UConn to ACC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn to ACC?

Damn that gif is just mesmerizing. And I don't mean cookie monster.

First ask ND to come all in...when they laugh at the ACC then

Tell FSU/Clemson the next pick is yours: Pick a team you can live with.

I'd say they get L'ville...then the ACC makes a last ditch effort at ND, then asks PSU to move (with financial help..another pipe dream) and then lastly ask UConn.

I think 15/16 right now might be the best course of action. We probably end up with L'ville and UConn. Not great but FB improves slightly and BB goes to the head of the pack.

Dream scenario is Notre Dame goes all in (at the appropriate contracted time--NBC contract) and we stop at 14 and wait.
probably right . . . I agree that they have to make an offer to PSU, even if they know it is futile - it's like Doolittle's raid on Tokyo, just sending a message. Offer to transfer Maryland's full $50M exit fee to Happy Valley to cover most of their NCAA fine and they will at least listen.

Might Temple be a dark horse candidate, to lock down the eastern metropolis basketball market?

This is Scylla and Charybdis. UL or UConn ... neither fits the ACC. Can you imagine Duke having to play conference games at the (dumb dumb) Fried Chicken center? (although by most accounts its a nice facility with an embarassing name).

And UConn's fans need to be sprayed for lice and given rabies vaccinations.

Horrible choice. Must be somewhere else the ACC can go if Maryland bolts (huge exit fee).

probably right . . . I agree that they have to make an offer to PSU, even if they know it is futile - it's like Doolittle's raid on Tokyo, just sending a message. Offer to transfer Maryland's full $50M exit fee to Happy Valley to cover most of their NCAA fine and they will at least listen.

Might Temple be a dark horse candidate, to lock down the eastern metropolis basketball market?
Oh please, God, no. I am SO done with Temple.

Times like this I wish Georgetown had a BCS level football team, because they have the superb academic reputation, they would replace the exact area the ACC loses with Maryland, and it would allow us to continue to play them at least once per year.

Other than the football thing they are perfect, IMO.

Times like this I wish Georgetown had a BCS level football team, because they have the superb academic reputation, they would replace the exact area the ACC loses with Maryland, and it would allow us to continue to play them at least once per year.

Other than the football thing they are perfect, IMO.

They do have a football team, which probably won't cut it at the major conference level. But everything else fits, except of course Lee Reed is a petty buffoon for screwing our fans out of Verizon tickets.

They do have a football team, which probably won't cut it at the major conference level. But everything else fits, except of course Lee Reed is a petty buffoon for screwing our fans out of Verizon tickets.
I know they have a football team. That's why I said "BCS level" football team.

Understood, I wasn't claiming you didn't know that. Maybe it just feels good to repeat that their fb team is on a lower level. ;)

Kill the institution that is g'town with VD. Academics no longer mattee in conference realignment. Find the most competitive athletic schools with the largest fan bases in the best possible region and invite them. College athletics has become Disney world, BRING MONEY.

Understood, I wasn't claiming you didn't know that. Maybe it just feels good to repeat that their fb team is on a lower level. ;)
Ah, I understand. Because it's 2:50 CST, and Georgetown still sucks.

Ah, I understand. Because it's 2:50 CST, and Georgetown still sucks.

Exactly. And, as you point out, without Maryland, we need a DC-area team to which we can administer regular beatdowns. Even with an FCS football team, GT fits that bill. It's also up to ACC standards academically. That teast, alone, excludes Loueyville.

L'ville then wait on ND.
Forget Louisville. We all know that Pitino has said that he would s--- nickles before he ever left the BE, etc., etc., etc..

How about Navy?

Academics - plus
Football -mostly a plus
Presence in Maryland - plus

for most of the ACC they will suck for basketball, but SU will be able to revenge 1986 on them every year, which goes as a plus for me

How about Navy?

Academics - plus
Football -mostly a plus
Presence in Maryland - plus

for most of the ACC they will suck for basketball, but SU will be able to revenge 1986 on them every year, which goes as a plus for me
was david robinson on the team?

If the ACC feels the need to do something, they should add Louisville. To hell with academic pedigree, it is pretty clear that that kind of thinking will only result in an athletic alliance that is not sustainable.
I hear you, but the dumb dumb in the ACC? Wow. Can't wrap my arms around that one and I don't think Swoford can either.

When UConn upgraded their football to the BE, it was the signal that the end was near. Who the hell else would expand a conference with an upgraded program?

If the ACC adds UConn, it will again signify the end.

UConn football is the grim reaper of athletic conferences. Who the hell wants them (aside from the Lucifer Conference)?