UConn fans after the game.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn fans after the game..

One time got me pretty good. A little spray on Tom. Caught a lot of verbal abuse. Of course we did have the one clown SU fan that was instigating

Yeah that kid was a drunk moron...bad representative for SU. MattyL's group was lots of fun to watch...they lobbed some playful smack, did some dance kinda like the swim, and had a good time with the UConn girls across the aisle.

The shock jock announcer needs to go. He sets a bad tone for the game. We were surrounded by bad SU and UConn fans. UConn fans are just looking for you to react. I wanted no part of it.

The shock jock announcer needs to go. He sets a bad tone for the game. We were surrounded by bad SU and UConn fans. UConn fans are just looking for you to react. I wanted no part of it.

I could hear that guy on the TV broadcast when there was a big 3rd down play upcoming. I thought it was pretty poor form to have a PA announcer acting as a cheerleader. Maybe I'm just old school in my belief that a PA announcer is an "announcer" who is there to provide information.

Jim Shreve who played in the 40's and coached at SU after that was sitting in front of me. He is 85 and he said he was told by a friend that UCONN fans would start trouble if you had an SU hat on. I told him that seeing as I haven't met a UCONN fan yet that can kick my butt I was not concerned. He enjoyed that while I enjoyed an 85 year old even having a conversation about getting at it with UCONN fans. Nobody was rude to me during the day but maybe it had something to do with the 2 6'4" guys (one a marine) that were with me.

I thought they were fine. I stayed in Storrs Saturday night after the game, and wore my Cuse stuff the whole time, and besides one drunk chick at a party who told me that she hoped I would fall down the stairs and die, everyone in East Hartford and on campus was pretty cool about everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UConn fans were amateurs...their smack was really weak. All I did was retort with enjoy C-USA and they shut up. Most of them were newbie football fans...like the guy he told us UConn was the better program since then went to the Fiesta Bowl and we never went. :rolleyes:

Wow mark the UConn fans were "...amatuers.." yet your reply was enjoy the C-USA!! Wow...so mature!! You must be such a veteran huh?......:eek:

Wow mark the UConn fans were "...amatuers.." yet your reply was enjoy the C-USA!! Wow...so mature!! You must be such a veteran huh?......:eek:

Been around long enough to know how to reply to young punks...yes I am a veteran of 40+ years watching major college FB. It was unsolicited from a punk 25 year oldish UConn fan who had no knowledge of history--informing me we never went to the Fiesta Bowl.

Also thought your PA guy was pushing the limits on running his music into our snap count constantly.

We just had this one guy behind us who was so drunk, he repeated anything the PA announcer said as an insult. For example, the PA guy said "And so-and-so for 4 yards, tackle by Marquis Spruill." The guy behind us would slurr/yell, half-heartedly "Spruuiilllll". That was about it, though. Good showing by the SU contingency. Surprised UConn filled up the stadium, though the majority of fans near the press booth-side of the stadium ended up watching on the platform in the endzone to stay warm.

The Hot Chocolate was excellent, though.

Been around long enough to know how to reply to young punks...yes I am a veteran of 40+ years watching major college FB. It was unsolicited from a punk 25 year oldish UConn fan who had no knowledge of history--informing me we never went to the Fiesta Bowl.

Also thought your PA guy was pushing the limits on running his music into our snap count constantly.

You can blame "DJ Joey Franchise" for that. I expected him at Rutgers, not UConn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom