UConn... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UConn...

BFD. Guy loathes us and constanty takes shots at our program
That's a fact, yet we are supposed to be congenial because of our former rivalry.

That's a fact, yet we are supposed to be congenial because of our former rivalry.
It's not really because of our former rivalry, but the period BEFORE that, when we were semi friendly rivals. I used to spend a lot of time on The Boneyard in the 90s, before they started winning titles in 1999, or at least before the second one, in 2004, right after we won our first. I think that really soured our schools' relationship but I could be wrong.

I rooted for them in '99 when we were conference rivals, but something soured. Can't put my finger on when it happened.
Edit- fandom by nature can be vitriolic, but they make our jibes against Georgetown seem genteel.

I rooted for them in '99 when we were conference rivals, but something soured. Can't put my finger on when it happened.
Edit- fandom by nature can be vitriolic, but they make our jibes against Georgetown seem genteel.

I became the biggest Duke fan for that game, was genuinely pissed that Uconn won.

In retrospect, it might have had something to do with my bracket. :)

I really think the 2004 second NCAA, RIGHT AFTER we won our first since the 1920s, which evened the score between the schools, was the breaking point for me. Also that JB had a reputation as a sour puss, partly deserved but we all know the heart of gold underneath. Would Juli have married him otherwise?

Whereas Calhoun was a and didn't get blamed for being so. A good coach obviously but at what price? Even Boneyard posters complained about him running off players. I don't think JB has done that without cause, meaning either disciplinary/academic/medical reasons or the recent NCAA debacle which wasn't his fault and I think OGBJ20 would vouch for that!

Can anyone cite where JB let a scholarship player go just because he was a disappointment on the court?

They are playing Northeastern on Monday night. We'll see if Yukon is any good. Northeastern has Alex Murphy who played at Duke/Florida and another kid who scored 30 points in their first game.
Yukon currently losing in this game in the first half. Might have to check out the Boneyard.

UConn trailing Northeastern 35-31 at halftime. Bwahahaha. And what's better is that Northeastern is shooting 34% from the field and still beating these clowns.

20161114_180458.jpg

Hello fine sir. Can I interest you in the Kevin Ollie School for Diminutive Guards? Want to hear more...;)

we have a comprehensive plan for diminutive guards to have a just fine college career:

• dribble a lot. as much as you want actually.
  • fall down a lot, preferably make cry face and shoot free throws if convincing enough.
  • we only recruit forwards and centers to rebound and block shots, so don't worry about perimeter defense.
  • make cry face.
4 simple steps, and you too, can achieve all your dreams at the Kevin Ollie School for Diminutive Guards!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom