Ugh, what a trip...finally have arrived | Syracusefan.com

Ugh, what a trip...finally have arrived

prandal

Walk On
Murphy's law applied to my travel plans today. St. Christopher was not on his game. It is beautiful here and the SU fans I have come across, though very few, have been nice. One bought me a beer. One expressed his views that... "you're from the south but not Alabama". I'm still trying to figure that one out. Lots of Tiger fans on the outskirts which is understandable. I asked one nice younger gentleman how I should prepare for the impossible heat, humidity and deafening noise inside the dome.....no comment. The campus has some attractive areas. Very glad I made this trip. ACC!!!

Update...This place is really beautiful. I recommend the trip. Another beer has been paid for. I asked once again how I should prepare for the awful heat, noise and deafening crowd in the Carrier Dome and was just told not to worry about it. Does not compute.

prandal said:
Update...This place is really beautiful. I recommend the trip. Another beer has been paid for. I asked once again how I should prepare for the awful heat, noise and deafening crowd in the Carrier Dome and was just told not to worry about it. Does not compute.

I say this knowing you will have an amazing time in Syracuse, and the dome tomorrow, but the dome you see won't be the dome that we are known for. It won't be packed, it won't be loud. Hopefully next time you come to Syracuse, we will be in the middle of at least a decent season, and you will see what Syracuse football and their fans are about. Sadly, you won't see that tomorrow. Luckily, the fans you will get to interact with, are the die hards, the best of the best. They will welcome you with open arms. I hope you get to make it down to the Fine Lot pre game. Best tailgate in town, and they would love to have you. Enjoy our city, and swing back any time!

Disclaimer- troop is hammered

I say this knowing you will have an amazing time in Syracuse, and the dome tomorrow, but the dome you see won't be the dome that we are known for. It won't be packed, it won't be loud. Hopefully next time you come to Syracuse, we will be in the middle of at least a decent season, and you will see what Syracuse football and their fans are about. Sadly, you won't see that tomorrow. Luckily, the fans you will get to interact with, are the die hards, the best of the best. They will welcome you with open arms. I hope you get to make it down to the Fine Lot pre game. Best tailgate in town, and they would love to have you. Enjoy our city, and swing back any time!

Disclaimer- troop is hammered
I've researched going to the fine lot. Will I be totally welcomed? In the last half hour I've gotten two "birds" and one guy yelled Clemson Sucks out the passenger side. I can bring beer as a peace offering.

prandal said:
I've researched going to the fine lot. Will I be totally welcomed? In the last half hour I've gotten two "birds" and one guy yelled Clemson Sucks out the passenger side. I can bring beer as a peace offering.

You make it to the Fine lot, you will be welcomed with amazing food, plenty of beer, and awesome football banter. Look for the 10th mountain flag in the back of the lot. You will not regret it.

Dome heat won't be a problem this time of year. You will be very welcomed at the Fine Mess tailgate.
Have a great time.

Enjoy your stay in Syracuse. Hoping you have a very longggggggggggggggggggg ride home tomorrow. Don't worry, you won't drop out of the top ten though. You have to good of a team for that. Hey, I can hope can't I?

Murphy's law applied to my travel plans today. St. Christopher was not on his game. It is beautiful here and the SU fans I have come across, though very few, have been nice. One bought me a beer. One expressed his views that... "you're from the south but not Alabama". I'm still trying to figure that one out. Lots of Tiger fans on the outskirts which is understandable. I asked one nice younger gentleman how I should prepare for the impossible heat, humidity and deafening noise inside the dome...no comment. The campus has some attractive areas. Very glad I made this trip. ACC!!!
I would say that after today we're not going to be getting any more sh1tty/mocking jokes about how "loud" the Dome is. It got really loud with about 35k there.

What is he supposed to say! If he said go Clemson then you must be playing at home. Hope you had a good trip and safe travels.