UConn Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Thoughts

I think Marek has a really good game. This is the kind of matchup where he will thrive. I’d say Sidibe too but he doesn’t look healthy. Hope the tendinitis doesn’t linger.

Don't care about them almost losing to Columbia. They will get up for playing us, at MSG, etc. They may be bad but it won't be a blowout. PS - the line is only -5 so there is some early proof.

Battle is the one that will have a big game. He can wreck them. He looks healthy but rusty. This game should be business as usual for him.

the season thus far has in large part been the season of howard's redemption & i have a feeling he'll be up for this one: uconn last year was the beginning of the end for frank. he went 0-9, committed 4 fouls & really contributed nothing positive. i'm betting on a big game from frankie.

Good grief I took a look at the Boneyard. Some salty folks over there. Not quite sure how they see another national championship in their current conference setup. The program is dieing a slow death the last couple seasons and it will probably only get worse. Ollie seems like a mediocre x's and o's coach and below average recruiter. Am I missing something here?

We are going to throttle them. G-Town too. Only game left pre ACC that I am nervous about is the Bonnies.

In theory. All depends on the offense. UConn will get up on Frank. If we just dribble sideways, pound the rock too much, and throw it around settling for jumpers (entirely possible) then this game will be a low 60s rockfight and a close game throughout. Praying for something decisive.

Good grief I took a look at the Boneyard. Some salty folks over there. Not quite sure how they see another national championship in their current conference setup. The program is dieing a slow death the last couple seasons and it will probably only get worse. Ollie seems like a mediocre x's and o's coach and below average recruiter. Am I missing something here?

That MSGSeven goofball is hilarious. Talking like they can get hot and win a ‘chip at any time behind their GUARDS. LMAO. There’s no way he truly believes that right? It’s just message board bravado and deep down he knows they’re done?

Last year's game was an embarrassment to the beautiful game of basketball.

Worst game I have ever watched. The entire game should have been thrown out the window or both teams take the L. Maybe even 2.

Last year's game against St. John's is the only game I had to turn off before the end in over 40 years of watching.

In theory. All depends on the offense. UConn will get up on Frank. If we just dribble sideways, pound the rock too much, and throw it around settling for jumpers (entirely possible) then this game will be a low 60s rockfight and a close game throughout. Praying for something decisive.

Adams is more than capable of hanging around 30.

Talking like they can get hot and win a ‘chip at any time behind their GUARDS. LMAO. There’s no way he truly believes that right?

I mean if anyone could not be faulted for thinking that it would have to be a Storrz fan. Thats exactly what happened in 11 and 14. Still eats at me.

Last year's game against St. John's is the only game I had to turn off before the end in over 40 years of watching.
I had the misfortune of seeing SJU and being at the UConn game.
UConn was the worst played game I have ever seen at any level.
At least SJU played fairly well...but UConn was almost as bad as the Orange were.
Only one play better.
Just totally atrocious basketball by both teams.

This time around the Orange need to play strong defense...get out on the shooters and be smart with the ball. (How's that for stating the obvious?)
Judging by what I've seen - the Columbia and Monmouth games - UConn's defense is awful.

Oh, and it would help if we make our dunks.

id be surprised if uconn cracks 60 against us. but i wouldnt be surprised if we dont crack 60 either. if we play well on offense i can see a 70-55 type of game. if we struggle putting the biscuit in the basket then look for another game like last year.

the season thus far has in large part been the season of howard's redemption & i have a feeling he'll be up for this one: uconn last year was the beginning of the end for frank. he went 0-9, committed 4 fouls & really contributed nothing positive. i'm betting on a big game from frankie.
peretz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom