UConn Game Day Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Game Day Thread

I'm sure not going to pile on Frank, but we may have overrated his early season play a tad. Needs to step it up -- he's the most experienced vet on the team, need him to play like it.

Remember he started out great last year. People were saying don't sweat losing Quade, we got a junior FH next year. Then all hell broke loose.

Well it was ugly, but liked the decision to penetrate and kick for the 3 at least and it worked out.

Frank's not a point guard. His instinct on that near turnover was to take it up himself rather than pass it out to Battle for the three.

The mistakes are just awful. Bad is bad but it's like he has no clue what he's doing.

Meh. It’s over the top on this thread because people are still mad about last year to the point they are writing off his previous 7 good games.

Remember he started out great last year. People were saying don't sweat losing Quade, we got a junior FH next year. Then all hell broke loose.

Let's not go crazy... Howard showed improvement but was far from great. He was no where close to as good as he has played this year. And he would never have played good against Kansas last year

The mistakes are just awful. Bad is bad but it's like he has no clue what he's doing.
I still don't understand what we do on offense though. We could make Steve Nash look bad with these sets. He gets over halfcourt and we run a 1-4 set for like 15 seconds without reason while he dribbles out the clock with no picks/curls/motion to initiate offense.

Yeah. A bad shooting night is one thing. I can live with those. The decision making is tough to watch. It’s not like we’re talking 2-3 plays. It’s like there’s been more bad ones than good ones tonight.

Let's not go crazy... Howard showed improvement but was far from great. He was no where close to as good as he has played this year. And he would never have played good against Kansas last year

"Great" -- from a certain point of view (Obi Wan reference).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom