UL-UF-Tonight maybe we get some idea of far away we are from competing with the best | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UL-UF-Tonight maybe we get some idea of far away we are from competing with the best

Playing D and Special Teams is also important. Florida's D was lousy for a top 5 team, and they lacked much on special teams. Speed is great but only if there is talent to catch/run/tackle combined with it. Louisville played enough D to stop Florida's mediocre offense. Ironic how important D was to the Big East and the bowl season.
UF's defense is one of the top is the country. Louisville caught them off-guard last night and took it to them. I dont think anyone who has followed Florida was shocked by the lack of response from their offense. Driskel is not a great quarterback so they don't have many options. Credit to Strong and Louisville for taking it to UF from the start. Unlike others, I am not convinced that Louisville would beat UF in a "7-game series". Although, Bridgewater did look a ton better last night after giving his wrist plenty of rest. He was on the mark the whole game.

That being said, I don't think the argument of SU beating Ville, and Ville beating UF means the talent gap is closing. I think SU has the talent to pull off a great win against a great team (like Louisville beating UF) every now and then, but I dont think the gap has closed that we would beat them every week.

Also, for all you ND haters, you might want to get on board and support ND during the National Championship against Alabama or else this Ville blowout against UF will mean nothing to SEC fans and the rest of the country except an absolute fluke, and SEC will reign supremacy.

Speaking of talent gaps, the talent of the PAC-12 is superior to the SEC right now, and will be next year.

Agreed. As much as I hate ND (and their favoritism), it's important for them to win for the ACC (and SU). If not for the ACC, then cheer for them being a private school.

UF's defense is one of the top is the country. Louisville caught them off-guard last night and took it to them. I dont think anyone who has followed Florida was shocked by the lack of response from their offense. Driskel is not a great quarterback so they don't have many options. Credit to Strong and Louisville for taking it to UF from the start. Unlike others, I am not convinced that Louisville would beat UF in a "7-game series". Although, Bridgewater did look a ton better last night after giving his wrist plenty of rest. He was on the mark the whole game.

That being said, I don't think the argument of SU beating Ville, and Ville beating UF means the talent gap is closing. I think SU has the talent to pull off a great win against a great team (like Louisville beating UF) every now and then, but I dont think the gap has closed that we would beat them every week.

Also, for all you ND haters, you might want to get on board and support ND during the National Championship against Alabama or else this Ville blowout against UF will mean nothing to SEC fans and the rest of the country except an absolute fluke, and SEC will reign supremacy.

Speaking of talent gaps, the talent of the PAC-12 is superior to the SEC right now, and will be next year.

As my comment was more to the point of balanced teams vs. one dimensional teams, you kind of prove my point. Florida, traditionally an offensive minded team, cannot play catch up very well. I agree, this is mostly on the QB, but Florida has been a long time power and should have a better QB.

Louisville came to play defensively, offensively and on special teams. Mostly, Florida played flat on O and ST. If Florida could not motivate themselves, that is their problem, great teams don't need external factors to motivate them to do well.

As for the ND issue, I agree. If Bama wins, the SEC has the bragging rights of consecutive NCs. I'm no ND fan, in fact Bama is one of my second tier teams, but in this game, ND all the way!

As my comment was more to the point of balanced teams vs. one dimensional teams, you kind of prove my point. Florida, traditionally an offensive minded team, cannot play catch up very well. I agree, this is mostly on the QB, but Florida has been a long time power and should have a better QB.

Louisville came to play defensively, offensively and on special teams. Mostly, Florida played flat on O and ST. If Florida could not motivate themselves, that is their problem, great teams don't need external factors to motivate them to do well.

As for the ND issue, I agree. If Bama wins, the SEC has the bragging rights of consecutive NCs. I'm no ND fan, in fact Bama is one of my second tier teams, but in this game, ND all the way!
gotcha. thought you were saying florida's d was lousy as in lousy the whole year

gotcha. thought you were saying florida's d was lousy as in lousy the whole year

We're on the same page. I respect the way they held Louisville after the turnover on the goalline, but they simply could not keep up the intensity, to my delight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom