UConn... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

UConn...

Did anyone catch Walton during the Baylor game making repeated references to his "really big pole" and people "touching his really big pole," as they were showing him and other people fishing? What the heck is wrong with him? People chalk it up to Walton being Walton. If other commentators made suggestive references like that, it'd be a story.

Acid is very bad on the brain, folks.

Oh, and UConn really sucks.

He's a nut, but if everybody was as happy as him the world would be a lot better off!

The guy doing the game with him today is clearly annoyed.

I don't think UConn will win, but I'm mad they made it somewhat respectable.

Someone should tell Walton the game is inside, he can take off his Maui Jim Polarized shades.

A team in decline, mid-major, whatever... They do have a whole bunch of rings to our one.

Absolutely they do and I'll be the first to say I'm jealous of those rings. My issue with UConn is their fans. As I've said before, they act as the game of basketball was invented in the hinterlands of Connecticut by a guy named Calhoun.

Now all of that arrogance is coming back at them and their school, and I for one have no sympathy for them.

I've got great seats for the SU/UConn game at MSG in 2 weeks and I cannot wait to be loud and obnoxious and stick a good old-fashioned blowout right in their faces.

UConn has finally reached the mid-major status we all predicted and foresaw once the Big East dissolved and they were left odd school out of conference realignment.

Couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving fan base. Karma is a bitch, Husky fans. When you show no humility during your successes don't be surprised when those you treated poorly on your way up take satisfaction in watching your decline.

I wouldn't write them off just yet. Obviously they are bad this year, but they are still recruiting well. Plus playing in that mid major conference of theirs will give them a chance every year of winning that tourney and making the field.

For what it's worth,
UCONN is doing ther best to hang in there.
stevie-wonder-see-what-you-did-there1.jpg

Someone should tell Walton the game is inside, he can take off his Maui Jim Polarized shades.

Is he paid by the Maui Chamber of Commerce? It's a gorgeous island, but it's like he's on their payroll.

we could be Yukon's only ranked team left on their schedule. ohio state could possibly be ranked if they beat Virginia. they will be completely desperate and pissed off, and they still have enough shooters that they could go off and beat us. as far as I am concerned, everything goes out the window after what st. johns and Georgetown did to us last year when both of them stunk, but the game meant far more to them.

we could be Yukon's only ranked team left on their schedule. ohio state could possibly be ranked if they beat Virginia. they will be completely desperate and pissed off, and they still have enough shooters that they could go off and beat us. as far as I am concerned, everything goes out the window after what st. johns and Georgetown did to us last year when both of them stunk, but the game meant far more to them.

They will literally be an injured dog with nothing to lose -- I would guess the game would be tight, but we should really destroy them.

We will also have Jb for that game, with Jb reminding them what can happen in a rivalry game, that and we are a much better team.

Why when the announcers say "Amida Brimah" do I hear "Anita Bryant"?

Hey, don't get political, RF. ;) edit: I mean Cherie. Those avatars confuse me.

Congrats UCONN

6__42497.1456122259.1280.1280.jpg
But those Boneyarders are staying positive. This could be my new favorite quote, "In spite of our losses, I think the biggest takeaway from this trip is that we established an identity and that is 'a resilient fighting team'. That's UConn!

A team in decline, mid-major, whatever... They do have a whole bunch of rings to our one.

And yet they've done nothing to prevent them from becoming totally irrelevant

And yet they've done nothing to prevent them from becoming totally irrelevant

I loathe UConn but outside of their conference affiliation, they are not irrelevant at all. I don't get that drumbeat. They have a great coach, recruit well, top 25 every year, plenty of national tv exposure.

But those Boneyarders are staying positive. This could be my new favorite quote, "In spite of our losses, I think the biggest takeaway from this trip is that we established an identity and that is 'a resilient fighting team'. That's UConn!

True pluckiness in every sense of the word,

I have a bad feeling about our upcoming game against UConn, and I am never wrong.

(or something like that).

iommi said:
I loathe UConn but outside of their conference affiliation, they are not irrelevant at all. I don't get that drumbeat. They have a great coach, recruit well, top 25 every year, plenty of national tv exposure.

I don't think KO is a great coach and besides them being overrated every preseason they are not a top 25 team every year. KO had a miracle run with a hall of fame coaches leftover team. I'm to lazy to do it but I'd urge you to look at KO's overall record and the caliber of teams they consistently lose to.

I don't think KO is a great coach and besides them being overrated every preseason they are not a top 25 team every year. KO had a miracle run with a hall of fame coaches leftover team. I'm to lazy to do it but I'd urge you to look at KO's overall record and the caliber of teams they consistently lose to.

Agreed, they regularly finish midpack in the the AAC... Elite? Hardly. Top 25? Sure, in the pre-season. Certainly not elite at this point at least. I have some sympathy for the injuries they have at present. But its not like they were crushing teams before Gilbert or Larrier got hurt..Mind you they lost to Wagner and Northeastern with their full complement of players.

They have two guys who look legit to me - Adams and Larrier. Both look to have NBA potential. Possibly Gilbert as well but didn't get to see much of him. With those two, you would think they would be able to dominate the AAC, let alone Wagner, Northeastern, etc. Something just isn't working over there.

Agreed, they regularly finish midpack in the the AAC... Elite? Hardly. Top 25? Sure, in the pre-season. Certainly not elite at this point at least. I have some sympathy for the injuries they have at present. But its not like they were crushing teams before Gilbert or Larrier got hurt..Mind you they lost to Wagner and Northeastern with their full complement of players.

They have two guys who look legit to me - Adams and Larrier. Both look to have NBA potential. Possibly Gilbert as well but didn't get to see much of him. With those two, you would think they would be able to dominate the AAC, let alone Wagner, Northeastern, etc. Something just isn't working over there.

It's okay. They're getting some very valuable moral victories in right now that will do wonders for them in March and line them up for a deep run in the CBI. No doubt they will be a very tough out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom