UConn fans after the game.. | Syracusefan.com

UConn fans after the game..

jcuse44

2nd String
Quite possibly the most classless fans I have encountered. I had fans throwing stuff at my head during the game and giving me the finger when i turned around. I was saying to my friend that Morgantown was friendlier haha. I had been to Uconn a few years back and they were bad but not THAT bad. There was 3 fistfights on the walk back to parking lots after the game between Uconn fans starting crap and SU fans. Pretty disgusting really. A Uconn college student rolled down the window to his SUV while he was leaving the stadium and started yelling at my friend's grandfather " What happened...HEY old man..WHAT HAPPENED , you guys suck" lol. The Miami fans back in the 90's had more class than what i saw last night.

I went two years ago and some UConn fans ( one in particular ) were trying to pick a fight with me all game because I had a 'Cuse hat on. I was with my family and it definitely was NOT a family atmosphere around me. Given that experience and the conference stuff going on, I could only imagine what it was going to be like and opted not to buy tickets as I didn't want to put my kids through that experience this year. I lost a ton of respect for UConn fans 2 years ago.

Yesterday though, we were beat in all aspects of the game including coaching. The only bright spot was the 5 turn overs.

this surprises you? Low Rent; just like their stadiums nickname.

Last year at the Dome I saw two fights in my section because of UCONN fans. I have never seen a fight in our section during all of the years I have sat there. One fan was behind us with his wife or sister. He was sloppy drunk and spilled beer all over one of the guys with me while he was taunting another group of fans. He was such a jerk about it the women with him went a bought a new sweatshirt for my friend. Finally, at the end of the game he started yelling, "Welcome to the big east Syracuse... Thats how you play football!!!" I would love to meet him again and ask how the Big East is working out for him now. ;)

Quite possibly the most classless fans I have encountered. I had fans throwing stuff at my head during the game and giving me the finger when i turned around. I was saying to my friend that Morgantown was friendlier haha. I had been to Uconn a few years back and they were bad but not THAT bad. There was 3 fistfights on the walk back to parking lots after the game between Uconn fans starting crap and SU fans. Pretty disgusting really. A Uconn college student rolled down the window to his SUV while he was leaving the stadium and started yelling at my friend's grandfather " What happened...HEY old man..WHAT HAPPENED , you guys suck" lol. The Miami fans back in the 90's had more class than what i saw last night.
I could not agree more. I have attended games all over the country the UConn fans are the worst.

This is why I want the beer sales banned there. It just fuels this .

We just need to get through the next two years and then we won't have to play them again in any sport.

I guess it is isolated stuff like every place. We didn't have any problems at all and even had some Uconn fans stop at our tailgate. Since we were in the aero lot we had to walk through all their parking lots to and from the stadium and we didn't see any bad encounters at all. I thought the UConn fans were pretty friendly in general. There was one funny verbal exchange after the game when we got back to our tailgate. Some UConn fan yelled out "Good luck vs. Duke" and Jeremy yelled back "Good luck in the MAC". We all just laughed.

We sat in section 132 and its no beer area. Fans were cool for us but I was with my wife, cousin and 3 little kids. But on efan was just giving the finger over and over to the SU Cheerleaders and the SU section and yelling at them. Weird. The same guy didn't undrestand what happens when a kickoff goes in the end zone and we don't touch it. He thought it was a live ball and they just got 6 points. Oh well. See them in basketball.

I dealt with some idiot UConn fans a couple years ago when I went, and with the conference stuff going on opted to skip this road trip. I think there are problem fans everywhere, but it did seem to me the percentage of them were higher at UConn than at other places I've been. My impression was that the ones that actually went to UConn/are boosters of the program aren't the problem, it's the ones that are there because they can't afford tickets to the Pats or Jints that were the problem. Those fans would be better off taking the money they spend on tickets and using it for therapy sessions working out their self-esteem issues.

The UCONN fans were friendly with us in the Aero lot as well, even invited us in on their tailgates. One loser just kept saying "you suck" after the game and I said "make a bowl game". (This is probably it for UCONN they will go resume their 2011 crappiness from here on out)

Some of them wished us luck and a safe trip.

