UConn fires Kevin Ollie / hires Danny Hurley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn fires Kevin Ollie / hires Danny Hurley

And they waited until the season is over? LMAO. They want to have their cake and eat it too!

Obviously this is going to go into litigation. Will be interested in how it turns out. You could compare it somewhat to when a team leaves a conference and litigates the liquid damages clause. This time, uconn is the party “leaving.” What sucks for ollie is he brought the university a title and now, how is he ever going to go back there?

Stallings and olllie in same week, i cant take anymore bad news
This could be a win-win. Who knows, maybe Pitt will hire Ollie, and maybe UConn will hire Stallings. I can see the headlines now...

"The University of Pittsburgh welcomes national championship-winning coach, Kevin Ollie..."

"The University of Connecticut welcomes 2x Power conference coach and turnaround artist, Kevin Stallings..."

Can only imagine UConn claims just cause - Ollie gets a lawyer - they prove just cause wasn't warranted - Ollie gets the full buyout, which I'm not sure UConn can afford. How does that look to the next coach? If UConn does that to one of their own...

Ricky P come on down!
Sarcasm I assume.
Imagine the optics of UConn firing Ollie due to the NCAA investigation, then turning around and hiring Pitino.

Boneyard says it's not a big deal.

They are going to get their big boy pants back soon and going to a big boy conference and the new supercoach will know this...

"And before we get into the whole what coach would come here if we are playing in the American - keep in mind that in 5 years we will be on the move to the Big East or a better P5 conference - due to the 2022ish B1G inspired realignment.

Any coach coming would be told this conference is ours for the short-term only
."​

Boneyard says it's not a big deal.

They are going to get their big boy pants back soon and going to a big boy conference and the new supercoach will know this...

"And before we get into the whole what coach would come here if we are playing in the American - keep in mind that in 5 years we will be on the move to the Big East or a better P5 conference - due to the 2022ish B1G inspired realignment.

Any coach coming would be told this conference is ours for the short-term only
."​
Too funny. Dilutions of granger

Please UConn hire Geno.

I want to see this so bad.
Their women’s program would be fine with his top assistant taking over.
I want to see how good a teacher of the game he is.

Arizona is paying players, unc is faking classes, Louisville was sending hookers to recruits and UCONN is going to fire Ollie because someone left a gym door open past 10pm.

This is all about the benjamins.

"The school announced in January that it was the subject of an NCAA investigation but did not provide specific details. Hearst Connecticut Media cited unidentified sources saying the inquiry was related to recruiting."

The ESPN reports cite the NCAA inquiry and make it sound like whatever is coming on that front will be the cause. Are you saying that there isn't a serious recruiting violation inquiry going on and they are overstating that element? Is it possible that he's done something that they know is going to get them suspended/disciplined and they are getting out and front of it, because his performance has sucked, making it not worth defending him to the bitter end??

There's a suuuuuper awkward thread over there mocking Pitt for firing Stallings and trying to get out of the buyout.

I mean, it's really really REALLY awkward.
That is rich

UConn is biting their nose to spite their face.
If Ollie is fired for cause that means the NCAA has some thing real on them and sanctions are coming.

This will kill them in the market for coaches.
No real coach is taking a job with upcoming sanctions without a contract very favorable to their direction.

Meaning more money, years, lower buyout etc.

This is so dumb for them. They have to have like no money and that is why they are desperate to get out from Ollie and use the NCAA investigation for cause.
by virtue of the ncaa's arbitrary and capricious rules enforcement(insert north carolina) and backing off penalties(insert pennstate) they have ruined college sports. they are archaic, biased in targeting schools and should be disbanded. jay bilas should take over the ncaa streamline it and make it a meaningful administrative body.

I don’t understand why they are firing Ollie. He’s an nba veteran who has connections through out the league. Do kids not care about that anymore? I was under impression the only targets he misses on are kids scared of competition.

If I had a dime for every time I heard “Jay Bilas should take over the NCAA” or some variation thereof I wouldn’t care if my job tried to fire me for cause because I’d never be working again.

hard to believe but even at rock bottom. whoCONN's mbb has a downward trajectory

obligatory:
giphy.gif

I don’t understand why they are firing Ollie. He’s an nba veteran who has connections through out the league. Do kids not care about that anymore? I was under impression the only targets he misses on are kids scared of competition.
lol.

"Ten Toes In"

- 4 kids transfer and their top recruit decommits

"I only want players who WANT to be here"

So apparently Calhoun wants back in? Does anyone think that could happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom