Ugliest thing I've seen... | Syracusefan.com

Ugliest thing I've seen...

What with these new ideas? I get the whole marketing thing. I really do but who is designing these? This goes for all unis (more so on the hoops side where these Adidas unis this year were just abysmal).

Why not involve fans and get their input as to what would look good?

If we do that it will just remind more people they have leaves to rake and shouldn't go to the games

Adidas was awful especially the Norte dame bball double mint gum unis oh I got more for ya

http://www.nikeblog.com/2013/03/25/new-baylor-football-uniforms/

http://www.nikeblog.com/2013/04/02/uga-rebranding-new-georgia-football-uniforms-hoops-and-tf-too/

Uga isn't much difference though

I actually like those for Baylor and Georgia. At least they kept the same color schemes and didnt do something stupid with the helmet. The helmet is where I have the biggest issue. Maryland's helmets last year were stupid. Sometimes they are a positive though. I liked Boise States alternative helmet.

Just keep it simple and dont try to do too much.

A little OT, but I think it extends way beyond the football field. The clothes that are supposedly "in style" look flat out awful to me. I walk into a Gap and I just don't get it. It's been like that for almost 10 years now. I must be getting old.

It would be nice to see uniforms stay the exact same for the next 10 years. Looking in the stands at some of these games and seeing 29 different jerseys looks idiotic if you ask me.

I actually like those for Baylor and Georgia. At least they kept the same color schemes and didnt do something stupid with the helmet. The helmet is where I have the biggest issue. Maryland's helmets last year were stupid. Sometimes they are a positive though. I liked Boise States alternative helmet.

Just keep it simple and dont try to do too much.
The Baylor gold is pretty cool but why the camo helmet for vatech? Their color scheme is awful and camo makes it even worse.

Tulane just tweeted these out.
BHbLCu6CYAAo1_T.jpg

Am I the only one that doesn't like camo uniforms not only because they are putrid to look at but also due to the fact that there was a well known shooting at Va Tech? Camo = hunting or military = guns in my mind. I'm not opposed to any of those things by themself but seems like Va Tech might not be the right place to roll those out.

Am I the only one that doesn't like camo uniforms not only because they are putrid to look at but also due to the fact that there was a well known shooting at Va Tech? Camo = hunting or military = guns in my mind. I'm not opposed to any of those things by themself but seems like Va Tech might not be the right place to roll those out.

Va Tech has a rather large corps of cadets. The quad in the middle of campus is called "The Drillfield". I think that's why they are using camo.

From Wikipedia: "Until 1932, every able-bodied male was required to participate for four years in the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. The requirement was changed to two years until 1964, when participation became voluntary. Virginia Tech remains one of three public universities in the country (Texas A&M and North Georgia College and State University are the others) with both an active corps of cadets and "civilian" lifestyle on its campus."

That VaTech helmet looks like someone vomited a mixture of buffalo wings and blood all over it.

Va Tech has a rather large corps of cadets. The quad in the middle of campus is called "The Drillfield". I think that's why they are using camo.

From Wikipedia: "Until 1932, every able-bodied male was required to participate for four years in the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. The requirement was changed to two years until 1964, when participation became voluntary. Virginia Tech remains one of three public universities in the country (Texas A&M and North Georgia College and State University are the others) with both an active corps of cadets and "civilian" lifestyle on its campus."

Certainly makes more sense then. Appreciate the info, had no idea.

I like the helmets. Digital camo is cool in my book. Seems like old farts are the people who don't like them, not that there are any of those here :)

Always been tons of orange camo in the stands at Lane Stadium. It's brilliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom