UGH...Mark Johnson's cheesy call of Colorado's win on ESPN | Syracusefan.com

UGH...Mark Johnson's cheesy call of Colorado's win on ESPN

djcon57

Living Legend
Something about dancing buffaloes.

By far, the worst thing about 2003 win was he was calling it instead Logan, Pasch, or Park.

By far, the worst thing about 2003 win was he was calling it instead Logan, Pasch, or Park.
Wow...With the exception of Doug Logan, I respectfully disagree. I liked Johnson's call and thought it was better than Kevin Harlan's.

SUOrange44

I disagree too, I thought Johnson was great, far better than Park who in my opinion is a far better color commentator.

There's not much that bugs me aobut 2003 but the fact that we had a "one year wonder" at the mike rather than a guy who was the Voice of the Orange for a number of years and knew what we'd been through to get there.

Hopefully Matt Park will get to declare us national champions, either this year or in the near future.

I think it was "Have you ever seen a Buffalo dance?"

Mark Johnson will always instantly remind me of "lick my sweaty balls" as he so eloquently uttered when he thought he was off-air.

I don't think Park is great, but will take him over Johnson any day.

I'd forgotten Mark Johnson's name; I hated his forced exuberance. His voice is just about the worst part of the video montage they play at the Dome. His play-by-play was unpleasant and it stinks that a guy who treated the job as a stepping stone was the voice of our championship. Doug Logan is the only person who should have that job.

But, uh, it was pretty fun to win the title, lousy radio guy or not.

I'd forgotten Mark Johnson's name; I hated his forced exuberance. His voice is just about the worst part of the video montage they play at the Dome. His play-by-play was unpleasant and it stinks that a guy who treated the job as a stepping stone was the voice of our championship. Doug Logan is the only person who should have that job.

But, uh, it was pretty fun to win the title, lousy radio guy or not.

Mr. Radio Announcer Voice.

Syracuse was a stepping stone to Colorado?

Mr. Radio Announcer Voice.

Syracuse was a stepping stone to Colorado?

I think he took the Denver Nuggets job after leaving us, but I could be mistaken. Hate that generic radio announcer voice.

We have it good around here. We have moved on to item #4,371,295 on the complaints list. Next up is "Toe nails not brittle enough."

Wow...With the exception of Doug Logan, I respectfully disagree. I liked Johnson's call and thought it was better than Kevin Harlan's.

SUOrange44

If I ran the world, Carl Eilenberg would still be the PA announcer at the Dome, and Doug Logan would be the Voice of the Orange.

If I ran the world, Carl Eilenberg would still be the PA announcer at the Dome, and Doug Logan would be the Voice of the Orange.

This deserves way more than one "like."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom