UConn... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

UConn...

Guys, wait until we beat them before trash talking. They will get better and match up well with us. Same with the Hoyas
They matched up better with us last year. Larrier is the one that could give us problems, but he might be out for that one. When they've been zoned this year they've REALLY struggled and they struggle guarding the 3pt line. We should have our way with them on the boards and as long as they don't go crazy from deep, we'll be ok. It also could help if Larrier and Gilbert are out. Adams is good, but I don't think he can beat us by himself. Purvis overall has been inconsistent.

Guys, wait until we beat them before trash talking. They will get better and match up well with us. Same with the Hoyas

We're just having some fun. If you can't laugh at uconn, what's the point of a rivalry?

They're terrible though. You can zone them to death and Oklahoma State is just a terrible defensive team. Oklahoma State's end of game management was just bad. They slowed down offense, which is fine though we certainly go crazy for that, but kept up the pressure, allowing UConn to score quick in unsettled situations. Or they idiotically fouled them because they kept playing such aggressive defense.

We could lose to uconn...it will definitely be their Super Bowl and for us it's just another mid major.

So Gilbert and Larrier will likely both be out when we play them, which means if we beat them but don't completely blow them out by 40 points, the Boneyard will be proclaiming that we suck, that the better team didn't win, and that Yukon would have destroyed us if they were healthy.

Looks like Gilbert didn't play. Surprised he didn't get his shoulder fixed after last season. I bet he and UConn are regretting that decision now.

UConn fans think Larrier's knee injury is an ACL tear. Not good.

Oklahoma State knocks off UConn 98-90 at Maui Invitational

You never know with a knee but that just sucks for the kid if it's true. Hope it's just a strain and selfishly hope they're both back for our game.

You never know with a knee but that just sucks for the kid if it's true. Hope it's just a strain and selfishly hope they're both back for our game.
Especially after sitting out a whole year after transferring.

Hope he is okay.

So Gilbert and Larrier will likely both be out when we play them, which means if we beat them but don't completely blow them out by 40 points, the Boneyard will be proclaiming that we suck, that the better team didn't win, and that Yukon would have destroyed us if they were healthy.
And your concern about what they say on the Boneyard is......
big smile.gif

Mid-majors gonna mid-major.

fyi, I don't need either a name drop from stage or being taught how to be a good audience member for a comedy show. I've been to many and have hung with many comedians, ranging from unknown friends who've been working out the comedy muscle for years to some fairly big names to some regulars on THSS.

I look forward to seeing you work
Nice. If you enjoy my schtick perhaps you will introduce me to some of your friends. We can see if we are connected on Linked In already.

We have different preferences which is certainly fine.

Personally I view trash talking as part of what makes sports fun. If we lose, then you suck it up and face the consequences. Which when you put in perspective are not very severe. Why hold back the fun.

I like taking shots at UConn and their fans as a whole, because I don't like them as a group. If I knew an individual UConn fan on another level there is probably a good chance that he would be a decent guy.

Tied 45-45 at half.

Jeff Goodman - I guess maybe it can get worse for Kevin Ollie.

Cheers,
Neil

Injuries certainly haven't helped but even fully healthy they had couple bad Ls

Shooting 60% from the floor. Still losing.

Not trying to stir up crap, but their opponent is shooting 48% on 24 shots from three, you'd expect that to go down and Yukon will pull away and win by 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom