UConn to ACC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn to ACC?

When UConn upgraded their football to the BE, it was the signal that the end was near. Who the hell else would expand a conference with an upgraded program?

If the ACC adds UConn, it will again signify the end.

UConn football is the grim reaper of athletic conferences. Who the hell wants them (aside from the Lucifer Conference)?
So, you're saying they're the college football version of Ted McGinley?

with apologies to RVD, he was the whole show
Navy actually had some very good talent.
Vernon Butler was a bull at power forward.
And they had a pretty good backcourt.
Shooting guard...whose name escapes me could get the ball from the post and hit the outside shot.

Navy had 2 or 3 guys who sometimes played the entire game...never took a breather.
Pretty amazing.
That was a good team that beat us.

Navy actually had some very good talent.
Vernon Butler was a bull at power forward.
And they had a pretty good backcourt.
Shooting guard...whose name escapes me could get the ball from the post and hit the outside shot.

Navy had 2 or 3 guys who sometimes played the entire game...never took a breather.
Pretty amazing.
That was a good team that beat us.

Except we beat them by like 30 earlier in the year didn't we? I was at the NCAA game as well. Worst dome experience ever. There were all the other 1st round games and it was just an empty feeling.

I know it won't happen.. but I still like Vanderbilt. Perfect ACC school.

Take Gtown and build them a football team gradually over time.
1. they are our rivals and a decent basketball program
2. they have good academics
3. if the big east can make rutgers a decent football school and uconn and nova a division 1 program then the acc with 10X's more money can give gtown a football program. Even if it takes 3-4 years.
4. they make a acc presense in the maryland market. imo gtown has been a top 20 basketball program of all time.