UCONN looking horrible | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UCONN looking horrible

Look, I get it, you guys are really pissed that somehow UConn has more big pelts than Syracuse. I get that. I'd be pissed too. But it doesn't make it logical to start making ridiculous assumptions about deaths and falls of the reich etc. just because you're envious of what you don't have.

The same one who couldn't recruit? Or are we just going to totally ignore the major positive difference Ollie has made as a recruiter?
You have one player committed for next year. Take away Drummond, Lamb at a minimum next year. Again never said it would last more than a couple of years but Uconn basketball is in a coma until at least 2014.

Look, I get it, you guys are really pissed that somehow UConn has more big pelts than Syracuse. I get that. I'd be pissed too. But it doesn't make it logical to start making ridiculous assumptions about deaths and falls of the reich etc. just because you're envious of what you don't have.

Whatever you need to tell yourself dude.

You have one player committed for next year. Take away Drummond, Lamb at a minimum next year. Again never said it would last more than a couple of years but Uconn basketball is in a coma until at least 2014.

And after that you're still in the Big Clusterf*ck East. UConn is probably fine long term, but at this point the issues Marsh pointed out should at least be concerning regardless of the title run last year. Although I do understand your need to reference it to make yourself feel better.

Dude, you're a good poster but getting caught up in this argument on a Cuse board is bush league. You had a tough loss today, the refs were terrible, go out and get some fresh air. UConn is not going to fall into irrelevance, but there are a lot of question marks. Anyone claiming to know more than that is talking out of their ass. But talking about "big pelts" and jealousy is beneath you.

This is a really, really stupid thing to say. Really stupid. Also, Boise State isn't in the conference for basketball.

I remember IthicaMatt or someone else who's big on here talking about the downfall of UConn basketball 2 years ago when they were in the NIT because their incoming recruits weren't any good. How'd that turn out.

Assuming UConn will fall off under Ollie but Syracuse will be elite with Hopkins is fallacy. Complete fallacy.
I don't think anyone was saying we'd be elite with Hopkins; nor did anyone say Ollie is going to fail. But you can't argue that Hopkins APPEARS more ready to be a head coach than Ollie does. You ever hear an interview with KO? He doesn't come off as the most intelligent guy ever.

I can tell you're in denial, and I know several UConn fans that are as well, so you aren't alone.

UConn is losing alot of their appeal to recruits, you can bet that.

Really really really stretching it. This year? Yeah. The whole permanent downswing stuff is fallacy. Here's the list of programs with 3 NC's that permanently fell off the map:______________
UCLA?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

The same one who couldn't recruit? Or are we just going to totally ignore the major positive difference Ollie has made as a recruiter?
He doesn't have many recruiting contacts yet. What positive difference? DeAndre Daniels?

Marquette all over them in Hartford.

Their problem is they have nobody who can guard athletic 2/3 wings; since this is pretty much entirely what Marquette is comprised of, it's an awful matchup. Daniels and Smith are completely incompetent to be on the court, Lamb is too frail, and Olander/Giffey can't guard any D1 athletes.

This is a really, really stupid thing to say. Really stupid. Also, Boise State isn't in the conference for basketball.

I remember IthicaMatt or someone else who's big on here talking about the downfall of UConn basketball 2 years ago when they were in the NIT because their incoming recruits weren't any good. How'd that turn out.

Assuming UConn will fall off under Ollie but Syracuse will be elite with Hopkins is fallacy. Complete fallacy.

Truth hurts, i said 3-5 years youll be hurting not long term...but if u think recruits will want to play fir ollie coming off a tourney ban and a depleted roster in that conference than so be it, your optimism is hard to knock

Their problem is they have nobody who can guard athletic 2/3 wings; since this is pretty much entirely what Marquette is comprised of, it's an awful matchup. Daniels and Smith are completely incompetent to be on the court, Lamb is too frail, and Olander/Giffey can't guard any D1 athletes.
I'd disagree.

UConn has an abundance of 3s (they are bad though), Roscoe Smith was a lockdown defender last year, but he didn't play much today.

UConn with Drummond and Ohraki should have been able to dominate the paint vs. Marquette, but they rarely fed the post at all and did an awful job on the boards. They also have quicker guards than Marquette and didn't take advantage of that either.

I'd disagree.

UConn has an abundance of 3s (they are bad though), Roscoe Smith was a lockdown defender last year, but he didn't play much today.

UConn with Drummond and Ohraki should have been able to dominate the paint vs. Marquette, but they rarely fed the post at all and did an awful job on the boards. They also have quicker guards than Marquette and didn't take advantage of that either.

Ohraki is the biggest disappointment for that team this year. What a big difference from the way he was playing in last years post season.

seriously dude? go back to the uconn board please.

You have to look really deep into the eyes of these UConn players to see give a damn. After Gloatrights "T" it was quit city for the dogs.

The refs screwed uconn out of SIXTEEN POINTS? Um...no. Lol

16 no, probably not. There were a number of just horridly bad calls though. Marquette to their due took full advantage of the bad calls and is a good team. Marquette probably wins by 5-10 in an evenly, well called game. Without the bad calls it probably is about a 5-6 point game that ends as a 8-10 point game after foul shooting in the last minutes or so.

You could take away one bad call by the refs in the game and it may have been a much closer game the rest of the way in the Marquette/UConn game. The OOB's on Oriakhi with about 5 minutes to go, UConn down 8. The ball was pretty obviously off Marquette. Refs make the right call there and UConn has the ball down 8 with 5 to go. Instead Marquette gets the ball and drains a three while being fouled by Drummond. So UConn not only goes down 11, but also picks up a 4th foul on Drummond, got lucky not to go down 12. Now of course there is no telling what happens if UConn gets the ball there but it gives them a shot to cut it to 6 or 5 instead of being down 11.

That call was probably the worst call the refs made but they had a few others that were close to being as bad and every bad call went against UConn. Usually refs aren't the issue with a game because if they are bad they are consistently bad and really just make a muck of the game for both teams. This game they tilted a game UConn had a very limited shot at winning into an unwinnable game. So yes, UConn was not good, but the refs were worse.

Clearly the UConn downfall has already taken it's toll on at least one fan.

He doesn't have many recruiting contacts yet. What positive difference? DeAndre Daniels?

Boatright, Daniels, Drummond and Omar Calhoun. Those are the players he is responsible for bringing to UConn as the lead. BTW I don't think zls44 is in favor of Ollie being the next coach at UConn.

I think it's fair to say Hopkins appears to be better suited than Ollie with his longevity at Cuse. It's also another thing that is nearly impossible to predict.

Ollie is horrid in interviews, but he is no worse than Calhoun. This really shouldn't be a measure of coaching ability at all. More importantly though he is fine in one-on-one and small group dialogue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom