UConn... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn...

Bet you a buck they play us very tough at MSG...We should continue to schedule them every year. There's a lot to be said about history and tradition...
That's fine. But chances are, IF UConn is bounced in their opening game in Maui (OK State), we could be the ONLY ranked team they play all year. We all want to crush UConn, but the game next mont undoubtedly means more to them and their season than it does for us. We still have @UW, Duke, UNC, Ville, etc. They have nothing unless you count Tulsa and Tulane. We both play GTown and they play Ohio State. They need Dec. 5th badddd, and unless they win Maui, Dec. 5th is the last chance they have to be in a relevant spotlight until the AAC counference tourney. They're hanging on the edge of the cliff. I hope we win by 30

Don't be ridiculous. It was not a conference game. The game was on SNY. If it was conference game it would have been on the cooking channel.

Nickelodeon. I love that Diaco actually proposed that.

University of Houston here we come. (although the 4 titles are great for memories)

I feel so bad for Fishy. Guy is such a stand up good person
I know, I know...but he and Tom were instrumental in getting this board off the ground.

BFD. Guy loathes us and constanty takes shots at our program
And we do at his.

Much as it kills me, those NCs, and especially the last, sheesh. Do I have to spell it out?

Someone in the UConn fan base sold their soul. Or maybe Calhoun did.

721Comstock said:
False premise.
Nobody in the UConn fan base nor Calhoun has a soul to sell. ;)

Agreed, because they are not born, they're hatched.

That's fine. But chances are, IF UConn is bounced in their opening game in Maui (OK State), we could be the ONLY ranked team they play all year. We all want to crush UConn, but the game next mont undoubtedly means more to them and their season than it does for us. We still have @UW, Duke, UNC, Ville, etc. They have nothing unless you count Tulsa and Tulane. We both play GTown and they play Ohio State. They need Dec. 5th badddd, and unless they win Maui, Dec. 5th is the last chance they have to be in a relevant spotlight until the AAC counference tourney. They're hanging on the edge of the cliff. I hope we win by 30

I also hope we beat them by 30!

They are playing Northeastern on Monday night. We'll see if Yukon is any good. Northeastern has Alex Murphy who played at Duke/Florida and another kid who scored 30 points in their first game.

UCon will be fine.
Alterique Gilbert is a very good frosh PG, and as long as Jalen Adams curbs his selfish "gotta-get-mine for the highlights" attitude, they should be contenders by year's end. Their major issues lie w/ their bigs, who all have stone hands and horrible footwork.
Ollie hasn't done squat during the regular season, and if they don't get hot and do damage this year, his seat will get warmer.

Like this: When will we hold Kevin Ollie responsible

Last edited:
UCon will be fine.
Alterique Gilbert is a very good frosh PG, and as long as Jalen Adams curbs his selfish "gotta-get-mine for the highlights" attitude, they should be contenders by year's end. Their major issues lie w/ their bigs, who all have stone hands and horrible footwork.
Ollie hasn't done squat during the regular season, and if they don't get hot and do damage this year, his seat will get warmer.

Way to rain on the parade :p

Love seeing them lose. Also love playing them. The games always have a buzz and intensity to them, and are often great games, and we've seemingly had their number for awhile. Actually "had their number" was accurate when our programs were on the same level. Now we're just better than them. But they still try hard and give us some spirited runs. Would love to play them at the Garden every year as long as the games still have that spark.

UCon will be fine.

I agree. I think UConn has the perimeter talent. However, the problem is if they're cold in the first 2 months, they lose the chance to bolster their resume; the AAC does not offer a lot of opportunities to get resume-boosting wins. Their bigs will hurt them I think, I think if they beat OK State in Maui, UNC's front court will eat them up.

UCon will be fine.

They have talent, but can't we just enjoy wallowing in their embarrassment? Isn't that what rivalry is about?

Every once in a while the plucky mid major sneaks a win against one of the big boys. It would be huge for them to beat an ACC team.
Hey, now--it's not just pluck. It's resilience, determination, indomitable spirit...in a word: GRIT. And grit + pluck = gruck in my book. My friends, UConn has the gruck that never dies. Let's keep an eye on them as they sail on through these choppy waters and approach the towering challenges that await them in the AAC.

Hey, now--it's not just pluck. It's resilience, determination, indomitable spirit...in a word: GRIT. And grit + pluck = gruck in my book. My friends, UConn has the gruck that never dies. Let's keep an eye on them as they sail on through these choppy waters and approach the towering challenges that await them in the AAC.
Or Pluit, an administrative district in North Jakarta.

Maybe Ollie can get a job there if he doesn't start winning some early season games soon.

Pluit - Wikipedia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom