UCONN week | Syracusefan.com

UCONN week

Should be similar attendance imo.

Should be similar attendance imo.
Agreed. Not sure what the long range forecast is but assuming it isnt as brutally muggy...plus the excitement over the win this week..should even out any initial lesser opponent enthusiasm.

We need to start hitting 40K again although I dont think we do this week

Coaches just need to preach ball security this week. UConn has no chance to stop us if we don’t turn the ball over.
Their D is worst the of the 4 teams we will play.
Just preach ball security and this could be a fun game.

Agreed. Not sure what the long range forecast is but assuming it isnt as brutally muggy...plus the excitement over the win this week..should even out any initial lesser opponent enthusiasm.

The heat was a huge factor this game

Let's not look past them

All week

UCONN
UCONN
UCONN

Stay focused and win the week
FYI - We’re fans. I can spend the entire season obsessing over BC, and it will have 0 impact on the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I have zero intention of “looking past” UConn. Our basketball rivalry has generated a significant amount of friction in my eyes, and it’s easy/fun to pick in their football “program.” But let’s not get dramatic.

Need to take care of business Saturday. If there is any validity to the theory of a trap game this is a prototypical one. Focus, execution and we're headed to Clemson at 4-0.

I always think of Coach Mac's mantra from 1987:

"We're 3 - 0. Can't be any better than that. That's three down and ONE to go."

Let's not look past them

All week

UCONN
UCONN
UCONN

Stay focused and win the week

I have a feeling that they are 100% locked in to embarrass the last mid major on their schedule.

Is there a new UConn board or something? The Boneyard seems almost barren. Nothing about our game coming up. Has the fanbase given up on football?

Is there a new UConn board or something? The Boneyard seems almost barren. Nothing about our game coming up. Has the fanbase given up on football?
They are in the American and barely beat old Yankee conference rival Rhode Island.

Their football program is dying a slow death. They are irrelevant in their own conference they think they are better than. They can’t recruit against other Northeast rivals in P5 conferences.

Thus apathy is high. Plus their HC just told them the program sucks because of what he did to them.

Their board is our board after Villanova in 2014 on steroids.

68. Mostly cloudy. Praise the Lord!

I had to leave early yesterday due to the heat. Couldn’t the put some industrial fans in to circulate air? So disappointing.

The Boneyard isn't dead yet. They still have a fair number of posters who think we suck and have lucked our way to 3-0. Not that they think the Pups will win in the Dome (although there are a couple resident optimists who will actually put money on UCONN). If this game is not a complete blow-out by halftime you will see the Boneyard blossom into a bubbling, steaming cesspool of obnoxious behavior that might fool some folks into think that "It's Alive!"

The Boneyard isn't dead yet. They still have a fair number of posters who think we suck and have lucked our way to 3-0. Not that they think the Pups will win in the Dome (although there are a couple resident optimists who will actually put money on UCONN). If this game is not a complete blow-out by halftime you will see the Boneyard blossom into a bubbling, steaming cesspool of obnoxious behavior that might fool some folks into think that "It's Alive!"

I'm still not seeing any threads on our upcoming game.

There was just a snide comment about Syracuse only being middle of the pack among "Others Receiving Votes" in this weeks polls. Also a knock on FSU. UCONN fans are basking in the glory of their win this weekend. They don't expect many of those this year. They'll be on to Syracuse in another day or two.

Temperature is forecasted to be in the 60’s on Saturday afternoon. Conditions should be fine inside the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom