictate to others how to think and act, all because you are ill-equipped for what it takes to debate in an open and free manner. Do you know what I say to that? Rubbish, I say to that.

More vulgar insults, I see. Easy to do on the internet, where I cannot demand an explanation, nor satisfaction. Let it be known I was attending Syracuse games long before you were breeched. Were you to actually make a point worthy of discussion, you might learn a thing or two. Instead, you've appointed yourself Internet Capitan, and like the fascist you likely are in your own small world, you are attempting to dictate to others how to think and act, all because you are ill-equipped for what it takes to debate in an open and free manner. Do you know what I say to that? Rubbish, I say to that.
There is no Syracuse fan other than you, if you are a Syracuse fan, that gives a hoot about the two Helms championships. And you know that. I would trade both of them for the first round game against Okie st. back in the late 90's.

I find it humourous that a troll is wasting so much time posting when his bait only results in people calling him a troll.. and nothing else.

Sort of defeats the purpose of being a troll/

:blah:

There is no Syracuse fan other than you, if you are a Syracuse fan, that gives a hoot about the two Helms championships. And you know that. I would trade both of them for the first round game against Okie st. back in the late 90's.

You are very mistaken, my friend. Many Syracuse fans care deeply about the Helms championships and the ENTIRE history of Syracuse basketball. Our program didn't start in 1990, just because that may have been when you started caring. Actually, my suspicion is that many of today's so-called Syracuse fans jumped on the bandwagon during the Carmelo year. Do you honestly think I, a long-time fan and benefactor to the University, am concerned with the vulgar opinions of carpetbagger fans from Timbuktu who attached themselves to Syracuse because of one player? No, I'm quite proud of the Helms titles, as every fan should be, and I'll not be silent on them. They're also the easiest way to shut down a UConn fan, because they have no comeback to those esteemed banners.

Whoa, not so fast. I like the Helms championships, it adds history to the program. Are you going to eliminate the declared champions in football after they finally go to a tourney too (UConn probably can't wait for that). And I think in the 60's SU chose to go to the NIT instead of the NCAAT. I wouldn't trade those two championships for the Okie St. game.

You are very mistaken, my friend. Many Syracuse fans care deeply about the Helms championships and the ENTIRE history of Syracuse basketball. Our program didn't start in 1990, just because that may have been when you started caring. Actually, my suspicion is that many of today's so-called Syracuse fans jumped on the bandwagon during the Carmelo year. Do you honestly think I, a long-time fan and benefactor to the University, am concerned with the vulgar opinions of carpetbagger fans from Timbuktu who attached themselves to Syracuse because of one player? No, I'm quite proud of the Helms titles, as every fan should be, and I'll not be silent on them. They're also the easiest way to shut down a UConn fan, because they have no comeback to those esteemed banners.
LOL I don't believe for one second that you can be serious. No sane person would be. And I graduated from syracuse in '78. I saw our first final four. We laughed at the Helms banner flying in a back cornor of Manley. The University has showed how much it "values" the Helms "titles".

Whoa, not so fast. I like the Helms championships, it adds history to the program. Are you going to eliminate the declared champions in football after they finally go to a tourney too (UConn probably can't wait for that). And I think in the 60's SU chose to go to the NIT instead of the NCAAT. I wouldn't trade those two championships for the Okie St. game.
I might trade those two titles for the Nova game this year. Who cares? And it is not close to the same thing as the N.C. we won in football.

I'll be sure to tune info for the big game with Clemson. I'm thinking I'll really need some sun glasses for all that orange.. Sorta like walking into Manny's...

The ACC (not that I wouldn't want to be part of it sooner rather than later) is not all powerhouses..
Aren't you supposed to be at work?

I might trade those two titles for the Nova game this year. Who cares? And it is not close to the same thing as the N.C. we won in football.
The Helms titles now are exactly the same as what SU's football thing will be in 40 years after the tourney is well established.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom