Ultimately, was this season a succes? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ultimately, was this season a succes?

Ultimately, was this season a succes?

• Yes

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
We're supposed to be an elite program. Elite programs demand championships.

Then you better look in the mirror and realize we are NOT an elite team by your measure. Not even close. This program gets to the Elite 8 once per decade on average. You are a total dope.

Ab-so-fricken-lutely!

It sucks that we didn't win a national championship, but think back on all the great things that happened this year.

- Undefeated in the pre-conference season
- Only one loss in Big East play leading to a league championship
- Beat G-Town in OT
- Doubled up on UConn
- Ended our losing streak against L-Ville with back to back wins
- Saw beloved seniors Scoop Jardine and K-Jo become household names
- Bitch-slapped adversity right in the mouth by continuously rising above scrutiny

I just all around liked this team. They may not have been the most gifted players in the world, but I'll take guys like Scoop and Joseph on my team any day. They love the fans, they love the area, they love the program, and they made it a lot of fun to be Orange this year. I don't think many groups of 18 to 22 year old players could face what they did and make a season so enjoyable for us fans. I'll always remember this team for that.

This isn't a 7 game series. OSU outplayed us tonight; how often does the "best" team win the NCAA tournament? Fab Melo would have beeen tremendous tonight
Which is why I loathe the NCAA Tournament. I hope UK loses just so it can further perpetuate the fact the best team hardly ever wins anymore.

definitely a success...fan bases get a little delusional when it comes to championships...its just an honor to have one in your lifetime imo.

One of greatest single seasons ever! Yes the loss to OSU was tough but it does NOT undo all the great accomplishments of this season.

Which is why I loathe the NCAA Tournament. I hope UK loses just so it can further perpetuate the fact the best team hardly ever wins anymore.

Yeah but you know what? If it was a 7 games series, I'd see OSU winning 4-3 with these line-ups. We will never know what impact Fab would have had. Even if we didn't like some of the calls, and blah blah blah, this is why I am ok with it. Rarely do I think we lose to teams I feel are better. Tonight was one of them. It's ok. It's the only way a great team should lose.

Yeah but you know what? If it was a 7 games series, I'd see OSU winning 4-3 with these line-ups. We will never know what impact Fab would have had. Even if we didn't like some of the calls, and blah blah blah, this is why I am ok with it. Rarely do I think we lose to teams I feel are better. Tonight was one of them. It's ok. It's the only way a great team should lose.
I tend to agree OSU seemed better but the fact remains we missed about 5 point blank layups and the refs absolutely crippled us and we were still in the game. That says alot. With Fab, we win. No question in my mind.

It's really a silly question. A "success"? What does that even mean? And who cares really?

It was sure as hell a fun season (on the court). And we got further than 32 of JB's 36 editions.

If someone isn't satisfied or whatever that's really on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom