UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Brown had two early treys and now has hit three in the last two games. He didnt miss tonight.

I actually hoped he would take a couple of more. If he is really capable of nailing them at a 35 to 40% clip consistently, that opens up our whole O and is the next big step in his development.

They missed three straight calls down the end of the game. They had to review tham to see that they were wrong. That isn't good.
...thanks Dasher, Newhouser had me scratching my head!!!!!

We got out rebounded 31 to 23, but it looked like we were at least trying under the glass. It was good to see the guards battling underneath.

Special shoutout to Bell - he has basically improved from zero to three the last few games. Appreciate that there is now effort. Red is getting thru.

And as corny as Kansas the 4th of July?

I didn’t go to the game. I have a sinus infection. I am SO MAD to have missed it but so happy for the team! I actually have a fever and I didn’t before this game!
...get better Beadle! Infections are not good for us " youngsters"!!!!!

I think, Copeland discovered that he could take the ball out of Ryan's hands any time he wanted to at the end of the game.

I think if we meet them in a tournament, Ryan will have a bunch of quick turnovers, until he has to come out of the game.

Copeland dominating Ryan was a huge part of closing out this game.
...was definitely in his head!!

Great win!

NC was as small as I’ve ever seen them - there guards are TINY. Judah and JJ had 4-5 inches on them. Q had 3 inches on Ryan and bell a couple on Ingram. Give Red credit for creating matchup problems all night - UNC could never play 2 bigs and had to match up with our guys vs us trying to match them.

There was nothing intimidating about this UNC team - they have talent but not scary talent like in previous years.

The refs seemed scared to make the right call all night - thank god for replay.

Red was the best coach on the floor tonight and JJ played like he was possessed
officially Cormac Ryan and Quadir Copeland are both 6’5” while Bell and Ingram are both noted as 6’7”. You’re right though their starting guards, Davis and Cadeau are both short 6’ and 6’1. Wonder if Davis will come back for a 5th Covid year? if he does, they will stay short on the perimeter since Cadeau is only a freshman.

Super pumped for Red, the players, the staff, and the students. Great to get a signature win at long last.

The backcourt did indeed live up to its preseason hype tonight.

It feels like the complexion has changed for the next 7+, an uphill climb for sure but we have a pulse.

What a great win! Kudos to all of the coaches and the players. You could plainly see how the coaches work has finally paid off. Bell was rebounding and playing solid D. Taylor took some shots. Judah played team ball. JJ was assertive from the start. All problems seemed to be effectively addressed and worked out tonight.
Keep it up guys!
It was great to see that Bell's effort level on D was way up!

Super pumped for Red, the players, the staff, and the students. Great to get a signature win at long last.

The backcourt did indeed live up to its preseason hype tonight.

It feels like the complexion has changed for the next 7+, an uphill climb for sure but we have a pulse.

Matchups to finish things out favor us minus at Clemson. That said getting another shot at them in what could mean a great deal to us provides for some major drama. Being down so many guys hard to predict how things shake out but schedule gives us a great shot.

Georgia Tech is a strange team having won only 3 games but those 3 were at home against Duke and UNC and away at Clemson in double OT.
Wow, this makes absolutely zero sense. However, it bodes well for us simply going by this pattern -- Ga Tech will not be big underdogs on Saturday like they were in those three.

Looked like a lot more interaction/conversation, even smiling between SU players on the court.
Very together, more like a team in that regard.
Played a big role, IMO!
Tends to happen when you’re winning against a good team, it’s not necessarily the reason for winning.

This team was basically buried 6 ft under and then put together that performance. So happy for them and the way the staff prepared them.
Random observations-
Justin Taylor booed by the students during intros? We have been critical of him on here, save it for the message boards and dont boo the kid before or during the game, come on.
Cormac Ryan is 25? One thing we seemed to have missed out on with guys getting these extra covid years is retaining or adding seniors or super seniors to have more experience. Its odd we added Swider and Jimmy Jr as seniors a few years back and that experiment kinda failed.
Now we have the challenge to keep these players grounded and focused on Gtech, the next game. Not dreaming of tournament but this is a signature win in Year 1 for Autry to give the fanbase some confidence in what he could be capable of. Rest of the way will still be tough, cant have the guards play 40 mins, need to mix in Cuffe at some point. Lets shoot for 18-20 wins and have a solid finish with these circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom