UNC as a Projected #2 Seed | Syracusefan.com

UNC as a Projected #2 Seed

Ajflood12

Starter
How is UNC a 6 seed in the ACC tourney considered a 2 seed in the NCAA? How is it possible we get that draw? NC state who is the 5 seed is a projected 9 and Va Tech is also a projected 8

Their schedule is not impressive either. Looks fairly similar to ours. Apparently the difference between a 2 seed and on the bubble is a 3 game difference in the win column.

Their schedule is not impressive either.

Hmmm Guinness I'm not sure what you're looking at. They have an SOS of 1. They have an insanely good non-conference resume having beaten Michigan (projected as a 3 seed), Tennessee (3 seed), Ohio State (5 seed), Arkansas (7 seed). They also have wins against Clemson, Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, NC State, etc.

Hmmm Guinness I'm not sure what you're looking at. They have an SOS of 1. They have an insanely good non-conference resume having beaten Michigan (projected as a 3 seed), Tennessee (3 seed), Ohio State (5 seed), Arkansas (7 seed). They also have wins against Clemson, Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, NC State, etc.

Maybe I should not drink and post because clearly I cannot read a schedule.

How is UNC a 6 seed in the ACC tourney considered a 2 seed in the NCAA? How is it possible we get that draw? NC state who is the 5 seed is a projected 9 and Va Tech is also a projected 8
Because the seeds in the ACC and NCAA tournaments are determined by completely different metrics. The ACC tourney seeds are based on a team's league record. UNC (11-7) was tied for 3rd with Clemson, Miami and NCSt, but lost to all 3 of those teams in head-to-head match-ups, so they received the #6 seed. This seems straightforward and the most equitable way to do this. The NCAA seeds involve a certain amount of subjective analysis.

Because the seeds in the ACC and NCAA tournaments are determined by completely different metrics. The ACC tourney seeds are based on a team's league record. UNC (11-7) was tied for 3rd with Clemson, Miami and NCSt, but lost to all 3 of those teams in head-to-head match-ups, so they received the #6 seed. This seems straightforward and the most equitable way to do this. The NCAA seeds involve a certain amount of subjective analysis.
When it comes to ACC tournaments in just about every sport that has one, the ACC tries to be fair to the greatest extent possible. The first team tiebreaker for seeding in all tournaments is head-to-head results. it's very hard to argue against the scoreboard.

I know how the seeding system works...i was saying how can a 6 seed that lost 9 games still be considered for a 2 seed. From a previous poster...they have a ton of quad 1 wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom