UCONN looking horrible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UCONN looking horrible

I love Jae Crowder's game. He is Paul Harris with a higher basketball IQ and more outside range.

Was just going to post about Crowder. He's gotta get drafted right? All he does is fill the stat sheet every game with big numbers.

No, the refs were worse.

The Boatright thing was fing dumb though.
No they weren't.

Was just going to post about Crowder. He's gotta get drafted right? All he does is fill the stat sheet every game with big numbers.
His height might be an issue and he won't have a true position in the NBA, but he'll get a shot because he does so many things well.

His height might be an issue and he won't have a true position in the NBA, but he'll get a shot because he does so many things well.

Sometimes, you need to throw out the system and trust what you see. You have to draft him and ignore the position.

Agreed. If he was 3 or 4 inches taller he'd be talked about as a lottery pick. Still I'd rather have a 6'5 player vs another 6'10 project. The NBA draft gets so watered down by guys with ideal measurements but no game.

Sometimes, you need to throw out the system and trust what you see. You have to draft him and ignore the position.
What?

He's probably 6'4-6'5; he's not quick enough to guard NBA SF's and he's not nearly big enough to guard NBA PF's. He'd be a pretty big liability defensively. I don't think his handle is tight enough either.

The refs screwed uconn out of SIXTEEN POINTS? Um...no. Lol

I thought the refs really sucked tbh. Seeing UConn get hosed is fantastic, but every time they closed the gap Marquette got a gift. That ball that was called out of bounds against UConn that led to the 4 point play was horrific. Every out of bounds call, even when we play them, always seems to go to Marquette - like it's an automatic call. lol

Boxing out is great, and the announcers were talking about what a great job it is by Crowder, but can you really box out by turning, taking both hands and just pushing the other guy as far away from the hoop as possible? That seems like it should be a foul when Crowder does it, I don't know.

I hate the way Marquette plays

Like I said last week. This program is a disaster and in a total tailspin.

Really really really stretching it. This year? Yeah. The whole permanent downswing stuff is fallacy. Here's the list of programs with 3 NC's that permanently fell off the map:______________

Really really really stretching it. This year? Yeah. The whole permanent downswing stuff is fallacy. Here's the list of programs with 3 NC's that permanently fell off the map:______________

Dude I respect what you have done but the facts are the facts. Coach unsure of his future (hall of fame coach), team not playing in the NCAA tourney next year, players most certainly going to leave early. Tailspin. I never said you cant get out of it but the next couple of years are going to be ugly.

Youll be back eventually but for the next 3 to 5 years you will be pretty irrelevant...tourney ban, calhoun will be here for 2 morevyears tops and of those years will be a tourney ban and the year after that will be tough bc ehat recruits are going to play there, not many...plus all the tlent you have now wouldve left the sinking ship...so in 2 years it will be a depleted team with calhoun stepping down and kevin ollie coaching his first conference game at boise st...yikes

and yet, I won't be surprised at all if they come out next Saturday night (in JC's stirring return to the sideline) and play lights out.

and yet, I won't be surprised at all if they come out next Saturday night (in JC's stirring return to the sideline) and play lights out.

I am sure they will. #1 it wont do any good and #2 they are still in a tailspin.

I'm convinced now, more than ever, that JC sold both his soul and the soul of the program for last year's title.

I thought the refs really sucked tbh. Seeing UConn get hosed is fantastic, but every time they closed the gap Marquette got a gift. That ball that was called out of bounds against UConn that led to the 4 point play was horrific. Every out of bounds call, even when we play them, always seems to go to Marquette - like it's an automatic call. lol

Boxing out is great, and the announcers were talking about what a great job it is by Crowder, but can you really box out by turning, taking both hands and just pushing the other guy as far away from the hoop as possible? That seems like it should be a foul when Crowder does it, I don't know.

I hate the way Marquette plays

That OOB call was horrible and the following three was a classic moving screen by marq that looked more like a chip block and instead of Ucnn getting the ball on either of those consecutive plays down 7 or 8 they tab Drummund for his forth and give Marq a chance at a 4pt play. One of the more one sided officiated games I have seen this year. Horrible. But Uconn still put themselves in that position by playing lazy and stupid in the first half. That being said you can't come back if the refs hammer you every time you close to to a 3 possession game in the second half.

lots of their fans seem to be clinging to how they were in about this same spot last year at this time. Slight difference this year, though: no Kemba Walker.

Indiana was in a tough spot for a while. UCLA is rough right now.

No one is immune to this. You still have to recruit.

Indiana was in a tough state...when they were in the National Championship game in 2002? When they were in the Top 10 with Sampson and top recruiting classes? Their bottom fell out but they were only awful for a few years and STILL GOT TOP RECRUITS.

UCLA, the one that went to a bunch of FF's and won a title after Harrick?

Youll be back eventually but for the next 3 to 5 years you will be pretty irrelevant...tourney ban, calhoun will be here for 2 morevyears tops and of those years will be a tourney ban and the year after that will be tough bc ehat recruits are going to play there, not many...plus all the tlent you have now wouldve left the sinking ship...so in 2 years it will be a depleted team with calhoun stepping down and kevin ollie coaching his first conference game at boise st...yikes

This is a really, really stupid thing to say. Really stupid. Also, Boise State isn't in the conference for basketball.

I remember IthicaMatt or someone else who's big on here talking about the downfall of UConn basketball 2 years ago when they were in the NIT because their incoming recruits weren't any good. How'd that turn out.

Assuming UConn will fall off under Ollie but Syracuse will be elite with Hopkins is fallacy. Complete fallacy.

This is a really, really stupid thing to say. Really stupid.

I remember IthicaMatt or someone else who's big on here talking about the downfall of UConn basketball 2 years ago when they were in the NIT because their incoming recruits weren't any good. How'd that turn out.

Big difference. Your coach was coaching. You were going to the post season the following year. A lot of your players were not bolting for the NBA.

Big difference. Your coach was coaching. You were going to the post season the following year. A lot of your players were not bolting for the NBA.

The same one who couldn't recruit? Or are we just going to totally ignore the major positive difference Ollie has made as a recruiter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom