UConn to ACC? | Syracusefan.com

UConn to ACC?

Col. Bleep

All American
If Maryland somehow ponies up the $$ to go to the Big 10...does the ACC have any other move that makes sense besides offering UConn?
Do they also try to add another team as well?

Adding UConn would be great move for ACC...getting conference into NYC market.
The only thing missing would be DC-market draw.
Conference could use a truly despicable team like G-town : )

If the ACC feels the need to do something, they should add Louisville. To hell with academic pedigree, it is pretty clear that that kind of thinking will only result in an athletic alliance that is not sustainable.

The Big East is now in the business of collecting exit fees for it's soon to be only basketball onlies.

If Maryland somehow ponies up the $$ to go to the Big 10...does the ACC have any other move that makes sense besides offering UConn?
Do they also try to add another team as well?

Adding UConn would be great move for ACC...getting conference into NYC market.
The only thing missing would be DC-market draw.
Conference could use a truly despicable team like G-town : )

Uconn is not the NYC market. Nobody in NYC has any interest in Uconn hoops. Uconn contingent only travels because NYC/MSG is close, but Uconn is new England market.

Doubt that UConn would be a consideration. BC would move heaven and earth to block them from the ACC. And I agree that UConn would not bring a NYC market. SU has better pull and more fans than UConn in NYC. I also agree that by losing Maryland a major market (DC) is lost ... with the possible exception of Virginia and that is a stretch. No... Georgetown would not even be a heartbeat of a consideration. It would only be for those bball fans. Remember that it is football that is the engine on this train ... not basketball!! That is another reason why UConn would not be much of a consideration ... both their basketball and football are spiraling downward. They can talk about their past (Calhoun years only btw) b/c at this point their future is pretty dismal. Unfortunately what team near DC can draw that market?

Doubt that UConn would be a consideration. BC would move heaven and earth to block them from the ACC. And I agree that UConn would not bring a NYC market. SU has better pull and more fans than UConn in NYC. I also agree that by losing Maryland a major market (DC) is lost ... with the possible exception of Virginia and that is a stretch. No... Georgetown would not even be a heartbeat of a consideration. It would only be for those bball fans. Remember that it is football that is the engine on this train ... not basketball!! That is another reason why UConn would not be much of a consideration ... both their basketball and football are spiraling downward. They can talk about their past (Calhoun years only btw) b/c at this point their future is pretty dismal. Unfortunately what team near DC can draw that market?

Maryland is the only school that plays football that will draw any local interest in the DC area.

BC will not be able to block UConn, if that turns out to be the best choice. I doubt BC brings enough to the table to have anything more than one vote. There aren't enough players left to allow petty differences among schools to drive the decision.

This conference stuff is stupid. These schools are chasing the $$$$, all while hiking up tuition rates 10% per year. Nauseating.

First ask ND to come all in...when they laugh at the ACC then

Tell FSU/Clemson the next pick is yours: Pick a team you can live with.

I'd say they get L'ville...then the ACC makes a last ditch effort at ND, then asks PSU to move (with financial help..another pipe dream) and then lastly ask UConn.

I think 15/16 right now might be the best course of action. We probably end up with L'ville and UConn. Not great but FB improves slightly and BB goes to the head of the pack.

Dream scenario is Notre Dame goes all in (at the appropriate contracted time--NBC contract) and we stop at 14 and wait.

Notre Dame isn't going to budge with the way their football team is doing right now.

UConn delivers the Hartford/New Haven market period. Nobody in Fairfield County south to NYC gives a rat's ass about UConn. It doesn't deliver near the interest in NYC and suburbs that SU does. Please get real on this. If the ACC wants to satisfy FSU - which is IMPORTANT for survival - then Swofford better get on getting a real football program to join. And judging by the comments on the FSU boards they certainly prefer UL to UConn.

How much power do you think BC has right now?

I'm guessing very little.

If UofL gets chosen over UCONN it will be to appease FSU and Clemson, not BCU.

How much power do you think BC has right now?

I'm guessing very little.

If UofL gets chosen over UCONN it will be to appease FSU and Clemson, not BCU.
I wouldn't worry too much, they'll probably give uconn some kind of token "honorary member of distinction" status upon joining the new-and-improved Colonial League. That game you played last night vs Q will be the new annual big uconn hoops event!

My guess is, if they do anything, they will follow the FSU/Clempson direction, hold their noses, and invite L'ville (with lip service being paid to 'improving academics'). UConn just doesn't address the FB issue.

Gun to my head
1. L'ville
2.Uconn
3. Cincy
4. S Fla

My guess is, if they do anything, they will follow the FSU/Clempson direction, hold their noses, and invite L'ville (with lip service being paid to 'improving academics'). UConn just doesn't address the FB issue.

I think if they were really concerned about football, they would have taken UofL and WVU instead of SU and Pitt.

I think if they were really concerned about football, they would have taken UofL and WVU instead of SU and Pitt.

Probably right for RPI but Cuse and Pitt deliver other things. My feeling is UL first then UConn in a few weeks. I hope to see a 15/16 set up...but ESPN better deliver some more $$$ to make us competetive. It is in their own self interest.

I hope the ACC then approaches MSG about playing the tourney 2 on/2 off at MSG. NYC eyeballs are at stake and BB is more important than FB in the market.

Probably right for RPI but Cuse and Pitt deliver other things. My feeling is UL first then UConn in a few weeks. I hope to see a 15/16 set up...but ESPN better deliver some more $$$ to make us competetive. It is in their own self interest.

I hope the ACC then approaches MSG about playing the tourney 2 on/2 off at MSG. NYC eyeballs are at stake and BB is more important than FB in the market.
After all the changes going on, the new Big East TV contract is going to be awesome. Maybe they can work a deal to be on PBS for free.

This Sun Beast conference game is made possible by a gift from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting...

316px-CookieMonster-Sitting.jpg