I thought they were real friendly

I guess it is isolated stuff like every place. We didn't have any problems at all and even had some Uconn fans stop at our tailgate. Since we were in the aero lot we had to walk through all their parking lots to and from the stadium and we didn't see any bad encounters at all. I thought the UConn fans were pretty friendly in general. There was one funny verbal exchange after the game when we got back to our tailgate. Some UConn fan yelled out "Good luck vs. Duke" and Jeremy yelled back "Good luck in the MAC". We all just laughed.
sorry Rick have to disagree a bit having have had beer thrown on my head for absolutely no reason

sorry Rick have to disagree a bit having have had beer thrown on my head for absolutely no reason

In the stadium? I didn't see any thrown beer and you were a few rows behind me. Was it an isolated situation or was beer tossed frequently? I stayed dry. :)

In the stadium? I didn't see any thrown beer and you were a few rows behind me. Was it an isolated situation or was beer tossed frequently? I stayed dry. :)
One time got me pretty good. A little spray on Tom. Caught a lot of verbal abuse. Of course we did have the one clown SU fan that was instigating

We just need to get through the next two years and then we won't have to play them again in any sport.
MAYBE WE CAN'T AVOID THEM WITH SEEDINGS IN MENS AND WOMAN'S
BASKETBALL

I had absolutely no issues at all. In fact most were extremely friendly despite being totally surrounded by UConn fans.

I went to see my son who was in a different UConn section and he said at the beginning he had some problems. He said they shut up and started arguing amongst themselves after he said only one thing to them. He said Uconn fans in addition to ripping on SU's performance (deservedly so) were yelling SU wasn't good enough for the Big East and deserved the ACC. He told me that he just told them "okay but that means you get Rutgers forever". He laughed afterwards retelling the story how the UConn fans started saying they'd much rather have SU than Rutgers and how the future sucks with Rutgers etc. He said he had no issues after that (of course this was at halftime so I hope when I hear from him the 2nd half went okay too).

One time got me pretty good. A little spray on Tom. Caught a lot of verbal abuse. Of course we did have the one clown SU fan that was instigating

Ah, that's right. One of the 2 loudmouth su fans sat between you and me. You were probably an incidental.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm glad to hear most of the Cuse fans that came down for the game didn't run into too many issues. With the conference expansion BS that's been going I figured the tension would be at an all time high. Fighting at sporting events is just stupid and totally uncalled for. I apologize for all UCONN fan's for anything that got taken to the "next level".

Don't get me wrong, I hate you guys, your teams and your program in general (like Boeheim and Marrone I will admit) but as long as there is no fighting or cursing at kids, then it's all just part of the rivalry.

Debating about making the trip up to the Dome for the hoops game (never been to the Dome) so hopefully I can enjoy a good game day experience up there. My friends little brother goes to Cuse and he tells me he could get me a seat in the student section, to which I responded, "that may just be the worst idea in the world" haha.

these are the same fans that pushed the Iowa State macott down the stairs this year and he subsequently broke his arm.

these are the same fans that pushed the Iowa State macott down the stairs this year and he subsequently broke his arm.

Completely untrue that he was pushed.

My Father, brother in law, three Uncles and a couple of friends made the trip this past weekend. Said the fans were "really on top" of their game which is too bad. My favorite away game is WV i know the fans can be tough but i just love the game day they put on. Going forward i look forward to the triangle games as well as UVA and Maryland both great college campuses.

I'm glad to hear most of the Cuse fans that came down for the game didn't run into too many issues. With the conference expansion BS that's been going I figured the tension would be at an all time high. Fighting at sporting events is just stupid and totally uncalled for. I apologize for all UCONN fan's for anything that got taken to the "next level".

Don't get me wrong, I hate you guys, your teams and your program in general (like Boeheim and Marrone I will admit) but as long as there is no fighting or cursing at kids, then it's all just part of the rivalry.

Debating about making the trip up to the Dome for the hoops game (never been to the Dome) so hopefully I can enjoy a good game day experience up there. My friends little brother goes to Cuse and he tells me he could get me a seat in the student section, to which I responded, "that may just be the worst idea in the world" haha.

I have a lot of experience with being a visiting fan since I don't root for any local teams and never have (other than my 4 years at SU). You know what, as long as you're not an a@@-hole and don't celebrate too vehemently, you will be just fine. That said, I personally wouldn't want to sit amongst the opposing students anyway, because I do like to have the freedom to cheer on my team without having to look over my shoulder.

Every situation is different and being able to read the environment is critical as far as being a visiting fan in a stadium. I've found that if you're respectful and can take some good-natured ribbing, the locals tend to stick up for you if some of the rowdies start getting out of hand.

UConn fans were amateurs...their smack was really weak. All I did was retort with enjoy C-USA and they shut up. Most of them were newbie football fans...like the guy he told us UConn was the better program since then went to the Fiesta Bowl and we never went. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom