UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

I think the Ryan chop into Brown's arms with no attempt at the ball was a blown flagrant call. I thought it was debatable whether it was a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2! He gave that little extra push to throw Brown to the ground at the end.

The fact they called a simple foul was really bad.

Then they also tried to ignite Bacot's flagrant at the end. One official from across the court had to comer over to go to the video.

I guess with video replay, it only takes one official willing to call the game fair.
I thought the initial chop was at least an attempt for the ball, but when he followed through and grabbed Maliq’s arm, I thought that was non basketball related contact that should have been called.

I didn’t think it was that egregious of a ruling.

Excellent game plan by the coaches.

Offensive poise the best it's been all season.

Toughness on the defensive boards.

On the other hand--what has happened to UNC's defense? About 2 weeks ago, I thought they were a real threat to make the FF. Not right now.

Wow, what a win!

Sure, we aren't going to shoot 60% every game. Some games the little things go the right way (JJ's bank shot 3p), and that is what happened tonight.

However, lots of other positives that are repeatable. Played smart to close out the halves. Bell passing up that shot near the end showed a discipline that that isn't normally there. Copeland was a pest on DF and didn't commit any stupid fouls.

One other awesome part was a 7pm game on ESPN. Couple casual fans texted me. For those people who don't normally watch Cuse, we look like a better team than reality.

We Back!!!
Happy Cat GIF

Wow, what a win!

Sure, we aren't going to shoot 60% every game. Some games the little things go the right way (JJ's bank shot 3p), and that is what happened tonight.

However, lots of other positives that are repeatable. Played smart to close out the halves. Bell passing up that shot near the end showed a discipline that that isn't normally there. Copeland was a pest on DF and didn't commit any stupid fouls.

One other awesome part was a 7pm game on ESPN. Couple casual fans texted me. For those people who don't normally watch Cuse, we look like a better team than reality.
I had four Duke friends text me. YOU’RE WELCOME.

That was high level ball by the team for 40 minutes. I’m amazed at the shot making , intelligence, and unselfishness of play from all the guys. Mintz showed how winning ball can be played if you subvert your ego to the needs of the team

What a great win.
JB was so involved in this. It was almost like he was inside Red.
Zone was excellent as was the ISO with Judah the last 5 minutes. For a moment I thought he was Hughes.
Red is his own man and he has many gifts that will continue to improve as he matures but at his core he is a JB point guard and disciple. Tonight was great to see. I guarantee Jim is proud of Red and the guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom