Uconn in big trouble | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn in big trouble

Excuse me but they beat us on the COURT where it really matters so not sure how u can talk sht about a program that beat u on ur HOME floor.
they've got bragging rights for that win.
they've got bragging rights for 4>1.
hell, they've got bragging rights for donyell marshall and akok akok.

but none of that changes the fact that they are stuck with a broke-ass program with a bleak-ass future.

so ha-fricking-ha

They could be called the Ephmen but that's actually the Williams College nickname.

vtg-williams-college-ephs-ephmen_1_a20f11635773cb0583984beeb13416e7.jpg

I was thinking of posting something similar. Ephmen, as in Ephraim Williams, pronounced with a capital E. I'm class of 1976. Better known as the Purple Cows

They like to mock us for creating and selling shirts... but they should consider it for a fundraiser.

they can also sell Gertrude hawk chocolates.

girl scout cookies

collect bottles and cans

they will be in the green in no time.

They are losing over $112K per day. Almost $5K per hour. The numbers are staggering.
If you put it in terms of a 40 hour work week, they are losing about $160k per day. $20k per hour of the business week. Think of how much good, how much charitable donations, how much scientific research could be done with $20,000 per hour, year round. And they waste it on bad athletics. Shame.

so what is next - drop down in football and join the BE? They don't really have a lot of options.

They like to mock us for creating and selling shirts... but they should consider it for a fundraiser.

girl scout cookies

collect bottles and cans

Don't forget 50/50 raffles!!!

You guys are having a lot of fun but the economics of this is is bad news for any college sports fan.

Forgetting that though, the reason we all hate UConn is because they were/are a great rival of ours. Its not nearly as much fun to beat Clemson on the court is it? UConn beat the crap out of SU in big games and the Orange did the same to them.

Personally, I think they got hosed and they belong in the ACC. They've shot themselves in the foot with that horrible football program but if they can somehow turn it around, I'd welcome them with open arms.

I don't see the ACC - or any P5 - taking them just for hoops. Maybe the Big East would take the hoops team but that means football would probably stay in the AAC and the prospects for success there would be poor I'd imagine.

Good luck Huskies, you'll need it to climb out of this one.

You guys are having a lot of fun but the economics of this is is bad news for any college sports fan.

Forgetting that though, the reason we all hate UConn is because they were/are a great rival of ours. Its not nearly as much fun to beat Clemson on the court is it? UConn beat the crap out of SU in big games and the Orange did the same to them.

Personally, I think they got hosed and they belong in the ACC. They've shot themselves in the foot with that horrible football program but if they can somehow turn it around, I'd welcome them with open arms.

I don't see the ACC - or any P5 - taking them just for hoops. Maybe the Big East would take the hoops team but that means football would probably stay in the AAC and the prospects for success there would be poor I'd imagine.

It's a financial decision. From 1999 to 2014, UConn had one of the greatest 25 year stretches of any basketball program in any period. If I could have traded basketball results with any program from 2004-2014, I'd swap with UConn. Not Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. I'd take UConn's results and not think twice about it.

That being said, conferences don't care about what happened 5, 8, and 15 years ago. They're not going to take UConn just to say "our current members have X national championships" if they're not economically viable. UConn is located in the middle of a state that has a declining population and losing interest in their sports teams. There is no growth there. People aren't lining up to purchase cable subscriptions to watch the State of Connecticut's football and basketball teams play meaningless games.

I was thinking of posting something similar. Ephmen, as in Ephraim Williams, pronounced with a capital E. I'm class of 1976. Better known as the Purple Cows

Does the NESCAC still not publish standings because it makes the teams at the bottom of the tables feel bad?

Don't forget 50/50 raffles!!!

Ideas for the Huskies to fund raise:
- lemonade stand
- $1K donation from every booster for a Hurley technical
- $3K for Hurley yelling at opponents bench
- $5K for ejection
- have a couple Husky players set up table and jar outside supermarket
- instead of guessing number of gum balls in a jar guess number of fans in various venues (East Carolina, Tulsa, South Florida, etc)
- shutdown football program

Cuse!

We’re not allowed to say that anymore. We have to be nice to them. We don’t want to hurt any feelings and create tension like there was 5 years ago.

problem is our board was born out of the boneyard sewer. Kind of like royal family bloodlines. Some of the board elders are as rich in Boneyard titles and lands as they are in syracusefan.com.

Uconn shouldnt have sued the ACC around the same time the league flirted with the idea of considering Syracuse back in 2003.

There's no climbing out of it. They're dead. And they did this to themselves. Their fans are the worst I've ever been around. Rutgers, Seton Hall, SJU, Louisville, WVU even Georgetown fans I've interacted with have basically been friendly. UConn there's always an edge. And while Clemson may not move the needle on the court, beatinbg them on the field was pretty special.

One day we'll all look back fondly on UConn and tell our kids and grandkids that they used to be a real force. Kind of like how we occasionally hear stories about Colgate.

Uconn shouldnt have sued the ACC around the same time the league flirted with the idea of considering Syracuse back in 2003.

The CT AG Blumenthal --- now Senator --- led that charge and left the University with the consequences.

It's sort of like filing a lawsuit against your neighbors and then wondering why you are getting the cold shoulder at the block party.

Last edited:
The CT AG Blumenthal --- now Senator --- led that charge and left the University with the consequences.

Yeah I don't see how that didnt have an impact on their prospects to join the ACC. And they were an actual attractive athletic program back then. Now Uconn is coming off back to back losing seasons (and maybe a third on the way) in basketball and a football program that's a national laughingstock. So not sure how you come back from that.

Yeah I don't see how that didnt have an impact on their prospects to join the ACC. And they were an actual attractive athletic program back then. Now Uconn is coming off back to back losing seasons (and maybe a third on the way) in basketball and a football program that's a national laughingstock. So not sure how you come back from that.

As long as the State of CT and the student body ponies up the money, no one will do anything. Rutgers has been running a $25 million dollar deficit paid for by student fees and General Fund dollars for a very long time. Of course, they think they see the light at the end of the tunnel with the B1G money.

The problem is the hit the reputation of the University it takes if it goes back to 1AA football and the Yankee COnference. In a world of even greater competition for students, is that worse than bleeeding 10's of millions of $$$?

girl scout cookies

collect bottles and cans

BB Gun night. Wear your safety goggles kids !

It's a financial decision. From 1999 to 2014, UConn had one of the greatest 25 year stretches of any basketball program in any period. If I could have traded basketball results with any program from 2004-2014, I'd swap with UConn. Not Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. I'd take UConn's results and not think twice about it.

That being said, conferences don't care about what happened 5, 8, and 15 years ago. They're not going to take UConn just to say "our current members have X national championships" if they're not economically viable. UConn is located in the middle of a state that has a declining population and losing interest in their sports teams. There is no growth there. People aren't lining up to purchase cable subscriptions to watch the State of Connecticut's football and basketball teams play meaningless games.

Basketball is almost irrelevant - it's FOOTBALL that drives the conference $ bus.

And UConn Football went from basically not existing, to being meh, to being really terrible.
No conference wants to bring that into the fold, regardless of how good the hoops team used to be.
Which is why they languish in the AACk.

Pre-season fundraiser:

Women’s hoops versus men’s in outdoor game at the Rent.

Women start up 50. Only the winner survives as a program.

Who ya got?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom